Just a reminder to check your flight status

serene56

It is funny that you mention the flight status because last April I booked a flight from BDL to FLL with JetBlue. I just happen to check my flight and it was changed from the morning to a night flight. Well after talking to a JetBlue representative I was refunded the money. I did get a flight with Southwest which was less money but JetBlue never sent me a notice of a flight change, I could have been up the creek.

Gary

Did you sign up to receive such notifications? I always sign up and I've always been notified of changes in departure or arrival times.

always- THEY NEVER NOTIFIED ME

I was in row 8 on all flights-=- now im back in rows 25 or 26 nothing is left closer-- I will check that every day.

kinda upset since I booked so long ago

I flew American from Denver to Miami in Oct. It was the first time in years since SW has really good times/rates (they do not fly into Miami which is why w flew AA). Last time we flew AA they had us (DD who was 2 at the time and I) sitting on the runway for 3 hours!

This time I booked a great time/price, direct flight. was super happy. Went to check on it a couple of weeks later and they had changed our flight with no notification. They put us on an overnight flight with a 4 hour layover - WTH? I had to call and change it. They cancelled all the direct flights.

I found a connecting flight that would get us to Miami pretty early (not as good as the direct though) so we could see a little of the city and visit family. A couple of weeks later I went to put our flight info on the Carnival site and saw they had changed it again! No notice on this one either. Again they put us on an overnight flight. Changed it again but we ended up with a flight that got into Miami too late to do anything more than go across the street from the hotel to grab something at the supermarket and get something to eat across from the hotel.

Everytime I called I asked them to email me a confirmation. This never happened, even when I talked to a supervisor (who assured me he would personally send it to me). I will never fly American again.

I think it's funny that if the customer wants to change their flight time it's a $200 charge plus the difference, but the airlines can do as they please.

if an airlines changes your flight-- you can make a change for no fees if that one the one they gave you is not acceptable.

I agree though if we have to pay to make changes the airline should at least notify me to give me fair chance of making necessary changes

Was doing my online check in today and see that all my flights have changed times.

Thats 2 cruises-- 4 flights and not one notification.

Had the same thing happen to me. I am booked on USAir and had a nonstop flight from PHL to FLL.

I went to the USAir page about a month ago and found they changed me to a connecting flight in Charlotte. NO notice given.

When I called they did let me change to a different flight that day but there were no more direct flights but got better times.

Bill

I flew American from Denver to Miami in Oct. It was the first time in years since SW has really good times/rates (they do not fly into Miami which is why w flew AA). Last time we flew AA they had us (DD who was 2 at the time and I) sitting on the runway for 3 hours!

This time I booked a great time/price, direct flight. was super happy. Went to check on it a couple of weeks later and they had changed our flight with no notification. They put us on an overnight flight with a 4 hour layover - WTH? I had to call and change it. They cancelled all the direct flights.

I found a connecting flight that would get us to Miami pretty early (not as good as the direct though) so we could see a little of the city and visit family. A couple of weeks later I went to put our flight info on the Carnival site and saw they had changed it again! No notice on this one either. Again they put us on an overnight flight. Changed it again but we ended up with a flight that got into Miami too late to do anything more than go across the street from the hotel to grab something at the supermarket and get something to eat across from the hotel.

Everytime I called I asked them to email me a confirmation. This never happened, even when I talked to a supervisor (who assured me he would personally send it to me). I will never fly American again.

In the future if your cruise is leaving from MIami you can still book Southwest to Fort Lauderdale as it is a hop, skip, and a jump to Miami from Fort lauderdale and is usually cheaper to fly to Fort lauderdale.

Bill

I will never fly American again.

I didn't have the best experience with American either. I booked a three-hour layover in Miami because we had to go through customs. They changed the flights, cutting our layover time to just under two hours. Then, our flight was inexplicably late, very late. In fact, three out of four flights were late that trip. We made it through customs and on the plane (the only flight that didn't leave late) by cutting ahead in the security line and running barefoot.

Spirit notified me immediately by email when my direct flight changed by less than a half hour. There are pros and cons to Spirit -- you need to know the luggage rules before you book -- but I appreciated the notice.

I didn't have the best experience with American either. I booked a three-hour layover in Miami because we had to go through customs. They changed the flights, cutting our layover time to just under two hours. Then, our flight was inexplicably late, very late. In fact, three out of four flights were late that trip. We made it through customs and on the plane (the only flight that didn't leave late) by cutting ahead in the security line and running barefoot.

Spirit notified me immediately by email when my direct flight changed by less than a half hour. There are pros and cons to Spirit -- you need to know the luggage rules before you book -- but I appreciated the notice.

we've had good luck with Delta as well. United changed a flight on us that I wasn't aware until I checked. Then I called them and after a 30 minute call, got it changed to a flight that I was comfortable with. But Delta has always been good with notifying us.

I've been lucky with all my flights being on time, but every flight I have booked has changed times before the trip. Once I went from a 4PM flight to a 9:30 AM, when I called to complain about it, they said that was the only flight they could do, I pressed the issue and then they got me a flight on one of their codeshare partners, Exactly the same flight times with a different city for the layover.

Interesting. I just got an email the other day from US Airways that my January flight to SJU is now departing at 9:40 AM instead of 9:50 AM. I even had to click that I accepted the change.

Edited by YorN

In the future if your cruise is leaving from MIami you can still book Southwest to Fort Lauderdale as it is a hop, skip, and a jump to Miami from Fort lauderdale and is usually cheaper to fly to Fort lauderdale.

Bill

We flew home SW from FLL. I had booked the original flight to MIA because the time and the price (cheaper than even from FLL) were great for our plans. Next time I will just make do with whatever SW has available - love SW :D

Was doing my online check in today and see that all my flights have changed times.

Thats 2 cruises-- 4 flights and not one notification.

We usually fly Jet Blue and have always got an email from them when the time changed by even 5 minutes. We flew AA home from FLL on Sunday and our flight time had been changed by 75 minutes and even had a different number. I am glad I looked at the documents online just before we left home for the cruise. We said something at check-in and they said notices don't always get sent. it is our responsibility to check. REALLY? (We were on a repo so our flight to San Juan to begin the cruise was on Jet Blue.)

Edited by kteachcruiser52

if an airlines changes your flight-- you can make a change for no fees if that one the one they gave you is not acceptable.

I agree though if we have to pay to make changes the airline should at least notify me to give me fair chance of making necessary changes

I've been lucky with all my flights being on time, but every flight I have booked has changed times before the trip. Once I went from a 4PM flight to a 9:30 AM, when I called to complain about it, they said that was the only flight they could do, I pressed the issue and then they got me a flight on one of their codeshare partners, Exactly the same flight times with a different city for the layover.

It's always a great reminder not to leave it to luck.... At best, airlines are too inconsistant, in notifications. Like most things, it's better to stay on top of things personally...than relying on others with no stake in MY vac planning.

Edited by manmtnmike

So glad this was posted. After finding my outgoing flight time changed I just checked my return flight (on a different airline) and lo and behold, that time changed to an earlier departure also. No notification from either provider. Thanks Serene for the great reminder.