luggage allowances on charter flights

caber

Can anyone tell me what the luggage allowance is on a Thomson`s flight to Barbados?

Trust me in this one.

If flying on a Thomson Dreamliner either pay for Premium (extra luggage allowance) or switch to a scheduled flights with/without Premium upgrades.

When we left Ventura recently, the fairies magically transferred our bags to the plane without our help. I doubt they weighed each one. Our "5kg" hand baggage was also totally ignored at Barbados airport.

Edited by jaceyar

When we left Ventura recently, the fairies magically transferred our bags to the plane without our help. I doubt they weighed each one. Our "5kg" hand baggage was also totally ignored at Barbados airport.

The OP woul be interested in What was you weight allowances on the outward flight and how much did you exceed it by?

The OP woul be interested in What was you weight allowances on the outward flight and how much did you exceed it by?

It was 23kg both ways, unlimited hand baggage with BA on outward and 5kg return with TC. Don't think we exceeded on outward although BA didn't seem to have the weight thing turned on. On return we kept to the limit with our cases by overstuffing our hand baggage - mine was probably about 3kg over. 23kg is a pretty fair allowance but others on the ship said that they only had 20kg.

Hi Caber

Having now flown to Barbados from Glasgow/Edinburgh on numerous Thomson flights the hold luggage allowance is 23kg and the cabin luggage is 5kg, on the return flight your luggage is removed from you on the ship and the next time you see it is in the baggage claim at your home airport. With regard to your cabin luggage on the outbound flight they sometimes weigh it sometimes they don't . We have always managed to take everything we need for the two weeks within our allowance including my formal highland wear.

Are you by any chance on the 27/02/15 Glasgow flight.

When I booked a couple of weeks back I asked my TA to call the flight LK e and was told 20 in economy and 23 for premium economy. I'd imagine if they monitor it, it will be more on the flying out from the UK than back from Barbados.

I would get yourself another TA as they are wrong. For P&O Caribbean charter flights, the allowance is 23kg economy, 28kg premium plus 5kg hand luggage. See P&O website

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/flights/baggage_allowance

Brian

Luggage: Maximum weight 23kg. Hand Luggage: 1 piece, max weight 5kg, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm

that's what it says on the tickets, we are in cattle class - 5th December cannot come quick enough for me cases are coming out this weekend!!!!! Our 3rd Caribbean cruise

Thanks everyone.

Sanjam cruisers - I am on 30th January Glasgow flight to Barbados.

PORT ROYAL - What was the problem with the Thomsons Dreamliner? Forewarned is forearmed.

I dont think there is any problem with it, but you have to bear in mind what I have said over and over again on this forum, if you are travelling on the 787 in economy, it is a regular, cramped economy experience and nothing magical which some of the marketing material might have you believe.

Thanks everyone.

Sanjam cruisers - I am on 30th January Glasgow flight to Barbados.

PORT ROYAL - What was the problem with the Thomsons Dreamliner? Forewarned is forearmed.

In coach, One has more legroom, but reduced seat width but not comfortable for a long flight. With two average adults side/side it becomes cramped. This caused noisy disputes. Also the food/drink is poor.

But the aircraft vibration is noticeable, the nearer to the wing one is, the greater vibration. Lastly the hubbub from coach passengers appears louder than on a scheduled flight, even with noise cancelling headphones.

All in all, a rather poor flight experience.

In Dreamliner premium the seats are much wider (no shoulder disputes) more comfortable, with ample legroom for the taller/wider flyer.. Also the food and drinks are much, much better. The ambience is very quiet, with more attentive service. Pay the upgrade as you also get an increased weight for checked and hand luggage.

A much better flying experience

:D

I worked that one out.:)

I wonder how much they would charge to upgrade?

Failing that I will just have to be one of the cattle.:eek:

We've paid £149 each way, so £298 each return. Compared to VA or BA that is incredibly cheap. As to whether it's good value or not, I'll find out in 20 days time :cool:

Devonian Cruiser please let us know your thoughts when you return. We have upgraded to premium for our fly cruise in March. We have been informed that it should be the Dreamliner.

Hi Kersh

We have upgraded on many charter flights across the Atlantic, and it is always worth it. Anybody who pays to upgrade on scheduled flights will know that upgraded charters are a bargain in comparison. Whilst we haven't experienced the Dreamliner yet (will do on Boxing Day!) I will be happy if it is the same as previous experiences. If it's better, then it's a win-win.

Hi Kersh

We have upgraded on many charter flights across the Atlantic, and it is always worth it. Anybody who pays to upgrade on scheduled flights will know that upgraded charters are a bargain in comparison. Whilst we haven't experienced the Dreamliner yet (will do on Boxing Day!) I will be happy if it is the same as previous experiences. If it's better, then it's a win-win.

Dont forget on BA (and I think Virgin have something similar) you can upgrade to World Traveller Plus which I am guessing is similar to premium economy on charter and Ive seen that for uder £200 a leg.