Cunard Queens Grill....

bunkrest

I hope you don't mind if i add a few QG questions to this thread?

* Whats the go with the complimentary bar set up in the suite, how is it organised & whats included?

* What does the butler do above and beyond the service or a normal steward?

* Is room service/breakfast (for example) delivered to the suite by your butler? and do they set the table properly when they deliver it?

* Can you take afternoon tea in your suite, served by the butler? (as the cunard promo photos depict)

* What time do the canapés get delivered? do you have to ask for them?

* Do the butlers really un pack your bags?

I know, random questions, but just wondering :) thanks!

Edited by melb1988

I hope you don't mind if i add a few QG questions to this thread?

* Whats the go with the complimentary bar set up in the suite, how is it organised & whats included?

The fridge has some beer soft drinks and mixers, replenished daily. Plus two bottles of spirits chosen from a list.

* What does the butler do above and beyond the service or a normal steward?

Anything to do with food and drink. The dusting and attending to fruitbowl, menus, clearing up, replacing glassware etc

* Is room service/breakfast (for example) delivered to the suite by your butler? and do they set the table properly when they deliver it?

Yes and yes.

* Can you take afternoon tea in your suite, served by the butler? (as the cunard promo photos depict)

Yes.

* What time do the canapés get delivered? do you have to ask for them?

The appear between 5-6pm as if by magic. We always decline them and ask for assorted nuts instead.

* Do the butlers really un pack your bags?

They have never offered to do this, and we have never asked.

I know, random questions, but just wondering :) thanks!

Hope the above helps.

There's a little button on the phone that says "butler" if you press it he/she will either call you back or answer straight away,you can ask for hot canapés instead of the cold ones hot are nicer, also the butler will take away the iPad and deliver it the next morning with your chosen newspapers...I have ordered coffee during the day just by calling room service and to my surprise Arnold the butler delivered it..

What's the go with the mini bar in QG suites? Is it complementary? I feel as if I've read conflicting statements here and there

Cheers :)

Yes - unless that has changed recently. The mini-bar contains water, pop and beer. Anything used will be replaced. The butler will present you with a list of spirits and house wine from which to choose two. In my experience they were litre bottles. Some have mentioned that on some very short voyages only one bottle is offered. It is possible to order something that is not on the list. There could be a charge for this. Some people on this foum have said there was a charge and others said there wasn't, so it appears to depend on what is ordered. I would expect a single-malt scotch to have a surcharge.

I have been told the bottle(s) will be replaced, complimentary, when finished, but as I have only been on Atlantic crossings in QG we have never finished them.

Yes - unless that has changed recently. The mini-bar contains water, pop and beer. Anything used will be replaced. The butler will present you with a list of spirits and house wine from which to choose two. In my experience they were litre bottles. Some have mentioned that on some very short voyages only one bottle is offered. It is possible to order something that is not on the list. There could be a charge for this. Some people on this foum have said there was a charge and others said there wasn't, so it appears to depend on what is ordered. I would expect a single-malt scotch to have a surcharge.

I have been told the bottle(s) will be replaced, complimentary, when finished, but as I have only been on Atlantic crossings in QG we have never finished them.

Thanks for the reply! So all the soda/beer is free and replienished but the bottles of spirits 'may be replenished' that's ok as I don't think we'll go through both spirits anyway but we will certainly go through the soda and beer :)

We were on QM2 in December in a Q5 suite (great space!). We ordered a bottle of gin and a bottle of white wine but never finished them through the week so can't speak to them being replenished. However, anything we took from the fridge, including sodas and waters, were immediately replaced. Our butler saw that we were drinking a lot of still, but no sparkling, water, so he brought us 6 bottles on one day, and kept that quantity always available for the rest of the voyage.

As for the canapes, they were a nice touch, but seemed a bit odd, timing wise. We were usually out and about when they were delivered (between 5 and 6 PM) and would find them on our return. The cold ones were ok, but the hot ones (actually decent veggie spring rolls) were often luke warm at best. We'd nibble them as we dressed for dinner, but only because they were there, not out of any sense of hunger. (Who could really be hungry after both a large lunch in the Queens Grill and then a late afternoon tea in the Grills Lounge?)

Finally, someone on these boards recommended that we order "fresh" orange juice for morning room service and we did, daily. It had to be the best orange juice I've ever had. Fresh to the point that I think our butler was squeezing the oranges in the hallway outside our room! Even though we only had coffee and juice in the room as we were getting ready for the morning, the table was laid with a table cloth and there was always a bud vase with a flower.

If you really like orange juice, you can get a pitcher of it for your bar, too. Just make sure to stress FRESH.

Enjoy your trip!

We were on QM2 in December in a Q5 suite (great space!). We ordered a bottle of gin and a bottle of white wine but never finished them through the week so can't speak to them being replenished. However, anything we took from the fridge, including sodas and waters, were immediately replaced. Our butler saw that we were drinking a lot of still, but no sparkling, water, so he brought us 6 bottles on one day, and kept that quantity always available for the rest of the voyage.

As for the canapes, they were a nice touch, but seemed a bit odd, timing wise. We were usually out and about when they were delivered (between 5 and 6 PM) and would find them on our return. The cold ones were ok, but the hot ones (actually decent veggie spring rolls) were often luke warm at best. We'd nibble them as we dressed for dinner, but only because they were there, not out of any sense of hunger. (Who could really be hungry after both a large lunch in the Queens Grill and then a late afternoon tea in the Grills Lounge?)

Finally, someone on these boards recommended that we order "fresh" orange juice for morning room service and we did, daily. It had to be the best orange juice I've ever had. Fresh to the point that I think our butler was squeezing the oranges in the hallway outside our room! Even though we only had coffee and juice in the room as we were getting ready for the morning, the table was laid with a table cloth and there was always a bud vase with a flower.

If you really like orange juice, you can get a pitcher of it for your bar, too. Just make sure to stress FRESH.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the info and advice :)