B2B on the Jewel ~ Once Again! ~ Nov. 29th and Dec. 6th ~ My Diary

maxs mom

Saturday ~ December 13, 2014 ~ San Juan

Up around 6. Hello San Juan!

DSC06619_zps042bda35.jpg

DSC06620_zpsb6282151.jpg

Breakfast in the MDR opened at 7. We were the first in line there. Once again we were at a large table that ordered first....and then we waited and waited to be served. Everyone else was being served, but not us. That's three times in a row that this has happened to us......so lesson learned. I guess we should go to the WJ early on disembarkation day. Although we were in no hurry.....it was still annoying. Two ladies had to get up and leave. John had to go speak to our Maitre'D friend and that got things rolling. We did have a great conversation with a nice couple, though.

DSC06623_zps0c9f9d62.jpg

After that, we got our things together quickly and immediately left the ship. It was about 8:15 and our number 3 had been long called. When we got down to the luggage area, our two pieces were right there. We grabbed them and got right in the customs and immigration line. It was long, but moved quickly.

It was very easy to get a taxi. They are so organized here. We were at the Embassy Suites in no time! We were staying an extra day here to rest up before going home.

We couldn't check in that early, so we lounged in the lobby for a while and enjoyed their Wi-Fi. Later we had some lunch at the Outback in their lobby.

DSC06624_zpsf11a5137.jpg

While we were eating, they called to say our room was ready. We spent a relaxing day here and flew home the next day.

Such a fun two weeks on one of our favorite ships. Spending time on some of our favorite beaches, and meeting lots of new cruise buddies.

It's Christmas Eve as I am trying to finish this up quickly. We're all packed and ready to head out for Florida in the morning to catch the Explorer on Saturday for two more weeks of fun. Meeting good friends this time. Looking forward to it.

As always....I would like to leave you with a toast. Here's to our favorite pastime.....cruising.....and all the wonderful people that we have met along the way.....here on CC and on the ships. Salud!!! Hope to see you out there soon!

DSC06126_zpsad80cdaa.jpg:cool:

Merry Christmas to you all!!

Someone already said this but Amazon and Bed, Bath, Beyond both have them. :)

I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond. LOVE them. I think I have maybe 10 sets of them.

Jane, love the Tiki Bar as well and Accra Beach! Have fun on your next adventure and looking forward to the review.

I got mine at Bed Bath & Beyond. LOVE them. I think I have maybe 10 sets of them.

Jane, love the Tiki Bar as well and Accra Beach! Have fun on your next adventure and looking forward to the review.

We are about ready to head out this morning on the next adventure. Not flying this time and I can't get my suitcases closed!! Will have to repack at the hotel!!

I far prefer Accra Beach and the Tiki Bar to the Boatyard.

Willb you write a review for your next cruise? How may I find it? This was my first review of yours to read. I felt like we were there with you. ...thank you

Leaving this morning for the next one!! Just check the RC boards about mid January.....you should find it. It's nice to have people come along!

Jane always love your reviews, makes me feel like I am on cruise.

Would it be possible for you to list your favorite beaches for each island in one place? I thought I could remember but nope can't do it. Stupid me I should have written them down as I read the reviews,

Norma

Saturday ~ December 13' date=' 2014 ~ San Juan[/u']

Up around 6. Hello San Juan!

DSC06619_zps042bda35.jpg

DSC06620_zpsb6282151.jpg

Breakfast in the MDR opened at 7. We were the first in line there. Once again we were at a large table that ordered first....and then we waited and waited to be served. Everyone else was being served, but not us. That's three times in a row that this has happened to us......so lesson learned. I guess we should go to the WJ early on disembarkation day. Although we were in no hurry.....it was still annoying. Two ladies had to get up and leave. John had to go speak to our Maitre'D friend and that got things rolling. We did have a great conversation with a nice couple, though.

DSC06623_zps0c9f9d62.jpg

After that, we got our things together quickly and immediately left the ship. It was about 8:15 and our number 3 had been long called. When we got down to the luggage area, our two pieces were right there. We grabbed them and got right in the customs and immigration line. It was long, but moved quickly.

It was very easy to get a taxi. They are so organized here. We were at the Embassy Suites in no time! We were staying an extra day here to rest up before going home.

We couldn't check in that early, so we lounged in the lobby for a while and enjoyed their Wi-Fi. Later we had some lunch at the Outback in their lobby.

DSC06624_zpsf11a5137.jpg

While we were eating, they called to say our room was ready. We spent a relaxing day here and flew home the next day.

Such a fun two weeks on one of our favorite ships. Spending time on some of our favorite beaches, and meeting lots of new cruise buddies.

It's Christmas Eve as I am trying to finish this up quickly. We're all packed and ready to head out for Florida in the morning to catch the Explorer on Saturday for two more weeks of fun. Meeting good friends this time. Looking forward to it.

As always....I would like to leave you with a toast. Here's to our favorite pastime.....cruising.....and all the wonderful people that we have met along the way.....here on CC and on the ships. Salud!!! Hope to see you out there soon!

DSC06126_zpsad80cdaa.jpg:cool:

Merry Christmas to you all!!

awesome review..thx

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen others mention the hump. Can you please explain why is that a good thing?

My cabin was assigned but should I switch to the hump?

Greetings All!!

Just back from another two weeks on the beautiful Jewel of the Seas out of San Juan. Fabulous Southern Caribbean islands and very port intensive. We had a great time!! I may have to abbreviate things a little as this is such a busy time of year and I don't have much time. We are also heading out on Christmas Day for two weeks on the Explorer.....so I'm busy washing clothes and repacking packing as we speak!!

So here goes.......

DSC06040_zps47ff3c75.jpg

Once again we flew to San Juan on Southwest and once again it was a pleasant experience! It was a long day of travel and we arrived right on time a little after 5 o'clock on Friday' date=' November 28th. No crowds at the airport AT ALL!! We quickly grabbed a taxi and motored a whole 5 minutes over to the Embassy Suites.....checked in and immediately went to the manager's reception. We started chatting with another couple there and found out that they were from North Carolina, too, and were also sailing on the Jewel. Nice to make new friends right away. We grabbed a quick bite to eat. We were exhausted, so we went on to bed.

[u']Saturday ~ November 29, 2014 ~ San Juan[/u]

I tossed and turned all night as I usually do the night before a cruise. The breakfast at the ES this morning was awful. This is an OK place to stay, but I am really tired of the Suite taxes and the resort fees that they pile on. May go elsewhere next time.

We met up with Ben and Jessica, our new friends, this morning and shared a taxi to the port with them. We stopped at a Walgreen's along the way and got a case of water to take on board with us. I taped a couple of luggage tags on there and gave it to the porters. Worked great.

We arrived at the port around 11:00. Hardly anyone was there, so we walked right in.....no lines.....wonderful!

As we were checking in at the counter we heard someone shout "Jane and John!!!" I turned around and it was Diego, the Concierge, there to welcome us. That made me feel so special!

We had our welcome aboard picture made and we were on board in no time!

Scan0067_zps71d8c00f.jpg

We found a nice spot by Café Lattetudes to hang out while we waited on cabins to open up at 1:00. Ben and Jessica joined us.

DSC05926_zpsa8c5bc8a.jpg

I ran around and got all our dinner reservations made.....Chops. Portofino, and My Time Dining......no problems. I also went up to the Windjammer to grab some iced tea and cookies to snack on while we were waiting. There was hardly anyone in the Windjammer.....that was weird. While doing all this running around....I encountered quite a few crew members that remembered me from being on board in September. Our waiter, a head waiter, and some others.....all very welcoming and glad to see us again.....everywhere we turned, there was someone we knew. That was neat.

Cabins opened promptly at 1:00, so we made our way up to Deck 8 to our E1 cabin for the week.....8104.....right off the Centrum and on the hump. Great cabin with an even greater balcony. Loved it!!

DSC05928_zps67dd6197.jpg

DSC05929_zps03bbe7cd.jpg

DSC05948_zps7a932d91.jpg

This was a fabulous location. We noticed that since September, the balcony furniture has been replaced. The nice comfy chairs and tables are now on the balconies of the Jewel!!

Jane:

Thanks for putting all the time and effort into another great review! Now that I've started my own picture heavy review I know how much effort goes into the process.

I also want to thank you for a past review you wrote while you were still working and had to vacation on school breaks. If it wasn't for people like you and others I would have booked a Western Mediterranean cruise in July and melted from the heat. Thanks for saving me from Italy in July. :D

Edited by paylady

Hello Everone!

Just off the Explorer this morning after being on for two weeks.

Thanks for all the comments. Will try and start on a new review next week.

Pay lady......so glad you avoided the Med in July! That made me LOL!

Dreaming paradise........the hump balconies on the Radiance Class ships are a little bigger or odd shaped. Also they are conveniently located. We try to get those whenever we can.

Time for some rest!

• 1 month later...
DSC06013_zps34cfbbb7.jpg

DSC06014_zpsfa46d355.jpg

I made a new friend here!

DSC06015_zps27eb1459.jpg

The grounds were just beautiful:

DSC06016_zps0bf2de79.jpg

DSC06017_zpsbf4b9e28.jpg

DSC06018_zpsf8afead3.jpg

Our morning taxi driver said he would come back for us' date=' but he didn't show, so we just grabbed another taxi back to the ship.....very easy. When in Grenada again.....we will definitely come back here!![/size']

Hi Jane,

How did you obtain the day passes at the Radisson upon arriving there? Front Desk? Was it $40 PPerson?