Restaurants within easy walking distance of Hyatt Pier 66

cruise to live

I will be staying at the Hyatt Pier 66 on Dec. 8, and would like to know of any restaurants within easy walking distance. I don't feel like spending a fortune on dinner.

Once you walk over the bridge to the west, there are a ton of restaurants. Everything from fast food to upscale.

What are you in the mood for?

Duffys, Pei Wei, Shula Burger, Five Guys, Firehouse Subs are the first restaurants that come to mind. Duffys is really good.

If you are in the mood for seafood, it isn't cheap, but the following are pretty good:

Kellys Landing

15th Street

Bimini Boatyard

Southport Raw Bar

Carlos & Pepes is good Mexican food.

There are also, Outback Steakhouse, Carabbas, Quarterdeck, and PDQ to name a few.

Edited by BlueHerons

Once you walk over the bridge to the west, there are a ton of restaurants. Everything from fast food to upscale.

What are you in the mood for?

Duffys, Pei Wei, Shula Burger, Five Guys, Firehouse Subs are the first restaurants that come to mind. Duffys is really good.

If you are in the mood for seafood, it isn't cheap, but the following are pretty good:

Kellys Landing

15th Street

Bimini Boatyard

Southport Raw Bar

Carlos & Pepes is good Mexican food.

There are also, Outback Steakhouse, Carabbas, Quarterdeck, and PDQ to name a few.

You know, I've said this to myself many times, but never to you. You are really a marvelous source of information on these threads. Concise, to the heart of the questions and never condesending. Living in MD and only getting to travel to FL for occasional cruises, it is nice to know that you are one of several of the south FL Cruise Critic people that can be relied upon to be informative and gracious. Thanks a lot for what you provide.

You know, I've said this to myself many times, but never to you. You are really a marvelous source of information on these threads. Concise, to the heart of the questions and never condesending. Living in MD and only getting to travel to FL for occasional cruises, it is nice to know that you are one of several of the south FL Cruise Critic people that can be relied upon to be informative and gracious. Thanks a lot for what you provide.

Aww!! Thank you!!

"Easy walking distance" can be subjective. By the time you walk from your hotel room to over the bridge, you will have already walked about 4 blocks. The most inexpensive restaurants in the first plaza on the same side of the street as Hyatt Pier 66 (another block past the bridge) are: Bravo (table service), Chipotle, Shula Burger, and Pei Wei (all counter service).

When I stayed at Hyatt Pier 66, we walked out to the hotel marina and ate at Pelicans Landing - right on the dock. Close, great view, and decent food. A bit more pricey than some of the chain restaurants, but we enjoyed it.

Also, don't forget the water taxi stops at the hotel, which will get you to numerous locations with good places to eat. We rode it over to Las Olas Blvd and ate lunch at "The Cheesecake Factory" one day of our stay.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

When I stayed at Hyatt Pier 66, we walked out to the hotel marina and ate at Pelicans Landing - right on the dock. Close, great view, and decent food. A bit more pricey than some of the chain restaurants, but we enjoyed it.

Also, don't forget the water taxi stops at the hotel, which will get you to numerous locations with good places to eat. We rode it over to Las Olas Blvd and ate lunch at "The Cheesecake Factory" one day of our stay.

Dan.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Forums mobile app

The last I heard, Pelican's Landing was closed for renovations, as was the water taxi stop. I hope they have reopened by now, as it's a great little place!

Edited by royalcruz

The last I heard, Pelican's Landing was closed for renovations, as was the water taxi stop. I hope they have reopened by now, as it's a great little place!

According to the Hyatt Pier 66 Facebook page, Pelican's Landing just reopened last week. Apparently with the remodel, it also has a revised menu.

The water-taxi stop I am not sure of though.

Dan.

According to the Hyatt Pier 66 Facebook page, Pelican's Landing just reopened last week. Apparently with the remodel, it also has a revised menu.

The water-taxi stop I am not sure of though.

Dan.

Can we see the ships sail away from the outdoor deck at Pelican Landing? Looking for a place to have a few drinks an dinner and watch the parade out on the Sunday before our cruise.

Can we see the ships sail away from the outdoor deck at Pelican Landing? Looking for a place to have a few drinks an dinner and watch the parade out on the Sunday before our cruise.

I don't know about the deck at Pelican's Landing(obstructed views I'm sure) but you can sit at one of the oceanfront restaurants at Beach Place (LuLus, Fat Tuesday, Big Kahuna, Hooters, Atlantic (Sonic) and watch the ships sail away. Or, we like to pack a picnic and head down to the state park on Seabreeze (South Beach Park) and watch the moon rise and the ships set out to sail. There are tons of picnic tables and grills (the park is about a mile long) along with bathrooms.

I don't know about the deck at Pelican's Landing(obstructed views I'm sure) but you can sit at one of the oceanfront restaurants at Beach Place (LuLus, Fat Tuesday, Big Kahuna, Hooters, Atlantic (Sonic) and watch the ships sail away. Or, we like to pack a picnic and head down to the state park on Seabreeze (South Beach Park) and watch the moon rise and the ships set out to sail. There are tons of picnic tables and grills (the park is about a mile long) along with bathrooms.

Thanks for the reply. We get in to Ft. Lauderdale early on a Saturday morning for a Monday cruise, so we plan on watching sail away on Saturday from the beach you suggested and from a restaurant on Sunday. Do you have a preferred spot to eat and watch on Sunday of the places you suggested?

Thanks for the reply. We get in to Ft. Lauderdale early on a Saturday morning for a Monday cruise, so we plan on watching sail away on Saturday from the beach you suggested and from a restaurant on Sunday. Do you have a preferred spot to eat and watch on Sunday of the places you suggested?

Hooters would be my favorite followed by LuLus.

On Saturday go to Publix and get one of the cooler bags for $2.50 (it will come in handy on your cruise) and fill it with drinks and snacks and day camp yourself on the beach. If you head a little further north, they day rent chairs and umbrellas on the beach.