Platinum and diamond offers question

S.S.Oceanlover

I was just checking my vifp offers and i see an offer for platinum and diamond members. It says offers starting at $25 and it says click to view offer.

When i click it , it says page not found.

Anybody have this offer with a valid link?

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

I was just checking my vifp offers and i see an offer for platinum and diamond members. It says offers starting at $25 and it says click to view offer.

When i click it , it says page not found.

Anybody have this offer with a valid link?

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

Hi, Bill. This Diamond/Platinum offer came out Monday morning and it is for 2 specific west coast cruises on Imagination on 12/18 and 1/29 using offer code OWE. Since the offer is tied to your VIFP number, someone else's link might not be helpful. The offer is for an inside cabin for $25 (plus tax/port charges) and receive a $25 onboard credit, or an oceanview for $35 with a $35 onboard credit. You may book one or both sail dates. Book by date is November 28th.

Carnival's website has been very flaky since Carnival started their 35-hour sale yesterday (they even sent out an email about their website issues yesterday afternoon), so I would just keep trying to get in and see your offer on their website. The website is kind of up and down, so you should be able to get in if you keep trying. Or at least that has been my experience.

Hope that helps you.

Hi, Bill. This Diamond/Platinum offer came out Monday morning and it is for 2 specific west coast cruises on Imagination on 12/18 and 1/29 using offer code OWE. Since the offer is tied to your VIFP number, someone else's link might not be helpful. The offer is for an inside cabin for $25 (plus tax/port charges) and receive a $25 onboard credit, or an oceanview for $35 with a $35 onboard credit. You may book one or both sail dates. Book by date is November 28th.

Carnival's website has been very flaky since Carnival started their 35-hour sale yesterday (they even sent out an email about their website issues yesterday afternoon), so I would just keep trying to get in and see your offer on their website. The website is kind of up and down, so you should be able to get in if you keep trying. Or at least that has been my experience.

Hope that helps you.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I was curious what the offer was since in all the time i have cruised Carnival i have never gotten one of these offers.

Since i live on the east coast this cruise isn't feasible but nice to finally get an offer.

Bill

Do Platinum members get an e-mail about this or do they have to be actively searching for a cruise? I was just wondering, as one of these offers might entice me to cruise during a period when I wouldn't have normally been looking.

AFAIK you have to log into your Carnival account and check your VIFP offer page.

For us flying to the west coast for a free 2 day cruise isn't worth it but at least i know Carnival knows i still exist and maybe we will get something better in the future.:)

Bill

For us flying to the west coast for a free 2 day cruise isn't worth it but at least i know Carnival knows i still exist and maybe we will get something better in the future.:)

A couple of months ago they had D/P specials on the east coast. Since I do not fly, I was unable to take advantage of those cruises (and they were longer cruises :( ). Glad they have given us left coast folks a few specials. Only 2 days, but I was glad to take them up on it. :D

Here's hoping for more specials in the future on BOTH coasts.

Bob

AFAIK you have to log into your Carnival account and check your VIFP offer page.

Bill

They also send you an email. I received one for this offer, the prior Diamond/Platinum offer and phone calls for two other complimentary cruises (only taxes/fees - not cruise fare reimbursement). The emails typically come 48-72 hours after the promotion reaches my VIFP Offers.

Do Platinum members get an e-mail about this or do they have to be actively searching for a cruise? I was just wondering, as one of these offers might entice me to cruise during a period when I wouldn't have normally been looking.

I got an email but unfortunately it's not worth it for us to take them up on their offer. It's on the Imagination and only a 2-day cruise. Not one of my favorite ships. I got a better offer from Atlantis in Reno - free room for 2 nights, and discounts in restaurants. Free drinks at different bars, and free play money. Reno is only a couple of hours away from us, so Reno it is.

Edited by elliair

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I was curious what the offer was since in all the time i have cruised Carnival i have never gotten one of these offers.

Since i live on the east coast this cruise isn't feasible but nice to finally get an offer.

Bill

You're welcome, Bill. I followed someone else's link on here the other day and was able to capture their VIFP number, so I was hesitant to post the link.

I'm like you though. Airfare for me for this offer was around $600 so I just can't justify accepting the offer. Maybe we will get some future offers. :)

The nice thing is the $50 OBC which covers tips and a meal from the steakhouse menu!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F29%2F2015&dest=M&ship=IMMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/29/2015 aboard the Carnival Imagination! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises.

Our PVP called this afternoon to tell us about this special promotion. We never got an email. Booked an oceanview for $35.00 each and got $50.00 OBC. Since we live a 30 minute drive from the port this is a very good deal for us. :D

The nice thing is the $50 OBC which covers tips and a meal from the steakhouse menu!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F29%2F2015&dest=M&ship=IMMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/29/2015 aboard the Carnival Imagination! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises.

not positive but I don't think the imagination has a steakhouse.

Bill

Our PVP called this afternoon to tell us about this special promotion. We never got an email. Booked an oceanview for $35.00 each and got $50.00 OBC. Since we live a 30 minute drive from the port this is a very good deal for us. :D

If you're on the Jan 29 cruise, we'd love for you to join the roll call!

We did get an email on this..

I was so excited to finally see an offer and then totally disappointed when it was for a 2 night cruise leaving from the opposite side of the country.

Humbug... :mad:

Exactly my experience too. It was a humbug for those that don't live on the west coast. Maybe we'll get something for the right coast soon.

Edited by winddawn

East coast gets a bigger variety of prices and destinations than the west coast. Be thankful for what you have

I received an email about it and to check MY OFFERS. I am platinum

Appears to be for only two sailings in the IMAGINATION 12/18 & end of Jan

Im leaving on IMAGINATION 12/7 and unfortunately will already be back home before the 18th, otherwise I would have booked a back-to-back.

Log ON to the carnival site and click your Hi, NAME at the top. This will bring you to your account page.

- Click on CONTACT SETTINGS and make sure you have BOTH boxes checked.

This should allow you to get emails on offers and stuff. :D

Edited by wiskt