OMG! I can't Believe that Cunard are Considering this !!!

oldsilverfox

We are happy to be boarding the QMII in Cape Town on Saturday, so we will see how that embarkation goes. But my measure is the speed on some other lines. We boarded the Crystal Serenity in March in Perth and from the time we left the cab to when we were installed in the dining room for lunch was less than 10 minutes. And embarkation on Seabourn and Azamara were almost as fast. Even the sad old Celebrity Millenium had a quick check-in. I know, I know, smaller ships and fewer PAX, but still! And then there is the painful process of getting off a Cunard ship. Endless waiting, waiting in public areas to be ushered off an hour or more after the time we were promised. Happily I find the lovely design of the Cunard interiors makes up for these inconveniences, and I am still a happy Cunard customer.

Well we are Diamond on Cunard with over 400 days but when boarding Queen Elizabeth in San Fransisco in Jan 2015 there was no priority lane and whilst Brittania passengers were whisked through Diamond members were told to get in the ordinary queue .We were extremely surprised to say the least

Phillipahain, I'm very surprised at this, and very sorry it happened. I boarded QM2 late November in Southampton. I am Platinum and my friend and I were taken to the head of the queue.

I wonder if it makes a difference where you board?

There was priority boarding in Los Angeles in 2013 (Pearls of the Pacific, I think the voyage was called).

Since there were far more people who were in the priority category, they all stood in a long, slow-moving queue, while non-priority folks comfortably sat, waiting for their turn.

After the priority people boarded, the non-priorities came aboard with very little time in a queue.

Travel can be an adventure, with some things (like how one is treated as a "priority") not always predictable.

We boarded the QMII in Cape Town 2 days ago. The wait to get on board was over 3 hours, including over one hour standing in line simply to obtain a seat in a jam-packed room awaiting a shuttle bus to the ship. Cunard had almost no one on staff to help passengers, and Cunard provided absolutely no explanation for the delays. All boarding passengers were assigned check-in times, but the excessive delays caused none of the appointments to be remotely honored. There are rumors circulating on board regarding the cause of delay, but still no explanation. Completely unacceptable and a radical deterioration in service as compared to other cruise lines where the time between cab drop-off to being installed on board has never exceeded 30 minutes, and at times is as quick as a check-in for a hotel. This is shameful on Cunard's part.