Mariner LA to Papeete

Mjflowers

On Thanksgiving morning, just after pulling into port at Kahului, an amazing double rainbow formed over the horizon - those who had their cameras available were able to get some amazing pictures.

Our Thanksgiving day was spent on a pineapple tour - we initially picked this tour because nothing else really interested us - as it turned out, even though at times it was pouring rain, it really was a fun (and delicious!) excursion. I am not a big fruit eater and I couldn't get enough of the yummy, sweet pineapple. It was picked from the field and sliced right their for use to eat, as much as we wanted. It is called "Maui Gold" pineapple and is the sweetest pineapple grown and the only remaining commercial pineapple field in Hawaii. We were suppose to get some of these pineapples on the ship but something happened and they were not provisioned.

The next day I took the helicopter tour over the active volcano site and that was really great - there was this amazing rainbow over the horizon so my pictures look as if they had been edited in PhotoShop - scenes of land scarred by volcanic ash with rainbows overhead. We were quite lucky, due to a change in the weather, the groups scheduled for after ours was cancelled.

The ride has been rockier than I had anticipated, with some nights the boat really bouncing along and the items in our room moving, esp the items on our shelves in the bathroom. The shuffleboard championship has been postponed twice and yesterday the chef had a cooking demonstration and was not allowed to do any actual cooking that required heat because they did not want a heating element being used while the ship is rocking.

I agree with the previous poster regarding the dancers, but then again I am quite biased, and I am the first one to admit it because I live in NYC and go to a Broadway show at least once a month and many of my friends are in the industry so I am quite spoiled when it comes to live entertainment. I love going to Krew Kapers and never miss it but the other entertainment is disappointing. One of my friends is a Broadway producer and has a traveling company which has performed on Crystal a number of times. I guess it is due to the contract with the dance company they now use they are unwilling or unable to attract other types of Broadway show entertainment.

At Thanksgiving dinner there seemed to be lots of complaints with regard to the "house" wines selected for the evening - a number of people asked for different wines which were very slow to appear - at my table they arrived almost at the end of the meal. Of interest, when complaints were made regarding the wine, the first suggestion was to order a "special" wine instead of being offered one of the other "house" wines.

Prior to Thanksgiving dinner we had our own mini Thanksgiving Day parade which was quite cute, but not quite the same as the Macy's parade.

This morning at breakfast, another rainbow over the horizon!

gnomie :)

It sounds like the shore excursions have been wonderful. You could not pay me to ride in a helicopter, but it sounds like everyone had a fabulous time.

I hope that the cruise continues to be filled with good times, and that the sea life increases as you make your way across the ocean.

I wonder if you were fed turkey sandwiches because of Thanksgiving? I don't think we were ever offered turkey as an option when we were in Hawaii.

Thank you for the updates.

We had reservations in signatures on thanksgiving eve. I asked the day before if they would bring in a turkey feast from compass rose and was flatly told no. A few more requests followed, and lo and behold, even though Turkey was not on the menus, I got to enjoy it.

Agree re the pineapple tour...fantastic. The best fruit goes to locals, the next best to the U.S. west coast, and the rest goes to Costco. I thought that was funny.

Tonight was our 40th anniversary. Some how Regent found out. I do not promote our special occasions. Maybe my TA dropped thehint. While sitting in the Mariner Lounge with a few friends we meet on the cruise for cocktails, who should approach us but, Gordan the F&B manager. He asked us if we would like to dine in Prime 7 tonight with our guests. Well, what could I say?. Of course. A very special dinner, and a HA cake to finish the meal. When we returned to our cabin, low and behold, rose petals all over the bed with two towel animals. I should have taken the hint when our butler, Imanuel, asked us when we would be leaving for dinner that night. This is why Regent is at the top of the Cruise industry. A big plus to Regent:)

Our anniversary too! We came back to our cabin to balloons, signs, anniversary cake and champagne. I suspect our travel agent was involved in this, as well. We also received a reservation card for tonight in signatures.

Regent all the way, although I noticed mr. Kamlanis name is still on the comment card!

Last night. Dress code casual relaxed. There were many jeans in the dining room and someone at the next table was wearing a tee shirt and swim trunks!!! Really???? I could not believe it.

Happy Anniversary to my fellow passengers and cruise critics on the 10th deck?

Last night. Dress code casual relaxed. There were many jeans in the dining room and someone at the next table was wearing a tee shirt and swim trunks!!! Really???? I could not believe it.

Happy Anniversary to my fellow passengers and cruise critics on the 10th deck?

That seems a bit too "casual relaxed" to me. Jeans--ok, but a t shirt and swim Trunks?