Cabin assigned below LIDO restaurant

epc3099

Booked a Balcony GTY and just got the cabin assigned. It is VA8114 in the NA, which is right below the restaurant. Would like to know what is the noise level coming from above. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Booked a Balcony GTY and just got the cabin assigned. It is VA8114 in the NA, which is right below the restaurant. Would like to know what is the noise level coming from above. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

The area over the cabins is carpeted and never really heard any reports of noise being any kind of prolem in that area.

We are still waiting on our cabin assignment for our cruise on Dec. 8 on the Zuiderdam. When is your cruise date? I am just trying to get an idea of when we may receive our cabin assignment. (Hopefully a great upgrade!)

We loved our N.A. deck 8 verandah cabin too, as the Lido overhang gave more shade on the balcony than you usually get. Also the balcony is 7 ft deep compared to 6 on most verandahs. We had no significant noise overhead.

Edited by jtl513

We are still waiting on our cabin assignment for our cruise on Dec. 8 on the Zuiderdam. When is your cruise date? I am just trying to get an idea of when we may receive our cabin assignment. (Hopefully a great upgrade!)

We got the cabin assigned today and sail on November 23. So, roughly a week prior.

It's doubtful you will have any issues at all. If you are a light sleeper and easily awakened a rule of thumb is avoid a cabin underneath a public space or near an elevator lobby. I have had to actually pay attention to hear any noise from above in my deck 8 cabins. I often book GTY cabins and get great values without issues, but I am not a light sleeper.

avoid under the kitchen on the ships that have rooms there. Busy all night

I doubt that any of the balcony cabins (like the OP has) are under the kitchen - more like under the dining area. The OP's cabin number appears to be in a good area IMO.

DaveOKC

• 2 weeks later...