Explorer of the Seas

Well the day has finally come to say goodbye to my favorite ship. The Explorer Of The Seas. She will take her 14 day journey to her new home in Florida starting today. I wish I was able to be on her final NE journey. We have been on her 8 times and have enjoyed her every time. The crew is wonderful and will be greatly missed. Hopefully they will be able to transfer to the Anthem. The Explorer crew is like no other. They go above and beyond what is expected (speaking from my own opinion).

I hope I will feel as comfortable and welcome on the Anthem as I do on the Explorer.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Edited by lovetocruiserccl

Had my first cruise on Explorer this past June and I would echo everything you say.

She is an amazing ship with an amazing crew. I hope she exemplifies what I can come to expect from the whole Royal Caribbean Fleet. Quantum and Anthem have some very large shoes to fill.

My first time on the Explorer was from Miami. Then she came to NJ. I wish she was going to be refurbished first then going to Florida. I would love to see the changes that will be made to her. Especially my favorite cabin 1638. Oh well I guess I have to find a favorite on Anthem. Quantum looks very exciting but I'm boycotting her because she was promised to us first. Then she was taken away. So I figured why even go on her if she is not staying. I fully understand the reasoning why she's going to China. So I will wait.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Forums mobile app

Explorer was our first ever cruise. From Miami in 2003. We had such an amazing time, she got us hooked on cruising and Royal Caribbean.

We then sailed her again in 2006, also from Miami. Never got to sail her from NJ, even though NJ is way closer to us than Florida… :(;) So now I'm really hoping Anthem does the 9 Night Bermuda/Caribbean summer of 2016!

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

We sailed Explorer out of Miami on our first cruise in 2005. So happy when she came to NJ and have been on her 5 more times, our last being during Hurricane Sandy, one crazy cruise on her, but she was a champ:) Will miss this wonderful ship and crew!

My granddaughter (6 yrs old) has taken three cruises, all of them on the Explorer. When we debarked this July she whispered "goodbye, Explorer, I will miss you." It was so endearing. She is right, we will definitely miss her. She is one of our favorite ships.

Was our first time on a cruise ship and loved her so much did 9 trips on that ship and loved everyone of them will be sad to see her go. Met so many great people on her and saw so many new things will truly be sad to see her go for the final time. GOOD BYE OLD FRIEND