Wine Bottle Protectors - RCCL

Does anyone know where I could buy wine bottle protectors that RCCL approves of using? Basically something that will protect my wine bottle while it is being transported in my either carry on or suitcase that the porters take, that will keep it from bursting if to much pressure is on it?

RCCL does not require anything special.

There are various wine packaging products sold in most any wine store or on line. Any wine in a checked suitcase should be well padded in packaging sold for that purpose.

Some ports (Port Canaveral) ask you to remove any wine from the suitcase and carry it on.

If you are bringing a bottle (or 2) in a carry on, nothing special is needed. We place one in each carry on tote with no issue. We sometimes use a neoprene type wine bag in the carry on tote. We have placed wine in a checked bag, but generally prefer to carry it on.

M

Does anyone know where I could buy wine bottle protectors that RCCL approves of using? Basically something that will protect my wine bottle while it is being transported in my either carry on or suitcase that the porters take, that will keep it from bursting if to much pressure is on it?

You can get something called a "wine diaper" - protects your wine bottle and in case of breakage, will soak up the liquid. Check Amazon.

Something I always travel with is a water proof dry bag, put wine in bag with protection (bubble wrap is cheap and works well) then seal the bag, and even if your wine bottle breaks you have dry suitcase. They sell these at outdoor stores, like REI, Sierra Trading Post, Cabellas, Bass Pro Shops, and many other smaller local shops. The bag protects your stuff while travelling then makes a great throw bag to take the beach or anywhere else during the trip.

jc

You can get something called a "wine diaper" - protects your wine bottle and in case of breakage, will soak up the liquid. Check Amazon.

I use Wine Diapers as well, although they seem to have recently changed the name to "Jet Bag".

You can only take wine as a "Carry on" .... Can not be packed in a suitcase & given to the porters.... You can try, but you will more than likely end up in the "naughty room."

We carry ours in seperate carry on bags so they don't clank together & break. No wrapping needed. They have to be inspected & they check to see if it has been opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by SRV FAN

You can only take wine as a "Carry on" .... Can not be packed in a suitcase & given to the porters.... You can try, but you will more than likely end up in the "naughty room."

We carry ours in seperate carry on bags so they don't clank together & break. No wrapping needed. They have to be inspected & they check to see if it has been opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This isn't necessarily the case. We just got off the Jewel of the Seas and we brought our allowed two bottles of wine onto the ship on this piece of checked luggage, a special wine suitcase and we had no problem at all bringing it on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052TZZI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I called RCCL and asked them how we should bring the wine on board since we are allowed two bottles they said you can bring it on board anyway you want as long as it was only two bottles per cabin. We boarded in San Juan and flew in from Chicago so since we are not allowed to carry wine or any other large amount of liquids in our carry on when it's not purchased from a duty free shop you have no choice but to transport it in your checked luggage. RCCL never said anything to us about only bringing in on board in a carry on luggage.

Royal has no such requirement other than to properly protect them from leaking if broken.

any wine shop will have either the neoprene sleeves or the bubblewrap bottle protectors

Look for a VinniBag on amazon. It is an inflatable bag that if the bottle happens to break you can strain the liquid out and still save it. The bag collapses flat when not in use. I have used on many occasions (both flying and cruising) for liquor/wine and other breakable items such as glasses and have never had anything break.

This isn't necessarily the case. We just got off the Jewel of the Seas and we brought our allowed two bottles of wine onto the ship on this piece of checked luggage, a special wine suitcase and we had no problem at all bringing it on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0052TZZI6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

When I called RCCL and asked them how we should bring the wine on board since we are allowed two bottles they said you can bring it on board anyway you want as long as it was only two bottles per cabin. We boarded in San Juan and flew in from Chicago so since we are not allowed to carry wine or any other large amount of liquids in our carry on when it's not purchased from a duty free shop you have no choice but to transport it in your checked luggage. RCCL never said anything to us about only bringing in on board in a carry on luggage.

Of course you can bring the two bottles onboard. They meant *carry* it onboard. They don't mean that you should check it.

When you transport wine by plane and then by cruiseship, you are supposed to get the luggage containing the wine from the carousel and then put it into your carryon.

Try the Container Store if you have one near you. I saw bubble wrap wine bottle sleeves there last week for $2.99. They also have a "Jet Bag" for wine bottles or other liquids that zip locks at the top and can absorb 750ml of liquid. I don't remember exactly how much it was when I bought one last year but it wasn't more than a few dollars. It's a sturdy bag and worked great.

Of course you can bring the two bottles onboard. They meant *carry* it onboard. They don't mean that you should check it.

When you transport wine by plane and then by cruiseship, you are supposed to get the luggage containing the wine from the carousel and then put it into your carryon.

Where have you heard or seen this? Although I agree that the wine is likely safer that way, I've never seen any such rule on the RCI website. Being called to the naughty room doesn't mean that they will take the wine away; it's merely an inconvenience if it happens.

Edited by critterchick