Regent Cruise Line??

Hobar

Seaborne hasn't a single French Burgundy on its standard list, not even a Beaujolais, although it does offer a white Sancerre from the Sauvignon Blanc grape, which I like much less than the chardonnay grape generally used in Burgundy. A minor regret, not a disaster, as they are offering the very nice Santa Margareta Pinot Grigio, which makes my lovely wife happy; it's her favorite this year. Prices for the reserve wine packages seem unreasonably high despite the absence of taxes at sea, although it’s hard to make exact comparisons due to 'package' size and groupings.

I recently received a copy of the included wine list from the Spirit. There is a Light Horse Pinot noir that you might try. It is from the Carneros area of California. It won't be Burgundy but it is on the lighter side of the California Pinot noir - its berry flavors should go well with fish or turkey or chicken

Sirius is a Bordeaux --- not Burgundy. I have rarely seen a red French burgundy offered on Seabourn. Every now and then they have had a NZ Pinot or California( sadly never from Oregon which we prefer).

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course there is always a Cotes du Rhone that is always available that is drinkable if you don't want a red that is too heavy.

The wine list gives you a choice of four Burgundy region red wines and eight white wines.

Prices range from $64-$469

I like the Nuits St George from Louis Latour at $129 less the loyalty discount.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Of course there is always a Cotes du Rhone that is always available that is drinkable if you don't want a red that is too heavy.

The wine list gives you a choice of four Burgundy region red wines and eight white wines.

Prices range from $64-$469

I like the Nuits St George from Louis Latour at $129 less the loyalty discount.

From memory, they had a very nice Gevrey Chambertin at $75 a bottle.

Yes, some nice Burgundies ( as well as some lovely Tuscans) are available on the premium list. And I have say that , even without our loyalty discount I , find their wines very reasonably priced --- usually close to US retail prices. Most restaurants in the US mark bottles of wine up two to three times retail.

I recently received a copy of the included wine list from the Spirit. There is a Light Horse Pinot noir that you might try. It is from the Carneros area of California. It won't be Burgundy but it is on the lighter side of the California Pinot noir - its berry flavors should go well with fish or turkey or chicken

Our son, who lives in Western Australia, has a winemaker friend who made him a special batch of "Zinfandel" (only 30 doz bottles) that is 17+% !

I was very suprised to find onboard Quest in Antarctica "The Zin" (2012) from Consentino in California. While only 14.5% it was VERY drinkable (to my Southern Hemisphere Palate).

Try it, but leave some for my next cruise please !:);):rolleyes:

Our son, who lives in Western Australia, has a winemaker friend who made him a special batch of "Zinfandel" (only 30 doz bottles) that is 17+% !

I was very suprised to find onboard Quest in Antarctica "The Zin" (2012) from Consentino in California. While only 14.5% it was VERY drinkable (to my Southern Hemisphere Palate).

At 17% that's a fortified wine. To call it a Zin is a disservice to potential imbibers.

Protip for US alcohol content in wine: It can legally vary from the stated amount by 1%.

M. Coz makes some nice wines.

I am on the Sojourn and last night we had Tom Turkey.

It was very moist and tasty.

The only thing that has been a bit dry or tough has been the lamb.

Service sometimes a bit slow but that usually has to do with the amount of guests that choose to be seated at the same time and that is around 19.30

Is the MDR open for lunch?

I am on the Sojourn and last night we had Tom Turkey.

It was very moist and tasty.

The only thing that has been a bit dry or tough has been the lamb.

Service sometimes a bit slow but that usually has to do with the amount of guests that choose to be seated at the same time and that is around 19.30

Is the MDR open for lunch?

Yes,the dining room is open for lunch every day I have checked and it will not close.

It is quit popular for lunch.

I'll be going right past Costentino on Jan 8 for a tasting panel in Napa. I'll buy a bottle to try. I am big fan of Zinfandel paired with lamb or beef burger. The fruit for this wine comes from Lodi, CA - vines can be 100+ years old. It can do well with lamb kabob if the meet is not over seasoned. In Australia, get a bottle of Rolf Binder's Bulls BBlood - one of my favorites from the the Barossa.

Edited by oxypete

Something else I forgot to mention: Regent has those annoying block parties where they expect everyone to congregate in the passageways and drink warm champagne while passing around stale canapes.

So does SB...we had them on the 2014world cruise in the SB SOJOURN

Yes they did but alas there is no Gev on the list at the moment.

Interesting - the wine list I recieved from a Spirit passenger shows that wine as available.

Edited by oxypete

Now if they would put Turley zin on the premier list I would be a very happy camper!

The question is which of Turley Zins would be on the list. Helen Turley made her reputation on the quality of her Zin but today there are probably 12+ variants of which some are indeed worth the money, although often pricey, others are better passing on.

Of course Helen has not been the winemaker at her brother's winery for almost ten years but I do think Erhen Jordan has been doing a good job of maintaining the level of quality established under her years consulting there. Witness to that fact Wine Spectator named Turley Juvenile one of the top 100 of 2014.. Anyway, to bring this thread back to the original topic of Regent, does Regent off a wide variety of wines as Seabourn does as complimentary or are the selections more limited? And are their premium list wines also reasonably priced? What is their house champagne? Do wish Seabourn would go back to the Monopole which I much prefer to the NF ( however, I nonetheless still manage to consume my fair share of the stuff!)

To assure we have wine we enjoy, we request our preference in advance, and depending on our ports, have a case delivered to embarkation or another port. We recenyky returned from a cruise and have been able to share our favorites with new friends on board. And of course, always appreciate suugestions from the Sommelier, although not always in agreement. We like our wine too much to take a chance on the predetermined selections.