NA short review November 16 - November 30/14

cruz chic

I'm staying at the embassy suites on 17 th street. I'm not a fan of the free breakfast so I asked for a suggestion from the hotel staff. They suggested joe's Cafe in the harbour shops. It was very good and served hot. It's been a while since I've had hot food. The coffee is free before 9am and I had a large breakfast for $8.95. The prices are very reasonable. If I stay here again I will return. Just thought I would mention it in case it would be of interest to others.

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise. At least you missed the really cold weather here! It's warming up today and is expected to be sunny all week.

Not a fan of the embassy suites.

Would you mind saying why you're not a fan of the Embassy Suites? If you'd rather not, that's okay, too. We're booked there for one night pre-cruise at the end of April so am curious. It'll be our first experience with Embassy anywhere.

Thanks for your review. I'm glad you had a good time on your cruise. At least you missed the really cold weather here! It's warming up today and is expected to be sunny all week.

Would you mind saying why you're not a fan of the Embassy Suites? If you'd rather not, that's okay, too. We're booked there for one night pre-cruise at the end of April so am curious. It'll be our first experience with Embassy anywhere.

It just took forever to get the room. The hotel looks quite dirty on the main floor toward the elevators. I've found many of the front desk people to be passive aggressive. I know this is going to be refuted but it's my opinion. I stayed at the Marriott harbour beach resort prior to the cruise and that was lovely. I do like the location of the embassy suites. My precruise hotel was much pricier. Embassy suites was trying to charge $250 prior to the cruise. Give me a break. I think the hyatt pier 66 is much better but the location of the embassy is better.

FWIW, we have stayed at ES several times and enjoyed it there. We do take advantage of the breakfast there and the manager's receptions. (BTW, I am very fussy on my eggs) We have also had a meal from ESpot by the pool area and were quite pleased.

When we arrive before check in time, we have no expectation of being checked in early. When we have been, we are appreciative. When it can't be done, we secure our luggage with them and do other things ;)

We are going back again in April and we are looking forward to it.

BTW - we have tried a couple of other spots mentioned here on the boards and prefer ES, but that's just us.