OMG! I can't Believe that Cunard are Considering this !!!

oldsilverfox

No, I understand that silver stripes are a disembarkation luggage code for PG without transfer to airport. Luggage to go with the transfer bus seems to be coded purple.

I think the red code around the center marking is what used to be priority on embarkation luggage handling.

Do you mean purple on the outside as ours is red with a purple square in the middle and we are not travelling on a bus of any kind?

We are platinum, britannia inside cabin..our labels are red with a silver stripe through them..our friends are next door to us and have never travelled with Cunard before, I will check to see what colour their labels are!

Should add that we have just returned from a P&o cruise where priority check in was still in force..we didn't use it though as not a high enough tier..no separate labels were given for disembarkation though...

Edited by Midsomer Madness

They would be laughing if they knew how we were trying to decipher their coding. It does look like the silver stripes are for diamond. Anyone else have silver stripes?

They sure laugh.

The organization of disembarkation is a complex task. Many varieties of coding are reqired to schedule the timing and storage overnight and on land. None of them needs to reflect a WC status. This Status is only relevant on embarkation and varies in consequence only little. I know those:

- no status

- priority (Grills, Diamond and Platinum)

- Grills Q3 to Q1

- Passengers needing assitance

and

Artists/Entertainers

Edited by cunardaddict

None of them needs to reflect a WC status. This Status is only relevant on embarkation and varies in consequence only little.

Things must have changed recently then. Diamond disembarkation used to include a dedicated luggage reclaim area right next to the hall exit and away from the ankle breakers of the lower classes.

David.

I've always told my friends who are worried about travelling with cunard because of the tier systems that it is only there if you go looking for it - and that let's be honest - if you've paid £20,000 say for the luxury penthouse suites (I assume Q1) then why shouldn't they have a bit more exclusivity when it comes to their dining. I have only ever travelled Britannia on QM2 and I find some of the posts on here quite elitist - as though Britannia passengers are the scum of the earth! At the end of the day - you get what you pay for - but that doesn't make the people in the grills any better than those in Britannia accommodation IMO. Everything else apart from dining and a small area for sunbathing is all shared by everyone equally. I'd hate to think I was going to be looked down upon by some (not all) grill passengers because shock horror I'm only in Britannia and not even Britannia Club :eek:

Things must have changed recently then. Diamond disembarkation used to include a dedicated luggage reclaim area right next to the hall exit and away from the ankle breakers of the lower classes.

David.

Might still be the case. Doesn't Grills rule out WC? I wouldn't know as I am booked on a transfer and coded for this departure time.

Elaine,

we all respect your contributions to our journeys, especially your rowing:D

I don't think travelling BR on a Cunard ship is anything like a 'don't do that'. The differences are hardly not noticeable when on the ship.

They would be laughing if they knew how we were trying to decipher their coding. It does look like the silver stripes are for diamond. Anyone else have silver stripes?

I'm Diamond, but no silver stripes. We have red outer, purple inner.

Elaine,

we all respect your contributions to our journeys, especially your rowing:D

I don't think travelling BR on a Cunard ship is anything like a 'don't do that'. The differences are hardly not noticeable when on the ship.

Now I know why my husband spends so much time in the gym - he's actually powering the damn ship ;)

In an attempt to further add to the confusion, ours have no border, four solid red boxes with silver stripes, first time sailing Cunard, Q3, Deck 10, with Cunard transfer to airport on disembarkation.

The correct cabin number is shown, so I'm happy.

No, yours has red border with red inside;)!!