All-time FAVORITE Carnival port

MaiTaiMary

My first Carnival cruise had New Orleans as a POC. That remains a favorite. Antigua might be 2nd, but really I've loved them all. Even Belize.

Have never been to New Orleans. What made this so special (for future reference).

Edited by champagne123
xxxx

OMG how could I forget New Orleans? I do think of it now more as a port of departure, than a port of call, but way back in 2000, on my first Carnival cruise which was Sensation, which did 7 day cruises back then from Tampa, we visited New Orleans. I had been there before three times, but that was my first time there on a cruise. New Orleans is right up there with those places that have to been seen experienced at least once in a lifetime. Another one of those places that are unique. The food, the music, and the ambiance. Just has to be experienced.:)

We have taken 7 Caribbean cruises, visiting many ports of call.

If I had to pick just one to visit: its a no brainer- ARUBA. Breathtaking beaches,

most diverse terrain with desert features on one part of the island, and the most

stunning visual site:

The Natural Pool!

Of all of my many island adventures, snorkeling at the remote, scenic Natural Pool-

is the most awesome experience. This not to be missed!

Hired a private jeep tour, for my family of four; arrived at the Natural Pool before the

arrival of the ship sponsored excursions.

Another vote for Half Moon Cay! It is the most picture perfect beach I have been to! The water was the purest blue. Just Amazing!

On the repo cruise in March we are going to Aruba, I am looking forward to comparing the beaches! :-)

Hello TIW,

What made this your favorite? It will also be one of our ports next year.

The beauty of the island, we love going to the beach there, we have been there several times and even stayed a week there on a land based vacation.

When I retire, I want to get a job with Carnival Cruise line living on their island and my job would be changing the sign when ships pull away to their next port. Easy job...all of the islands in the Caribbean look the same to me after a few rum punches. They all have t-shirt stores, wicker markets and a pier with locals trying to hawk cab rides or boat trips around the island.
Each island looks unique to me, each with it's own marvels, pros, and cons. But then, I'm not a drinker. ;)

My favorite ports for beaches are Half Moon Cay and the Boartyard in Barbados. My favorite just for pure beauty is St Kitts. My favorite snorkeling is Roatan. :)

Jaberjaw...

Where was your favorite place to snorkel in Roatan? We are headed there for the first time in March and with a family that loves to snorkel we are looking for the best place. I am considering Little French Key, West Bay, and Fantasy Island. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I would love to hear your experience.

BTW...so far I believe Grand Cayman is my favorite port, but I have had a great time at every port we have ever been to :)

Jaberjaw...

Where was your favorite place to snorkel in Roatan? We are headed there for the first time in March and with a family that loves to snorkel we are looking for the best place. I am considering Little French Key, West Bay, and Fantasy Island. Not trying to hijack the thread, but I would love to hear your experience.

We snorkeled in Roatan at a little cove off the beaten path, I believe it was called half moon bay. We had a private driver from Victor Bodden who took us there the first time and then we told our other driver where we wanted to go and he took us their the 2nd time. Great snorkeling. Have a great trip.

Jaberjaw...

BTW...so far I believe Grand Cayman is my favorite port, but I have had a great time at every port we have ever been to :)

We did a private tour with Victor Bodden and we went to West Bay snorkeling right from the beach