Quantum.....Complaint of the day

ChipLondon

That does it. I'm cruising on Quantum in less than two weeks, but reading all of your completely valid complaints, I must cancel at once!!!! :D

Christie, We are hopeful that you reconsider despite these outrageous situations. Waiter no spoon, I certainly hope he was sent home first land! And that spider tassel thing, hey I'm an old geezer thankful I am now aware. You may have saved my life, thank you. But should you go anyway, showing pioneer spirit and all, I certainly hope that you will be prompt with a review on cruise critic. We sail Dec 20 and must know what other perils we will be facing.

Gee just thinking, hope the sugar packets aren't dangerous, those paper cuts really hurt. They should have people to open those professionally!

Tongue in cheek sarcasm should be noted. You just know someone will take me seriously and write me a nasty email :)

Have a GREAT cruise!!!! :)

George in NY

Wow! Wonder if there are any bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo on Quantum? ;) :p

We were on the Oasis last April, and the Allure last week. Loved the Oaais, not the Allure. There was no service in the Windjammer buffet, was totally disorganized. Bananas in a bowl by the ketchup and mayo, not with the other fruit. It was a disaster. I hope they do a better job in their new endeavor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=44515119

Edited by ILuvCruisin'

Christie, We are hopeful that you reconsider despite these outrageous situations. Waiter no spoon, I certainly hope he was sent home first land! And that spider tassel thing, hey I'm an old geezer thankful I am now aware. You may have saved my life, thank you. But should you go anyway, showing pioneer spirit and all, I certainly hope that you will be prompt with a review on cruise critic. We sail Dec 20 and must know what other perils we will be facing.

Gee just thinking, hope the sugar packets aren't dangerous, those paper cuts really hurt. They should have people to open those professionally!

Tongue in cheek sarcasm should be noted. You just know someone will take me seriously and write me a nasty email :)

Have a GREAT cruise!!!! :)

George in NY

Hehehe thanks George! I'll be sure to report back all the ridiculous things I hear from all the negative Nellies! lol :p I'm a bit frustrated at the reservation system (for real!! LOL) but I'm not letting that stop me from having the time of my life, that's for sure!!! :)

I hope that as others sail on this magnificent ship they will add other overheard complaints, hear is today's boarding day Classic.

Quote: Why do they board all passengers on deck 5, my cabin is on deck 12 they should allow me to board there as there are too many people in the lifts.

Can I add one--true, true, true from Wednesday morning 11/19/14 at Breakfast in Devinely Decadent (the healthy food option venue)--A woman was yelling at the crew member in there because she was "Diamond + and had bought a beverage package" and she wanted a cappuccino and regular food for breakfast there. Why wasn't that there!!!! The crew member actually had an omelette made for her and went and got her a cappuccino from some other part of the ship!! While he was gone, she kept complaining to the other crew members that she was going to leave because it was taking too long.

Can I add one--true, true, true from Wednesday morning 11/19/14 at Breakfast in Devinely Decadent (the healthy food option venue)--A woman was yelling at the crew member in there because she was "Diamond + and had bought a beverage package" and she wanted a cappuccino and regular food for breakfast there. Why wasn't that there!!!! The crew member actually had an omelette made for her and went and got her a cappuccino from some other part of the ship!! While he was gone, she kept complaining to the other crew members that she was going to leave because it was taking too long.

Amazing.

Can you confirm that they have continued seating guests for breakfast at DD? I really liked that on the TA sailing.

Well I have a personal story somewhat like this (no yelling, though). The first time my wife and I ate breakfast at JRs on Oasis I asked for some peanut butter (for my pancakes), the waitress said sure, and then she left for what seemed like forever. After 8-10 minutes I complained to my wife about it, finally the waitress comes back with a bowl of peanut butter and apologizes telling me she had to go down to the deck 3 MDR galley to get it. I felt really bad, gave her a nice tip and never asked for peanut butter at JRs again.

I solved the problem in the future by taking some extra peanut butter packs out of the WJ and then taking them with me to JR.

Moral of the story: sometimes people are ridiculous out of ignorance not stupidity. But a lot of people are just crazy.

Truer words were never spoken. And whether it is ignorance, stupidity, or insanity, the result is the same. :)

And then when you put them all together and they participate in 'group think' on cruise ships, the resulting behavior is often amplified.

Yes we were seated for breakfast but then you went to the buffet for food and coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks. Glad they are continuing to do this.

As I dine alone most mornings, those buffet venues are no fun as they are always clearing me out or another guest is taking my table. I really appreciated the touch of having 'my' table for breakfast.

Re The North Star....I wish they had warned me it would go so high before it went up, and why did they not put a bathroom in it.

On Wednesday morning there were only about 10 people in line at 8:30 (It was freezing cold). Northstar was scheduled to start at 9:00. It was so cold, they had to run the system for an hour (empty) to heat up the hydraulic fluid before they would allow anyone to ride. Finally, about 10am they let us on. Talking to the staff member onboard with us, he said there was an emergency toilet in a compartment under the floor along with a long rope in case they needed to evacuate us!!

Re The North Star....I wish they had warned me it would go so high before it went up, and why did they not put a bathroom in it.

On Wednesday morning there were only about 10 people in line at 8:30 (It was freezing cold). Northstar was scheduled to start at 9:00. It was so cold, they had to run the system for an hour (empty) to heat up the hydraulic fluid before they would allow anyone to ride. Finally, about 10am they let us on. Talking to the staff member onboard with us, he said there was an emergency toilet in a compartment under the floor along with a long rope in case they needed to evacuate us!!

LOL, how comforting, on both counts. :D

Talking to the staff member onboard with us, he said there was an emergency toilet in a compartment under the floor along with a long rope in case they needed to evacuate us!!

I assume he was smiling while he told you this!

:D

Having had the pleasure of sailing on this ship for several days, I thought I would highlight some of the comical complaints that I have heard, from my fellow cruisers

Re Silk Restaurant...i did not like it as there was only 3 main course items that appeal to me, and I could not choose between them.

Re Wonderland....The Chairs did not match, why do they have to have different styles of chairs in the same room.

Re Chic....I was really scared and though that a spider was climbing my leg, before I realised it was the tassle from my seat. they should be more careful as someone might have heart attack.

Re Grande.....Why does the food have to be so fancy, I wish these served the food from the Windjammer.

Re The shops on board...It was ridiculous, I coud not buy an Allure the shirt in there.

Re the Concierge Lounge...I do not undertsand why it has to be at the back of the ship, just to give Suite Guests the best view of the Ocean.

Re Bionic Bar...Why does it take so long to get a free drink

Re Windjammer...I do not like it in there as they only serve food, and I hate watching people eat

Others

I did not like my meal as the waiter forgot to give me a spoon with my coffee

They should not allow the weather to enable ice to form on the Pool Deck.

I found the couch to be uncomfortable because the loose cushion was at the other end.

The Guest artist was so popular that I could not get the seat I wanted in the theatre so I had to leave.

The stirring stick for my coffee was too flexible, they must be cutting costs.

The cabin I booked at the front of the ship is to far away when I forget something that I need, so i asked them to move me, and they said no.

I am sure that I will hear many other "comical complaints" and will post those later, but wanted to share these with you.:D

LOL!!!!

Yes, we heard several of these on our cruise! Especially the one about the bionic bar! Yes, the drinks were free, and yes, they still have a few software bugs to resolve, but the drinks were good and strong! Those robots actually put on a good show. We enjoyed every minute of our cruise (except for have to leave when it was over).