Paradise Dry Dock

Yvonne

Does anyone know for sure when Carnival's Paradise is going to go into dry dock?

Someone said it was rumored to be at the end of the year, and I'm currently planning a Paradise cruise at the end of February so was wondering if things would be refurbished for that cruise.

Also, does that ship have a Guy's Burgers?

2/26/15 - 3/12/15. so that may actually interfere with your plan of cruising at 'the end of february'.

no guys burgers and no fantasy class ship has received guy's in dry dock renovations to date.

I guess the "rumor" of at the "end of this year" was wrong. The cruise we are looking at to book is the 21st - 26th so I guess that would be the last one BEFORE dry dock. :)

• 2 months later...

I have no personal knowledge of ships and dry docks,however I have read a few comments from people who were on ships the last run before a scheduled dry-dock. They reported that preliminary work began during their cruise. Reports were of things like pools being drained near the end, carpet being removed from some lounges two days prior to last day, access curtailed from some areas. Even saw some photos of walls gone with plastic curtains up inthe foyer area to keep the dust down. Others can report if they have been these types of cruises. The reports I read were from unhappy campers. Just FYI....happytripwhenever...

I have no personal knowledge of ships and dry docks,however I have read a few comments from people who were on ships the last run before a scheduled dry-dock. They reported that preliminary work began during their cruise. Reports were of things like pools being drained near the end, carpet being removed from some lounges two days prior to last day, access curtailed from some areas. Even saw some photos of walls gone with plastic curtains up inthe foyer area to keep the dust down. Others can report if they have been these types of cruises. The reports I read were from unhappy campers. Just FYI....happytripwhenever...

That would be annoying. Hope it doesn't happen on our cruise. :(

• 2 weeks later...

no guys burgers and no fantasy class ship has received guy's in dry dock renovations to date.

Anybody know what the 2.0 upgrades to the Fantasy class ships have been? Don't really care about Guy's, but would be pretty stoked if they're adding an alchemy bar to the Paradise. :)

Anybody know what the 2.0 upgrades to the Fantasy class ships have been? Don't really care about Guy's, but would be pretty stoked if they're adding an alchemy bar to the Paradise. :)

they haven't really been implementing the 'standard' 2.0 upgrades to the fantasy class ships. they really got their major upgrades during the 'evolutions of fun' renovations a few years back, where (not equally applied among all ships) they received the waterworks, serenity areas, added balconies (paradise didn't get these), etc.

the most recent fantasy class ships post the evolutions of fun upgrades have just been pretty minor.

aside from the normal drydock renovations - carpet, paint and other cosmetic type upgrades, ecstasy got the red frog rum bar and blue iguana tequila bar.

elation, on the other hand, didn't get either of those - just the carpet, paint and other cosmetic items.

no fantasy class ships have got the alchemy bar either. there still has not been anything released regarding the paradise drydock so time will tell...

I guess the "rumor" of at the "end of this year" was wrong. The cruise we are looking at to book is the 21st - 26th so I guess that would be the last one BEFORE dry dock. :)

If you are doing the one before dry dock, I hope you are paying ROCK BOTTOM. We have cruised twice the week before dry dock on Carnival but were unaware it was THE week.

There was little fresh fruits or vegetables and it seemed like they were cleaning out the freezers. LOTS of hot dogs and such.

It also looked like they were done cleaning because both ships were not up to the standard that we are accustomed to on other voyages. I actually was sliding over on a booth seat to make room for someone else and the seat lifted up and I fell onto the deck. I told the restaurant manager and she said, "Yeah, we will fix it in dry dock". I was telling her because I was afraid if an elderly person fell, they might be really injured.

It also got to be a joke what would be removed from the cabin when we got back from port or dinner. By the end of the cruise, I was concerned we would have paper, disposable sheets! They pretty much took out everything that could be removed from the cabin including the TV by night 5 of a 7 day. They covered the carpets in plastic and were constantly doing some sort of construction at all hours.

It made me ALWAYS check the dry dock schedules if I am planning to cruise an older ship. If I could avoid it, I would. Of course a less than perfect cruise still beats a week at work any day.

I have no info or inside knowledge but just a theory. It wouldn't suprise me if carnival transfers the paradise and elation out of the fleet once vista and her sister arrive in 2016 and 2018. Paradise and elation are the only two fantasy ships not to recieve full evolutions of fun and new staterooms as well as water works. Yes they are newer but that dosent mean anything. The holiday was the oldest in her class but last to go. Anyway thats my conspiracy theory for the day lol.

they haven't really been implementing the 'standard' 2.0 upgrades to the fantasy class ships. they really got their major upgrades during the 'evolutions of fun' renovations a few years back, where (not equally applied among all ships) they received the waterworks, serenity areas, added balconies (paradise didn't get these), etc.

the most recent fantasy class ships post the evolutions of fun upgrades have just been pretty minor.

aside from the normal drydock renovations - carpet, paint and other cosmetic type upgrades, ecstasy got the red frog rum bar and blue iguana tequila bar.

elation, on the other hand, didn't get either of those - just the carpet, paint and other cosmetic items.

no fantasy class ships have got the alchemy bar either. there still has not been anything released regarding the paradise drydock so time will tell...

Bummer! Thanks for the quick (and informative/helpful) reply. We'll have an awesome time, no matter what. :)

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know for sure when Carnival's Paradise is going to go into dry dock?

Someone said it was rumored to be at the end of the year, and I'm currently planning a Paradise cruise at the end of February so was wondering if things would be refurbished for that cruise.

Also, does that ship have a Guy's Burgers?

Hi, I was on PARADISE 11/1-11/6/2014,

No it does not have a GUY'S, if you go to the CARNIVAL PARADISE cruise site, there is a place where you can find out what's on the ship, deck by deck, or yooungstown can look up dining & activities on main site and click on likeGUY's or Sushi bar and then select more ion and it will tell you which ship the places re, like it will say on all ships or only on Liberty or Pride etc.

Sorry I cant help about dry dock

I loved The Paradise so much I want to go back this fall again, if I can find a good deal. I was on the MIRACLE in 2005, and the PARADISE is definetlt a smaller ship, but still fun, lively or quiet depending on where you go..definitely a fun ship. Thanks Dixie

Edited by dixie14174
Spelling

If you are doing the one before dry dock, I hope you are paying ROCK BOTTOM. We have cruised twice the week before dry dock on Carnival but were unaware it was THE week.

There was little fresh fruits or vegetables and it seemed like they were cleaning out the freezers. LOTS of hot dogs and such.

It also looked like they were done cleaning because both ships were not up to the standard that we are accustomed to on other voyages. I actually was sliding over on a booth seat to make room for someone else and the seat lifted up and I fell onto the deck. I told the restaurant manager and she said, "Yeah, we will fix it in dry dock". I was telling her because I was afraid if an elderly person fell, they might be really injured.

It also got to be a joke what would be removed from the cabin when we got back from port or dinner. By the end of the cruise, I was concerned we would have paper, disposable sheets! They pretty much took out everything that could be removed from the cabin including the TV by night 5 of a 7 day. They covered the carpets in plastic and were constantly doing some sort of construction at all hours.

It made me ALWAYS check the dry dock schedules if I am planning to cruise an older ship. If I could avoid it, I would. Of course a less than perfect cruise still beats a week at work any day.

We had plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables, and the only hot dogs I saw were at the late night buffet when they were serving hamburgers and hot dogs. We really weren't inconvenienced at all during the cruise, since it was the last one before drydock on 2/26. They had partitioned part of the Rex nightclub off and were working on that, but still most of the room was usable (we never went in there so it didn't matter), and the last sea day they had covered one of the elevator floors with plywood. That's all I can remember seeing. And they never removed anything from our cabin. The "corner box" had already been removed before our cruise.

Hi, I was on PARADISE 11/1-11/6/2014,

No it does not have a GUY'S, if you go to the CARNIVAL PARADISE cruise site, there is a place where you can find out what's on the ship, deck by deck, or yooungstown can look up dining & activities on main site and click on likeGUY's or Sushi bar and then select more ion and it will tell you which ship the places re, like it will say on all ships or only on Liberty or Pride etc.

Sorry I cant help about dry dock

I loved The Paradise so much I want to go back this fall again, if I can find a good deal. I was on the MIRACLE in 2005, and the PARADISE is definetlt a smaller ship, but still fun, lively or quiet depending on where you go..definitely a fun ship. Thanks Dixie

Our cruise came and went by the time you posted. :) We had a great time!! :)