Norwegian Jade experts - Tell me what you know.

papcx

I stayed at the Hilton Molino Stucky; Marriott is good too. Take the hotel shuttle to St. Marks square. There is lots of shopping in all the alleys. The St. Marks Basilica is under repair; but you can still go in and tour. It's free. Also the Rialto bridge is under going repairs; they have scaffolding up around the bridge; however, its still a nice area to visit and shop. There are Gelato stands all over Venice. All of it is good. We pre arranged a water taxi to our hotel. price was 99e for three of us. The Hilton has a free shuttle bus water taxi back and forth to St. Marks square. We hopped on Vapperreto was bus to the cruise terminal. It was 9e each

Edited by AF-1

Sorry to be the killjoy, but we mainly stuck to the buffet as we found the main dining rooms on the Jade to be complete zoos at dinner times. Everyone seems to be rushing around and working very hard, but they must be terribly unorganized or understaffed. The atmosphere is very chaotic and at times we didn't even receive parts of our order. We were also hoping for the "Happy Birthday" song and special piece of cake for our daughter's first birthday dinner (we handed in the token card that NCL left in our room for this) and alas.. it didn't happen!

Things I like on the Jade:

The German buffet (even the oompah band rocks!)

The fries at the poolside buffet

The wacky chez lounge in Spinnakers (hidden at the back these days)

The kid's club staff

Luis, the Access Officer

Things I dislike:

Several in addition to the dining rooms, but I won't get into it :(

Oh and a hint- there is a little bar on one of the upper-most decks (I can't remember the name). It may be right across from Cagney's (?). Anyhow- it always seems to be empty at night if you are looking for a nice place for a quiet drink.

Oh and a hint- there is a little bar on one of the upper-most decks (I can't remember the name). It may be right across from Cagney's (?). Anyhow- it always seems to be empty at night if you are looking for a nice place for a quiet drink.

The Star bar - deck 13.

If you want to use the free weights at the gym, do note that unlike other ships, the Jade has a rule in which you can't use free weights after 9pm. They will roped off the area after 9pm.

Is this rule enforced? Would you happen to know what time the free weights are opened for use in the mornings? We are sailing the Jade in November. We will be in MB 11522, directly under the aft end of the fitness center, and I am a bit concerned about the THUD factor, so to speak.

My friend DK Reyes is on the Jade now. He is part of the entertainment staff, and goes by Fabio. He is a lot of fun, and loves to dance with the guests!! When you see him, please tell him that Regina and Judy said hello!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We are sailing on the Jade to the Western Caribbean in December this year. We sailed on the Jewel this past February and they seem to be identical layouts, with just some of the restaurants and bars with different names. We will be in a 2 bed suite with an adjoining mini-suite for our older children this time (they didn't get to go in February due to college schedules). I cannot wait to go again!

Just off Jade last week as first time NCL cruisers. We weren't expecting too much prior to the cruise but our expectations were exceeded. We found it to have a very relaxed atmosphere and the staff were definitely the happiest and most willing that we've come across on any line/ship. We also loved the overall layout of the ship.

We thought the food was excellent in Cagney's, Jasmine Garden, Blue Lagoon and also the buffet.

The only slight disappointment was the size of the stateroom. We booked a mini-suite which was very small compared to the mini's on for instance RCI but the bathroom was by far the best layout that we have come across.

You're welcome. I thought of a few more things - I've been on the Jade twice:

In the hallway carpets, the fish swim towards the front of the ship - very helpful for staying oriented.

I liked the Grand Pacific dining room better than Alizar - Grand Pacific is a larger space with a higher ceiling and lots of windows. Food is the same.

The buffalo wings from the Blue Lagoon (free) are very popular.

Part of the buffet (Garden Cafe) is the Kid's Cafe - with stuff especially to appeal to children.

Great Outdoors is a good place to be for sail away and also good for breakfast and lunch.

IF you are in a suite, bring DVD's as all suites have VCR's.

You can bring 2 bottles of wine, and all the soda pop and water you want onboard.

Don't forget to bring your binoculars.

The Star Bar (across from Cagney's main restaurant) is probably the prettiest bar onboard but not used as much as it ought to be - at least not on my cruises. Perhaps people don't know about it. It might be a great place to get a group together and go there to hang out.

Don't bother to bring formalwear unless you just REALLY want to. Most passengers don't dress up unless they want to do photos. Men typically wear trousers and a shirt with a collar for dinner and women wear resort wear - pantsuits, sundresses, maxi-dresses, pants and top, skirt and top. Makes packing so much easier.

You can bring soda on board?! Wooo hoo, I'm a early riser, do not drink coffee. Now I can have my Dr Pepper at 4:30 am :D

Great info! We have been on the jewel and pearl, so glad the layout is very similar. We enjoyed both of those ships very much. Does anyone know if they reserve a seating area during shows for suites? They did this on the jewel and pearl when we were last on them, but I didn't see it on the star or epic, although maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Great info! We have been on the jewel and pearl, so glad the layout is very similar. We enjoyed both of those ships very much. Does anyone know if they reserve a seating area during shows for suites? They did this on the jewel and pearl when we were last on them, but I didn't see it on the star or epic, although maybe I just wasn't paying as much attention.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

There was reserved seating on the Star on the upper level stage right. We sat there and on some nights we had little company until the area opened to others once the show started.

We sailed on the Jade last Dec on a cruise to Greece and Turkey, in a 2bedroom penthouse suite. It was awesome!

More info here.

http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/p/norwegian-jade-ncl-cruise-greece-turkey.html

Some videos of the memorable experience -

2bedroom penthouse suite (we squeezed 4 adults and 2 pax into this)

[YOUTUBE]POIy0VzgXGw[/YOUTUBE]

Cagneys for Breakfast - Suite Perk

[YOUTUBE]BYgGcK5QUQY[/YOUTUBE]

Cagneys for Lunch - Suite perk

[YOUTUBE]jgLddY6LzvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Garden Cafe, Buffet Dinner

[YOUTUBE]ic9vxaMs48M[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Iluvcruising2

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know if the Jade has converted the Blue Lagoon to O'Sheehans yet?

I don't see it in the dry dock schedule.

Thanks. We love this ship and will be on her April 2016 out of Houston.

As of early May 2015, it was still Blue Lagoon.