Any live update Mariner Miami-LA Nov 3?

JMARINER

I started a thread a few days ago that went missing??

Anyone on board now please post, or email me below the Captain, GM, F&B Cruise Director, Head Chef and Maitre'd names.

Thanks,

j

OK - I will give it another go, but not sure for how long.

Master Captain Felice Patruno

Staff Captain Yasen Sergeev

GM Massimo Arzani

F&B director Carlos Salvador

Cruise director Lorraine Weimerskirch

Executive chef Aurelien Dumeylet

Restaurant Manager Douglas Mackenzie

gnomie :)

OK - I will give it another go, but not sure for how long.

Master Captain Felice Patruno

Staff Captain Yasen Sergeev

GM Massimo Arzani

F&B director Carlos Salvador

Cruise director Lorraine Weimerskirch

Executive chef Aurelien Dumeylet

Restaurant Manager Douglas Mackenzie

Thank you for the information.

Another Question: Now that you have been on board for 10 days, how are you finding the service, particularly regarding the food services? If there is anyone else on board who would like to add their comments, please feel free to do so. I so much appreciate all you opinions. ;) ;)

j

The previous thread is now gone so I cannot go back and see where I left off. One week away from work and I am so totally in vacation mode - please excuse me if I should repeat something that I have already reported on. Also, I am reporting on either our experience or my opinion - YMMV. I hope that this thread will stay on focus.

First of all, it is quite obvious that either corporate or management must be following the previous thread because many of the problems that I reported on previously have now either been corrected or improved, esp with regard to service on the pool deck. Not sure where they were hiding before, but now there are plenty of servers (at least when we have been up there). We also try to go during non-busy hours.

Talking about non-busy hours, the secret must be out regarding eating early. The other night we were down at CR at 6:35pm and ALL the window tables were gone and we were really surprised how busy the place was. It seems that many people on the cruise are eating earlier than later.

I am not sure if this is new or not. Instead of Sette Mari, for three nights we have had "French Brasserie at La Veranda". There was really no announcement of this, the way we learned about it was when we turned n the television to see the menu for the evening, it showed CR, Signatures and Prime 7, but nothing for Sette Mari. We thought maybe it was closed for a private event (there seems to be some groups on this ship), but I checked out Passages as saw dinner listed as French Brasserie. We went there for dinner two nights ago - some of the menu items are the same as Signatures, but others are different. Shortly after we were seated, the captain sat a few tables away so we thought the service would be fantastic. The food was excellent, however it appears that the staff was so busy attending to the captain that the remaining tables suffered. At our table, three of us had meat and one had fish. There was no "changing of the knives", so those of us with meat were unable to cut our meat. It took a while to get the attention and we asked for meat knives. The server brought one knife, we asked for two more. It took two more requests to get the proper knives. Water refills we also problematic. However, that is nothing compared to the table next to ours. We did notice that they were continually trying to get the attention of someone and then there was some conversation. When the maitre d approached the table, we learned what the problem was - three of the passengers had received and eaten their dinner, while one was still waiting for his entree. That being said, we really enjoyed the French Brasserie and like it much better than Sette Mari and hope it is available again on this cruise and in the future.

I have not mentioned much about the refurbishment. Overall, it is quite lovely. I am not keen on the artwork on the walls, but as they say, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. My one major complaint, esp in the Mariner lounge and in the computer room, the chairs are much too low. I have no idea who selected the chairs in the Mariner lounge but they are extremely uncomfortable. In the computer room, I feel like a child at the adult table, I am reaching up to use the keyboard. Many have joked that the chairs are uncomfortable so one does not spend a great deal of time in the computer room which can be very crowded, esp in the morning when there is no touring. Now that so many passengers are provided with some level of internet access, many people are either in the computer room or any of the adjacent areas to get the best signal. I am happy to report that I am able to get a decent signal from our suite, which is a huge improvement from our previous cruise.

It is the little touches that differentiate Regent from other cruise lines. When we returned from our excursion the other day, it was quite hot and it was such a nice gesture to return to the ship and have cold wash clothes waiting for us. In addition, since we missed lunch and it was after 4:00pm by the time we returned, there were sandwiches waiting for us in our suite.

From the crew members I have spoken to, they seem to be quite excited to hopefully go on shore during our San Diego stop. They will be unable to do so in Los Angeles since that is the end of one cruise and the start of another. Many of my friends refer to me as the "shopping sherpa" and I have been trying to help them out by printing out maps, discount coupons and finding places to shop - the top requests seem to be gifts for children and their mothers. Hopefully it will be a nice holiday season for many of the crew, even if they all can't get to be home with their families.

Totally agree with you about the chairs in the Mariner lounge. I am very fit, but had a small challenge getting out of them. My husband, a big guy, was really in trouble. I can't imagine who thought they were a good idea, especially considering the age demographic, but they are very similar to the ones in one of the lounges on Oceania Marina. An elderly or slightly intoxicated person would probably just be stuck.

Things have settled into a nice rhythm for my husband and I. Service has improved a lot after the first couple of days and there are many smiling faces among crew and passengers...of course, not all, but most. Pool deck service is greatly improved and when we go to dinner we go with flow and have a nice dinner. Being from Texas, I was waiting for my TexMex lunch buffet and it was today....not like home but tasted great. Of course, I added Tabasco and jalapeños for more of a kick. So anyway...all is very good for us after a rocky start.

I'm glad the other thread disappeared. It had gotten way off track from the request of wanting on board reports. That is my opinion anyway.

Back to my cruise now🌞😊.

First of all, it is quite obvious that either corporate or management must be following the previous thread because many of the problems that I reported on previously have now either been corrected or improved, esp with regard to service on the pool deck. Not sure where they were hiding before, but now there are plenty of servers (at least when we have been up there). We also try to go during non-busy hours.

It is the little touches that differentiate Regent from other cruise lines. When we returned from our excursion the other day, it was quite hot and it was such a nice gesture to return to the ship and have cold wash clothes waiting for us. In addition, since we missed lunch and it was after 4:00pm by the time we returned, there were sandwiches waiting for us in our suite.

From the crew members I have spoken to, they seem to be quite excited to hopefully go on shore during our San Diego stop. They will be unable to do so in Los Angeles since that is the end of one cruise and the start of another. Many of my friends refer to me as the "shopping sherpa" and I have been trying to help them out by printing out maps, discount coupons and finding places to shop - the top requests seem to be gifts for children and their mothers. Hopefully it will be a nice holiday season for many of the crew, even if they all can't get to be home with their families.

Going to focus on the positive, Gnomie, I'm highlighting the plus parts of your long post, as it seems to be getting a bit better. I do read everything, all the rest you write, thoroughly. Has the balance tipped since you got on? What I want to know, will you cruise Regent again?

I am so glad you are helping the crew with discount shopping coupons, etc! I just know they appreciate it very much! So nice of you.

Edited by jhp