OMG! I can't Believe that Cunard are Considering this !!!

oldsilverfox

Obviously red is the new black this season along with silver stripes worn either straight or diagonally. Green is popular among some of the more daring youthful travellers, whether used with the popular diamond ensemble or the much more restrained and traditional square.

We have seen some fabulous creations in delicate red edging worn with the very new orange which seems to change to red occasionally: a nice touch if not over used.

Purple seems to be confined to the cheaper ranges and we would not suggest wearing this in the higher rated establishments.

It will be interesting to see how these very new radical changes are accepted in the coming season.

David fashion notes.

Just a matter of time before the enterprising create their own luggage tags. Retain the cabin and deck data from Cunard's and the overall dimensions of course, but then go crazy with colors and patterns. We always put two labels on each bag and there is no reason for them to be identical. Have fun, folks. And post pictures.

Obviously red is the new black this season along with silver stripes worn either straight or diagonally. Green is popular among some of the more daring youthful travellers, whether used with the popular diamond ensemble or the much more restrained and traditional square.

We have seen some fabulous creations in delicate red edging worn with the very new orange which seems to change to red occasionally: a nice touch if not over used.

Purple seems to be confined to the cheaper ranges and we would not suggest wearing this in the higher rated establishments.

It will be interesting to see how these very new radical changes are accepted in the coming season.

David fashion notes.

:cool::cool:Wonderful summary!:D:D:D:D

David fashion notes.

could not have put it better!! Cunard the colours for the future! No shades of Grey.... would of been very daring!

David fashion notes.

The new way for the fashion police to spend their time! Excellent post.

I'm sailing on QM2 on Sunday. I'll go to the purser's desk and ask if they can enlighten us. Of course, it won't be as much fun as all this speculation. :D

I guess if you ask 6 different people they will give you 6 different replies, as usual!!

Our friends who are in the next cabin to us and first time cruisers with Cunard have exactly the same luggage labels as we do, who are platinum, so guessing the colours must mean the deck and forward, midships or aft? Who knows!

We are deck 10 forward.

I think you've nailed it, Midsomer Madness. We have same tags, and deck ten, as far forward as one can get and still remain aboard. Q3, no Cunard status.

So it seems "priority luggage delivery" has indeed been discontinued. Personally, no big deal. And I can see how "pre-sorting by area of ship" could indeed speed the process for all.

However, I don't see how the new tags will do for disembarkation. Passengers on a "Cunard" bus or van to wherever will have to wait until the last passenger from the last designated area of ship is allowed off before actually hitting the road. Just to save the cost of printing a second round of tags? Hey, they've already passed on the cost of printing the first to the passengers. :rolleyes:

One of the most entertaining threads I have read for a long time. It's given me a good chuckle!

We are on QV on 7th December. Diamond in Q4. Red square with purple centre.

I wonder if anyone from Carnival reads this. We must come across as budding Sherlocks or village idiots :D:D

I have just printed off our new E-tickets too. I didn't even know they had changed until I read it on here :confused:

One of the most entertaining threads I have read for a long time. It's given me a good chuckle!

We are on QV on 7th December. Diamond in Q4. Red square with purple centre.

I wonder if anyone from Carnival reads this. We must come across as budding Sherlocks or village idiots :D:D

I have just printed off our new E-tickets too. I didn't even know they had changed until I read it on here :confused:

I have exactly the sane as you for my upcoming short trip on the Q.E. I also am Diamond but I am in a Britannia BC Balcony cabin.

Ah, you never travelled QM2 obstructed view before? Orange is everything you see when looking straight out of the window.

Awwww now I know - yes we had an obstructed view cabin last Xmas, but had a brilliant position - we only had the rescue craft in front of us! ;)

[attach]332217[/attach]

Deck 11, Q5, no WC status, no disembarking connections, etc.

RemPuck

My thoughts on the luggage labels...

Maybe the color is to designate your disembarking time (replacing the ones they give you a few days prior to disembarkation). They do say to leave the labels on for embarking and disembarking.

Mine have the voyage number at the top, then deck/location (for me 7A),

and stateroom number. In the red border that mine has, is also a D, followed by a line and then the segment (SOU-HKG). Not sure about the D now:confused:.

Edited by alibabacruisers

I'll toss my tag into the ring...

NY closed loop sailing, Gold status (one night from Plat. grrr!), Deck 5 forward.

Red box, purple and grey/silver diagonal stripes. Next to the NYC->NYC markings is a large "D" - disembarkation group, perhaps? (Edit: Now I see that a Q5 also has a "D")

attachment.php?attachmentid=333260&stc=1&d=1417916267

tag.jpg.f21f563604ee55610f543d234e35dd30.jpg

Edited by Underwatr