Norwegian Jade experts - Tell me what you know.

papcx

Is this rule enforced? Would you happen to know what time the free weights are opened for use in the mornings? We are sailing the Jade in November. We will be in MB 11522, directly under the aft end of the fitness center, and I am a bit concerned about the THUD factor, so to speak.

You hear a thud, immediately speak to the HD. We suffered a week. The thud factor is AWFUL. I think it opens between 6-7. There are crew who Have to use the free weights but the necessity of the thud is beyond me:rolleyes:

We have "re-booked" from a prior cancellation on the STAR to the JADE...We will be in aft facing suite 8630, can anybody tell me anything about that particular room...???Was the last "suite" available to us, it was that or cancel completely...Was not our first or second choice but it was the last suite available...Now curious...???

We have "re-booked" from a prior cancellation on the STAR to the JADE...We will be in aft facing suite 8630, can anybody tell me anything about that particular room...???Was the last "suite" available to us, it was that or cancel completely...Was not our first or second choice but it was the last suite available...Now curious...???

On Jade there are shops on Deck 7 aft so nothing that would create disturbance from below unlike on Star where Spinnaker Lounge is in that space.

Personally I can't think of a reason why that suite would be no good - of course the balconies etc might differ but as a location that seems quite ok.

I had little time to check myself but did look at the deck plans, yes you are right it looks like it will be an acceptable aft facing suite for us even if its on a lower deck than we've ever cruised on before...I/we were given no choices, it was that suite or nothing, so we did "accept" it with a few additional "amenities" thrown in...

Thank you for the additional information/comments you seem to more than know your way around NCL and these boards...

Rob

...We made a a change to our "selected for us accommodations" from 8630 to 9170, for us a better deck and we prefer the starboard side even if its an SF...BTW does anybody know when the next "refurbishment" for the Jade is...???Thanks...

Rob

...We made a a change to our "selected for us accommodations" from 8630 to 9170, for us a better deck and we prefer the starboard side even if its an SF...BTW does anybody know when the next "refurbishment" for the Jade is...???Thanks...

Rob

You made a good choice moving to deck 9 and will have more balcony room.

Hi all.

Booked our first Norwegian cruise today on the Jade.

So you Norwegian Jade experts. Tell me what you know.

Favourite bar or lounge.

Best restaurant.

What's not to miss, what to avoid.

Thanks in advance.

The Grand Pacific dining room was our favorite restaurant on the ship. Great setting, and some of the best MDR food we've had on a cruise ship. (The cooks even got it right when we asked for rare or medium rare.)

Rob

Jade is not currently sailing in the second half of October next year. Last trip at present ends up in Venice on 8 Oct 15 and then there looks like up to three weeks after that she is not sailing so probably dry docking somewhere in Italy.

Jade is not currently sailing in the second half of October next year. Last trip at present ends up in Venice on 8 Oct 15 and then there looks like up to three weeks after that she is not sailing so probably dry docking somewhere in Italy.

Thank you for that information, it would seem that the Jade is due for some sort of refurbishment after the last 5-6 years in Europe cruising...

Appreciate it...

Rob

We were really hoping for one of those two-bedroom suites on our cruise in November, but it was a bit beyond our budget, so we went with a mini-suite just down the hall. Judging by the videos I've seen posted, I am absolutely in love with the tubs and showers in the SC and dying to actually see them in person. I'm trying to decide if it would be totally creepy to ask one of my neighbors if I can check out their bathroom. :eek:

Go see one on disembarkation morning. Doors are open while stewards are changing linens and making up rooms.

Edit: see you have made a connection to see one already. But still good to see a variety of cabins on disembarkation day.

Edited by DMH15

I thought the Jade was crossing from Europe (Barcelona) to Tampa FL at the end of October in 2016 to start her Caribbean sailings from Tampa, based on news article?? The article said the new itineraries would be released 8/24/15.

Edited by NMLady

I thought the Jade was crossing from Europe (Barcelona) to Tampa FL at the end of October in 2016 to start her Caribbean sailings from Tampa, based on news article?? The article said the new itineraries would be released 8/24/15.

Even before the announced changes there was a two week gap for the Jade. 15th to 29th. Now there is nothing after the 8th on the website. She doesn't leave Barcelona til the 30th, so what is up between those dates?

Paul

Even before the announced changes there was a two week gap for the Jade. 15th to 29th. Now there is nothing after the 8th on the website. She doesn't leave Barcelona til the 30th, so what is up between those dates?

Paul

Could it be dry dock?

We are on the Jade sept 5 , is the Grand Pacific MDR open for lunch on embarkation day? Always think the buffets are so chaotic.

I had thought that the buffets would be chaotic on embarkation day but I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty ok on our NCL Jade cruise.

[YOUTUBE]rvZV0Q3QPyE[/YOUTUBE]

Quick question for anyone who knows...does the Jade Haven area have a small steam room/sauna back near the exercise/Rest rooms on deck 14? If I remember correctly her sister ship the Jewel does, but it's hard to see that on the deck plans.

Quick question for anyone who knows...does the Jade Haven area have a small steam room/sauna back near the exercise/Rest rooms on deck 14? If I remember correctly her sister ship the Jewel does, but it's hard to see that on the deck plans.

No steam room/sauna in the Jade Haven, but there are the two exercise machines in that little alcove, one cycle and one walking. There is a hot tub just outside that room and, of course, the small "swim jet" cool pool.

Edited by old nutter
minor change

No steam room/sauna in the Jade Haven, but there are the two exercise machines in that little alcove, one cycle and one walking. There is a hot tub just outside that room and, of course, the small "swim jet" cool pool.

No, that's wrong. There is definitely a small steam room across from the hot tub in the Jade Haven.

No, that's wrong. There is definitely a small steam room across from the hot tub in the Jade Haven.

That's really strange! We have been in the Jade Haven a number of times and never found that - just shows how easy it is to miss! It would be quite handy to warm up after spell on the sundeck stargazing in winter Where is it please because we will be on her again next year? I can only remember the staircase up to the top sundeck being across from the hot tub and the map on the NCL Haven pages doesn't seem to have anywhere to put it.

I can't see it being different from its sister ship, but with all the refits they do, you never know. I ask because we have been debating the spa pass on our upcoming trip if they don't have one we can access in the haven. We enjoyed the one on the jewel even though it was small. I suppose I will decide when I get on board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I can't see it being different from its sister ship, but with all the refits they do, you never know. I ask because we have been debating the spa pass on our upcoming trip if they don't have one we can access in the haven. We enjoyed the one on the jewel even though it was small. I suppose I will decide when I get on board.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was in the Haven a few weeks back - definitely a steam room in the gym area behind the hot tub and stairs to the sun deck. Also women's and men's shower/changing rooms there too. Did not use the steam room, it was hot enough in the Med in August!