B2B on the Jewel ~ Once Again! ~ Nov. 29th and Dec. 6th ~ My Diary

maxs mom

OMG, isn't that mud pie awful now? I didn't know they had changed

it. Imaging my surprise when this gelatin wannabe pie came out.

And then the Caesar salad is different too. I think Chops has lost

me as a customer.

The mud pie

was the deal breaker.

OK, we're on Jewel this Saturday B2B. Will, of course, miss the original Mud Pie. And, how can they have messed up a simple Caesar salad? Have been to Chops lots of times recently. Might try Portofino's first for the BOGO. 'Maybe' Chops later.

Rick and Deirdra

Edited by Pumbaamd

Well......you've written a whole bunch of good ones recently!! I think you are cruising as much as we are!!

Thanks Jane - There is just something special about reading you and DH reviews, I always feel like I'm there with yall.

I need to start my Enchantment review from two weeks ago, before I head back to sea again January 9th.

Great start! Can't wait to meet you both one day.

Just back from a 4 day quickie to St Pete Beach, staying with friends at their timeshare. Price was right - $-0-> and we drove up in our car. Glad to see I got back while your latest opus was current.

Is that king size balcony an end-hump balcony? Looks bigger then the usual center humps.

We're doing the 8 night California coastal from Vancouver to LA Sept 2015 on the Jewel.

Enjoying your review as usual Jane. Can't believe I just saw it now. Better late than never! That beach in Grenada looks amazing.

Come join us on Vision Jan 10th after your Explorer B2B! :)

OMG! We were just talking last night about grabbing the Jan. 10th Vision on the way home. But I thought that might be a bit much. You never know!

Hey Robyn!!!

OK, we're on Jewel this Saturday B2B. Will, of course, miss the original Mud Pie. And, how can they have messed up a simple Caesar salad? Have been to Chops lots of times recently. Might try Portofino's first for the BOGO. 'Maybe' Chops later.

Rick and Deirdra

Oh......don't give up on Chops! It's still the best first night dinner around. Now on the Jewel, the Muster Drill is at 8, so you either have to eat early or late. We like to drink early, so we always opt for late. That means 8:45 on this night. You can still grab a drink on your voucher at the Schooner Bar after muster to take in to dinner if you want. LOL!

Thanks Jane - There is just something special about reading you and DH reviews, I always feel like I'm there with yall.

I need to start my Enchantment review from two weeks ago, before I head back to sea again January 9th.

Great start! Can't wait to meet you both one day.

Mike.....as many cruises as you take.....we're bound to run into each other at some time or another! Look forward to it!

Just back from a 4 day quickie to St Pete Beach, staying with friends at their timeshare. Price was right - $-0-> and we drove up in our car. Glad to see I got back while your latest opus was current.

Is that king size balcony an end-hump balcony? Looks bigger then the usual center humps.

We're doing the 8 night California coastal from Vancouver to LA Sept 2015 on the Jewel.

Hey Dave!

That's a hump balcony right off the Centrum going aft on Deck 8. All the hump balconies on Radiance Class ships are interesting. I know you will enjoy that repo on the Jewel.

OMG! We were just talking last night about grabbing the Jan. 10th Vision on the way home. But I thought that might be a bit much. You never know!

Too much cruising?? :eek:

Haha too funny! You never know...maybe I'll achieve my goal of making it into a Max's Mom review! ;)

Edited by Canadian Tyler

We're sailing the Jewel in 36 days, not that I'm counting. Can you tell me what the day pass at the Radisson included?

Well...not much except a lot of peace and quiet....no vendors.....a towel, so you don't have to lug a ship's towel out there, and the use of their property. It was totally worth it to me......we've been at the other end of the beach and I couldn't wait to get out of there.Oh......and good Wi-Fi.....even on the beach.

Jane,

Did you notice if the Captain hosted any dinners?

R&D

Thanks again, everybody!!

I never saw the Captain host any dinners.....but that doesn't mean he didn't. We were invited to eat at the Captain's Table one evening with a couple of married officers the first week. And I know Rosa, the GSM hosted a table the second week. I only saw the Captain eating in Portofino and I think he was eating with family then.

Tuesday ~ December 2, 2014 ~ St. Lucia

Slept in today. We were planning to stay on board today and get some rest.

Here we come:

DSC06043_zps49253186.jpg

The Summit was in port with us today.

DSC06042_zpsaa13ae9d.jpg

DSC06044_zps2fc5801b.jpg

St. Lucia is beautiful. We've been here many times, but the rest of the week was going to be pretty busy, so we decided to make this a day at sea.

After breakfast I went to the Solarium for the morning. Had the place to myself for a long time. It was great. I got in the pool and the hot tub. I read for a while. A few more people trickled in, but it was a lovely morning. I stayed here until about noon.

DSC06032_zps71fe370c.jpg

DSC06033_zps478b8e5e.jpg

DSC06034_zpsa05fb683.jpg

This is how the main pool area looked with everyone on shore.

DSC06041_zpsa4c6cefe.jpg

We went to lunch in the WJ. Very quiet today. I don't normally like the desserts in the WJ, but every once in a while they will have a good one to pair with the frozen yogurt. Today there was some yummy peach cobbler.

DSC06046_zps2421541d.jpg

After lunch it was total veg time!! We read and napped and relaxed all afternoon. It was a lovely sail away this evening.

DSC06048_zps7725a389.jpg

DSC06050_zps2498cfdc.jpg

DSC06051_zps76aa4707.jpg

Jane,

Did you notice if the Captain hosted any dinners?

R&D

We sat next to the Captain's table on the Thanksgiving cruise and he hosted the first seating one night. I believe our waiter (Corwin - he's great) said the Captain also hosted a second seating one night.

Great pictures - makes me miss our time on her! The crew is amazing on the Jewel

Jane, I know you didn't go into St. Lucia, but what would you recommend? I'm not one for horseback riding or crazy adventurous excursions. Any help is appreciated!

Mary

Well.....there is a lot to do here. If you can get a boat trip over to the area where the Pitons are......I believe there are some great beaches over there. That's a little much for us these days. We've been to an all inclusive resort here several times. It's real close to the ship......called the Rendevous.....adults only. An old place but well cared for. There is a beach and a nice pool area with a swim up bar. All drinks are included and there is a fairly decent buffet lunch included. Towels, too. I have no idea what the cost is now, but it used to be pretty reasonable.