Oasis of the Seas - Central Park or Boardwalk Balcony?

UK Fan 78

I will be taking my ten year old son on OOTS for his first cruise next spring. We currently have a CP Balcony booked and I am having second thoughts...should I have booked. Boardwalk Balcony? I know many will say forego the inside balconies all together, but I thought my son might enjoy the "people watching" more in the evenings versus the ocean.

We have never been in an Oasis class ship before, so I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks!

My son and daughter-in-law really enjoyed their Boardwalk Balcony, especially my son who enjoyed watching the Aqua shows from there. My DIL did find the room a trifle noisy until things settle down about eleven or so.

My BIL and sister had a Boardwalk Balcony right over the carrousel. They did not enjoy their balcony. I'm not sure why. Their balcony was closer to the actual main floor of the Boardwalk.

My son's room was quite close to what once was a large public "secret balcony" and he enjoyed that balcony tremendously. Central Park balconies are not close to anything like that, but I have heard that the "secret balconies" on Oasis are no longer public which is really too bad.

We book ocean view balconies because we really like being able to look at the ocean and hear the waves going by.

I'm not sure I would change cabins just because your son might enjoy the BW somewhat more. I have a friend who stayed in a Central Park balcony and loved it. You can still look up and see the sky and stars. At night, it is very peaceful. Early in the evening, there are little acoustic concerts that are restful and soothing. It is nice to see the treetops. If I recall, you can hear birds chirping.

I forgot to say, your enjoyment of a BW cabin has much to do with exactly where that cabin is. If you do want to change, try for one closer to the Aqua Theater.

My 7 and 9 year old nephews absolutely loved being in the boardwalk balcony cabin. They were always entertained by watching people zip line, rock climb and watching the the shows from our balcony. We were not bothered by the noise at all. I agree with clarea that the Central Park balconies are quieter and warmer being further from the opening of the aft of the ship. Either way, enjoy your cruise!

I think a 10 year old might enjoy the boardwalk view more than Central Park, especially a view more toward the aft of the ship. Can watch the Aqua theater, rock wall, zip line, etc. CP is definitely quieter and hotter - not much of a breeze and not really much to see other than people walking through to go to eat or bars.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you all for your input! I switched our reservation to cabin #10325 (a B1). This cabin is the third boardwalk balcony cabin back. I googled it and found some pretty good videos taken from that cabin. I think my son (and I) will enjoy it much more.

Perhaps the glimpses he will catch of the ocean this time will make it want to have an outside balcony the next time (fingers crossed).

Thank you again.

How much time will a 10 year old, actually be on the balcony? If he does the children's activities.

I don't think it is a question of a lot of time for most families. Found that our grandsons could at least "people watch" while the rest of the family took showers, got dressed, etc. There isn't too much for kids to do while parents get dressed and kids club doesn't run 24/7! It's just a nice break, a little fresh air, and even a good place to read a book. Honestly feel that kids need down time and a place to relax too.

I don't think it is a question of a lot of time for most families. Found that our grandsons could at least "people watch" while the rest of the family took showers, got dressed, etc. There isn't too much for kids to do while parents get dressed and kids club doesn't run 24/7! It's just a nice break, a little fresh air, and even a good place to read a book. Honestly feel that kids need down time and a place to relax too.

My thoughts exactly. I figure it will keep him occupied while we are getting ready for dinner, etc. I think he will go to the kids club, but I don't think he will spend the majority of his time there.

My thoughts exactly. I figure it will keep him occupied while we are getting ready for dinner, etc. I think he will go to the kids club, but I don't think he will spend the majority of his time there.

Enjoy your cruise - sailed earlier this summer on the Oasis with our daughter, son-in-law and three kids - ages 6, 8, 10. They had a great time and did have boardwalk balcony rooms (connecting two rooms). I am sure you will have a good time!

Enjoy your cruise - sailed earlier this summer on the Oasis with our daughter, son-in-law and three kids - ages 6, 8, 10. They had a great time and did have boardwalk balcony rooms (connecting two rooms). I am sure you will have a good time!

Thanks so much!

Thank you all for your input! I switched our reservation to cabin #10325 (a B1). This cabin is the third boardwalk balcony cabin back. I googled it and found some pretty good videos taken from that cabin. I think my son (and I) will enjoy it much more.

Perhaps the glimpses he will catch of the ocean this time will make it want to have an outside balcony the next time (fingers crossed).

Thank you again.

That is a good choice. You will be close enough to see the shows, but you really can't hear everything. Do go one night and sit in the Aqua Theater to watch the show since you get a totally different perspective compared to the balcony view.

Campbell, how dud you find the room configuration for the 327 cabin. I understand the sofa is by the balcony door. Did you find access to the closet awkward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We did find the access to the closet very awkward indeed our friends were next door in 11325 their bed was by the window a much better set up in my opinion.

If booking a boardwalk balcony again I would prefer a room with the bed near the window .

We did find the access to the closet very awkward indeed our friends were next door in 11325 their bed was by the window a much better set up in my opinion.

If booking a boardwalk balcony again I would prefer a room with the bed near the window .

Thanks for the information. I think we will like the bed next to the balcony more too. Of course, we are just happy to be going!

That is a good choice. You will be close enough to see the shows, but you really can't hear everything. Do go one night and sit in the Aqua Theater to watch the show since you get a totally different perspective compared to the balcony view.

Thanks for the advice and info. We will definitely be visiting the Aqua Theater.