All-time FAVORITE Carnival port

MaiTaiMary

My personal favorite: Portland, ME. Second: Halifax.

If I ever make it to Alaska or Northern Europe, I'm sure some of those ports will be high on the list. I'm not much of a beach bum nor do I like hot weather. I've only gone to the caribbean as my friends were going. I wish there were more affordable choices in temperate and cool weather cruising.

Roatan! It has special meaning to me because it was my mom's favorite port. The people in Roatan are so, SO nice. Just so friendly. The beaches are beautiful, with the water so clear. I feel safe allowing my son to swim all over the place there. Plus, they have this drink called the Monkey La-La. WOW! It's the best frozen drink I've ever had!!

Roatan! It has special meaning to me because it was my mom's favorite port. The people in Roatan are so, SO nice. Just so friendly. The beaches are beautiful, with the water so clear. I feel safe allowing my son to swim all over the place there. Plus, they have this drink called the Monkey La-La. WOW! It's the best frozen drink I've ever had!!

What beaches do you recommend? We must got back and made the mistake of going to Mahogany Bay...

I always go to the same one, Tabyana Beach...on the West End. It's about a 20 minute drive from the pier, but I always stick to this beach for a few reasons:

1) It's a nice sized beach, with plenty on trees for shade, such beautiful trees, too! It never has felt crowded. The sand is always soft and pretty, free of seaweed so I can walk barefoot and be totally comfortable.

2) It's (so far) one of the only beaches I've been to that has clear-bottom kayaks, which my son loves.

3) They have a super fun waterside, trampoline, obstacle court that not only my little boy loves, but I love as well! It's so fun to race down the slide and fall into the water...and again, I feel safe to do so.

4) The water goes on far awhile until it gets too deep, so I'm comfortable when I snorkel with the little guy.

The facilities are nice, the people are nice, and I feel the drinks are well-priced. I've always gone to this beach through the ship excursion, and it includes a nice lunch.

It seems ridiculous to pay money for a "beach break" excursion, when all you have to do is walk off the ship, and you're at a really beautiful beach, right?? (not to mention the 20 minute bus ride)...But it's so worth it me me!

Lastly, on a personal level this beach brings back wonderful memories I have of my mom. It was her absolute favorite, even up against St. Marteen, St. Lucia, and even Tortola. Tabyana Beach is just so special. I think Roatan is a very, very special place. I cannot wait to go back!!!