Cruise card on B2B

cactusrose

When we were on the Golden last month doing several B2Bs we did not get a new cruise card each leg. Our original card had the date we boarded and final date that we were leaving the ship. We did have the same cabin for all of the cruises so I don't know if this is true if you have to change cabins.

It depends on how its booked. If one booking, same cabin, you will keep the same card. If multiple bookings, you should get a new card in each case (they may be able to adjust that on ship if you ask).

When we were on the Golden last month doing several B2Bs we did not get a new cruise card each leg. Our original card had the date we boarded and final date that we were leaving the ship. We did have the same cabin for all of the cruises so I don't know if this is true if you have to change cabins.

It depends on how its booked. If one booking, same cabin, you will keep the same card. If multiple bookings, you should get a new card in each case (they may be able to adjust that on ship if you ask).

Good point! We have three different confirmation numbers to get credit for three cruises. I guess we will be getting our exercise walking off and on the ship!

We were on the Caribbean Princess in September. First I booked a 7 day and then later I booked the 9 day (actually a 5 and 4). We had 1 card for the 7 day and then another for the 9 day. Really surprised me when I saw the full 9 day dates on the card but our letter for turn around said we would not be issued a new card, so I guess that how they do it now. We had to get off the ship each time we returned to FLL, regardless of the card.

In our cruise count for the Captains Circle our 9 day was credited as 1 cruise but 2 credits. The captain circle hostess said that's all automatic now, you don't have to have your count manually updated.

Edited by more cruises

Just did a B2B. We booked as two separate cruises with two booking numbers. As was explained to us, if you are staying in the same cabin you use the same card. You do need to get off the ship for the zero count as someone else explained. We did choose to get a new card for my DH since he became Elite after the first let.

On a recent cruise we met a couple who had a B2B2B in the same cabin. Booked as three cruises, but linked together. A trans-Atlantic, a 5 day Caribbean and a 7 day Caribbean. One cruise card for the entire cruise.

Turnaround day between the two Caribbean cruises was Houston. They were told that they did not have to go through immigration that day.

Ours were bookeed as 2 cruises but we had only 1 card on Caribbean Princess.

Not correct, at least in our cases. We booked the Baltic & the T.A. as two separate booking nos. but received only one cruise card for the entire trip. In the past we always received new cruise cards on b2b's no matter if we booked as a single cruise or as separate cruises. On all b2b's we have taken we have been in the same cabin. This winter we are booked b2b2b out of US ports so we will see how many cruise cards we get.

I hope this holds for us too. We are on a B2B2B in January with the same cabin on all three short cruises. It would be so much easier to not have to keep disembarking after the first two cruises.

Regardless of how many cards you get...any time you return to a US port you have to disembark the ship for it to be zero'ed out before the new boarding will start ;)

We had six different booking numbers and used the same card for all of them. This seems to be something new that Princess is doing. It saves confusion and probably a few dollars.