OMG! I can't Believe that Cunard are Considering this !!!

oldsilverfox

UPDATED with Adiamo's information

Red w/Silver Stripes: Named Suite (deck 10), Platinum World Club (deck 4)

Red w/Green/White Stripes: Q5 (deck 11)

Red: PG (deck 10)/Platinum

It appears that there's definitely something "important" about RED in that it does indicate some level of priority. The three tags we know of are all RED in some way, and all had been flagged as PRIORITY until recently.

It would be interesting to know some the colors for other tags, particularly for those with lower WC statuses and in non-Grills cabins.

Perhaps Cunard is trying to make the luggage system appear to be just "coded by deck" but still incorporating a way to prioritize certain luggage. Similar to the "no more priority desks, just jump to the front of the line" checking in.

RemPuck

Anyone with an image or PDF editor on their PC will be able to change the color prior to printing so we can all be RED.

DJ

Our luggage tags are red outer rim with green inner. We are Q3 on deck 6.

Just seen the post above and maybe Deck 6 are red with green centres, so nothing to do with cabin grade or World Club ranking.

Edited by maz48

We may be able to make a grid. All of the below had been "PRIORITY" prior to the change. All have RED as a common element.

Red w/Silver Stripes: Named Suite (deck 10), Platinum World Club (deck 4)

Red w/Green/White Stripes: Q5 (deck 11)

Red: Need Category / Deck

Per what I found at Cunard's website, the top Qs (1,2 & 3) still show priority luggage delivery. StraightUp and Fantasy are in very different parts of the ship but have the same labels. Do they reflect the new "priority" delivery code? Adiamo - where is your cabin and what is your WC status?

RemPuck

I can confirm red with a large bright purple square - Q5 Diamond. Just checked my VP.

Maybe we are looking at the colours of the tags wrongly. As we have been told that there is now no priority baggage delivery(apart from maybe the Q1's and Q2's), maybe the colours are for disembarkation and therefore by deck as that is how disembarkation goes. Again I think Q1's and Q2's have priority disembarlkation so that is why their tags are differently coloured(silver stripes). Just an idea.

Since we became Platinum, "Priority" on the luggage tags has meant little. The slowest luggage delivery has been in the Grills, even Queen's, and the fastest in Britannia. For example, on this year's e/b crossing in PG we arrived at Redhook approx. 11:00, boarded at 12:00 and luggage arrived at 4:30. On the return crossing in Britannia we arrived at the Ocean Terminal at 11:15, boarded just after 12:00 and the luggage was already in the stateroom.

Since we became Platinum, "Priority" on the luggage tags has meant little. The slowest luggage delivery has been in the Grills, even Queen's, and the fastest in Britannia. For example, on this year's e/b crossing in PG we arrived at Redhook approx. 11:00, boarded at 12:00 and luggage arrived at 4:30. On the return crossing in Britannia we arrived at the Ocean Terminal at 11:15, boarded just after 12:00 and the luggage was already in the stateroom.

Have always found Southampton Ocean Terminal to be efficient in priority check-in and luggage delivery no matter the cabin grade and frustratingly inefficient during the scanning process. There was an hour wait last December from joining the back of the scanning queue to accessing the ship which I thought was deplorable and negated the priority check-in privilege.

That is why I am taking the wait and see approach if they are claiming efficient luggage delivery for all and enlarged scanning area.

M-AR

Edited by Mid-Atlantic Ridge

We are red with an orangey brown square and deck 8 Q3 Platinum.

I seem to get an idea of the codes.

Red = prority

Green = standard

The additional 'inner' markings are used for disembarkation.

Distribution, printing and handling of disembarkation codes is now delegated to the paying passengers.

It will be entertaining to watch the disembarkstion calls when passengers did not retain a tag to remember the colour code.

Have always found Southampton Ocean Terminal to be efficient in priority check-in and luggage delivery no matter the cabin grade and frustratingly inefficient during the scanning process. There was an hour wait last December from joining the back of the scanning queue to accessing the ship which I thought was deplorable and negated the priority check-in privilege.

That is why I am taking the wait and see approach if they are claiming efficient luggage delivery for all and enlarged scanning area.

M-AR

Disembarking the QM2 in May, from a deck 9 Q4, some of our 6 pieces of luggage was placed in with that of deck 4 and took us FOREVER to find. This was at the Ocean terminal.

My last trip in September was as a Diamond member and it was the slowest luggage delivery I have ever had. I waited hours for the suitcase. Prior to that I used to find the luggage waiting for me when I arrived at the cabin or it would be there when I came back from a quick lunch in King's Court (Brooklyn boarding).

Disembarking the QM2 in May, from a deck 9 Q4, some of our 6 pieces of luggage was placed in with that of deck 4 and took us FOREVER to find. This was at the Ocean terminal.

I don't deny other's experiences may differ but I have never had trouble disembarking. All has been exactly as it should be even at the end of a world cruise when I expect organising baggage delivery is a bigger task than normal.

I admit to a single hiccup when a bag went astray at embarkation as the label had parted company with the bag. A quick word with the delivery man while letting him see a photo of it on my phone meant it was with me within 5 minutes or less.

All very efficient, I hope the new system carries on my good experiences.

M-AR

I can confirm red with a large bright purple square - Q5 Diamond. Just checked my VP.

Almost the same here; Q4 Diamond has red edges with a purple centre. My booklet has the old style labels, my VP has the new ones. What to do? What does it matter? My plan is to have a great, relaxing Christmas aboard and not get worked up about this stuff.

PS Deck 7

Edited by Fifer

Almost the same here; Q4 Diamond has red edges with a purple centre. My booklet has the old style labels, my VP has the new ones. What to do? What does it matter? My plan is to have a great, relaxing Christmas aboard and not get worked up about this stuff.

PS Deck 7

I think that as long as you keep the tag on your luggage there is no reason to worry. Luggage handling procedures seem not to have changed at all.

Red/green codes with deck assignment and stateroom no. are sufficent for delivery. Red has replaced PRIORITY. That's all.

I think that as long as you keep the tag on your luggage there is no reason to worry. Luggage handling procedures seem not to have changed at all.

Red/green codes with deck assignment and stateroom no. are sufficent for delivery. Red has replaced PRIORITY. That's all.

Believe me, the last thing I am is worried. We're not long back from three weeks on QE in the Eastern Mediterranean. Everything worked like clockwork and I am sure will do so again.

The E-tickets have changed, though that isn't a problem of course. I have just re-printed ours and they came out about 5"x4". I was quite surprised as I expected them to fill a whole A4 sheet. Look more like a ticket than the old kind. They have your arrival time first so it is rather obvious and also tell you to arrive at your allocated time, no earlier or later.

I rather think there will still be a whole load of cruisers getting there before midday and filling the terminal as there is little else to do once out of your hotel, particularly the older ones.

They do 'share your excitement to step aboard' though:D.

Maybe we are looking at the colours of the tags wrongly. As we have been told that there is now no priority baggage delivery(apart from maybe the Q1's and Q2's), maybe the colours are for disembarkation and therefore by deck as that is how disembarkation goes. Again I think Q1's and Q2's have priority disembarlkation so that is why their tags are differently coloured(silver stripes). Just an idea.

Perhaps I can dispel this thought.

Travelling QV in 2 weeks time. We are Diamond, not travelling Grills this time, but BA cabin deck 6 and have the red border with lime green and silver diagonal stripes in the the centre!

Not sure how they are going to stop the stampede of the impatient persons at disembarkation. There are always some who will not wait their turn to leave the ship!!!

So maybe the silver diagonal stripes mean you are Diamond then? The stripes must mean something. Surely they aren't on there just for decoration so must mean priority baggage delivery or something else. But they say no priority baggage delivery so...???

So maybe the silver diagonal stripes mean you are Diamond then? The stripes must mean something. Surely they aren't on there just for decoration so must mean priority baggage delivery or something else. But they say no priority baggage delivery so...???

No, I understand that silver stripes are a disembarkation luggage code for PG without transfer to airport. Luggage to go with the transfer bus seems to be coded purple.

I think the red code around the center marking is what used to be priority on embarkation luggage handling.

What is going to happen to the baggage handled by the (roughly) 8% of males who are colour blind?:D

Mary

Good question. This quota will increase when they have to look at the red&purple markings;)

Edited by cunardaddict