Onion Soup

Jaxom37

I don't think you could serve French Onion Soup in the Oceanview. They would have to dedicate specific preparers like they havein the pasta area or eggs to order area. Otherwise the bread would get too soggy or the cheese may not melt correctly.

Anyway, that with escargots are my favorite in the MDR :)

Edited by Banjo

OOOOOHHHH... Celebrity French Onion Soup! Next cruise that's all I plan on eating...sooooo good lol :D:p

After tasting it we bought the Celebrity cook book. My DW and son have made it a couple of times at home. Great Soup! (but a real pain in the buns to make - I overheard the chiefs' conversations from our kitchen:eek:.)

After tasting it we bought the Celebrity cook book. My DW and son have made it a couple of times at home. Great Soup! (but a real pain in the buns to make - I overheard the chiefs' conversations from our kitchen:eek:.)

I would so love that recipe!! Didn't think of checking out the onboard cookbook [emoji20]. But yes bet it takes quite a bit of effort to get that each depth of flavour in the stock.

I didn't see it on offer in Bistro on 5 (on Solstice) but will look out for it on our next cruise on March!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by QE2_Fan

Bistro on Five has the most terrific onion soup.

I've never had onion soup in Bistro, Tuscan grill and the MDR yes but not Bistro. Since you've just sailed on Summit perhaps you had it as part of the new Summit only bistro menu that's sadly not fleet wide yet :(

I would so love that recipe!! Didn't think of checking out the onboard cookbook [emoji20]. But yes bet it takes quite a bit of effort to get that each depth of flavour in the stock.

I didn't see it on offer in Bistro on 5 (on Solstice) but will look out for it on our next cruise on March!!

I'd love to post it for you but I'm sure there is a copyright on it. But....;)

In Google you may find the answer you seek.;)

I'd love to post it for you but I'm sure there is a copyright on it. But....;)

In Google you may find the answer you seek.;)

Lol, I understand...thanks for at least the thought!!

I have tried my friend Google but he hasn't given up the Celebrity recipe, (hope I haven't been blind and missed it!) seen something close though. I hope to try and make it now at least once before we are back onboard in March ( and I can check out the recipe book!!).

Cheers!

The onion soup on Celebrity is excellent, however it is a poor second to the attached recipe by Trish Desiene, (Irish cook, based in Paris)

http://www.rte.ie/lifestyle/food/recipes/2011/1003/1643-french-onion-soup/

This is truly a meal by itself.

As a cooks tip, you can add more liquid and add browning or colouring if you don't get the caramel effect when cooking the onions

Lol, I understand...thanks for at least the thought!!

I have tried my friend Google but he hasn't given up the Celebrity recipe, (hope I haven't been blind and missed it!) seen something close though. I hope to try and make it now at least once before we are back onboard in March ( and I can check out the recipe book!!).

Cheers!

My friend Google had this one right at the top of Page 1. ;)

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/blog/make-your-own-creamy-onion-leek-soup/

My friend Google had this one right at the top of Page 1. ;)

http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/blog/make-your-own-creamy-onion-leek-soup/

Thanks for posting. Very similar to the one I posted earlier from Trish Desiene, only differences I can see is white wine for red, leeks and added cream.

The garish also has Mozzarella cheese.