Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina

You can go to the Bimini Boatyard for dinner. It's right next door. If you're up to walking more, there are plenty of restaurants within less than a mile. Total Wine is where we always go to buy a few bottles for our cruise. It's also walking distance.

In the morning, our tradition is to walk to the top of the bridge to see the cruise ships in port.

Royal:

Hopefully the OP doesn't mind me jumping in here with my own question.

I am trying to find a hotel close to the beach for 1/26 -1/30 for a short vacation with my parents. Obviously, the beach hotels are pretty high in January, so I'm looking at other options.

Do you think I'd be okay for 4 nights here without a car? I am very familiar with the area, but have never stayed at the Hilton Marina. How nice is the pool area? Really we are looking to just chill at the pool and beach for 4 nights. Decent food at the pool?

Royal:

Hopefully the OP doesn't mind me jumping in here with my own question.

I am trying to find a hotel close to the beach for 1/26 -1/30 for a short vacation with my parents. Obviously, the beach hotels are pretty high in January, so I'm looking at other options.

Do you think I'd be okay for 4 nights here without a car? I am very familiar with the area, but have never stayed at the Hilton Marina. How nice is the pool area? Really we are looking to just chill at the pool and beach for 4 nights. Decent food at the pool?

Yes, you can absolutely spend five nights here without a car, the pool is nice, you can always jump on the water taxi to head to Las Olas or other areas.

Thankfully we have booked a tower room for our stay so no problems with that. I did get a bit nervous about our booking after reading trip advisor and was just about to cancel .But I have another question .

Can you tell me is there a water taxi nearby ?

Thanks

Scotslizzy

Thankfully we have booked a tower room for our stay so no problems with that. I did get a bit nervous about our booking after reading trip advisor and was just about to cancel .But I have another question .

Thanks

Scotslizzy

Same here, and we booked a tower room also :)

Sorry, I can't answer your question...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks

Scotslizzy

Yes. It is right around the corner.

We did the water taxi this feb and enjoyed the novel way of getting around. No def plan as yet but I like to have the option of using this.

Scotslizzy

Does the water taxi run all day? And when do the shuttles to the beach stop?

I thought it was free for the Hilton Marina guests...

No. Not sure where you heard that. Rates are on the website.

There also is the sun trolley which has a website with routes to different areas. That runs around a dollar a ride.

Suntrolley.com

Edited by eandj