Weather in Bermuda in May?

mgf316

IMG_4408_zps38436240.jpg?t=1420330633

IMG_4397_zpsb4d5a315.jpg?t=1420330663

Almost to Horseshoe....

IMG_4423_zps9bd81a27.jpg?t=1420331124

Great bodysurfing here...a cove right before Horseshoe..

IMG_4440_zps0ac26c28.jpg?t=1420330925

Horseshoe

IMG_4445_zps58682311.jpg?t=1420330818

Just as you are leaving Horseshoe, you see this little gem...great for families with little kids...

IMG_4447_zps4b694aad.jpg?t=1420330853

Hope that helps! You can see how overcast it was in these pictures but it was absolutely breathtaking. We have done a lot on our two trips to Bermuda but this is by far our favorite thing to do. We get to go back in October 2015!

Hope this wasn't picture overload for you!

Lauri

This might help :

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28514684&postcount=2

I don't know if it's your thing, but you can get a day pass at CoCo Reef resort. It includes a 3 course meal for lunch, a drink, the use of the pool, towels, changing room and the use of their private part of Elbow beach.

As for the resort, not really in to that when there's SO MUCH to see and do in Bermuda that I wouldn't want to waste it staying in 1 place all day.

You can have a look at this : http://www.cocoreefbermuda.com/

It was 60$ per person in 2014 and free for kids under ....? I don't remember :o

I do have a copy of that map (google earth link) posted, but if you look at it, it looks like you could access each place to me. You only see the area there between Chaplin and Horseshoe that looks like it might be inaccessible for awhile. But then again, it doesn't show any names of beaches along that area to say what it is. :confused:

Wouldn't it be wonderful to find your way here...

IMG_4322_zpse1247953.jpg?t=1420330304

Since I haven't been to Bermuda yet, it's hard to say what that is...but if I was to guess, I'm thinking maybe that is Jobsons Cove?? Can anyone confirm? If it is, that's definitely not a beach I want to miss. :eek: I had that on my list even before knowing that you could walk all 5 of these beaches using a trail.

LOVING your pictures. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing them with me. :)

Edited by mitsugirly

Hope that helps! You can see how overcast it was in these pictures but it was absolutely breathtaking. We have done a lot on our two trips to Bermuda but this is by far our favorite thing to do. We get to go back in October 2015!

Hope this wasn't picture overload for you!

Lauri

Pictures overload? :eek: There's no such thing. :p Obviously you haven't read any of my reviews. :o :D

Definitely not Jobsons Cove. Jobsons is totally accessible. I think there were two pictures of Jobson's in my first post with picture. This cove in the picture appears to be totally inaccessible unless you went in by boat.

I had that map with me and still couldn't figure out what I was looking at. We asked some locals at one point and they gave us a totally different beach name that wasn't even on the map. I had to just let it go and enjoy the sights! The scientist in me needed to know!!

Lauri

Pictures overload? :eek: There's no such thing. :p Obviously you haven't read any of my reviews. :o :D

Oh no....I have read every one of your reviews! I love watching Sakari get bigger and bigger and more beautiful with every review! That girl is the bravest little girl I have ever seen! So glad that nursing school is behind you and you can cruise even more now!

Glad to help you a bit in return!

Lauri

Definitely not Jobsons Cove. Jobsons is totally accessible. I think there were two pictures of Jobson's in my first post with picture. This cove in the picture appears to be totally inaccessible unless you went in by boat.

I had that map with me and still couldn't figure out what I was looking at. We asked some locals at one point and they gave us a totally different beach name that wasn't even on the map. I had to just let it go and enjoy the sights! The scientist in me needed to know!!

Lauri

So when you say Jobsons Cove is accessible, you do mean from the trail right? I really want to go there for sure. :)

Oh no....I have read every one of your reviews! I love watching Sakari get bigger and bigger and more beautiful with every review! That girl is the bravest little girl I have ever seen! So glad that nursing school is behind you and you can cruise even more now!

Glad to help you a bit in return!

Lauri

Yes she is very brave and getting so big. Sometimes I feel like it's going to get hard at some point to entertain her because she's "done it all". I think this Bermuda trip may be a little hard on her if she is not able to get in the water. I'm not sure what we'll do if that's the case. She'll have a fit.

I really really appreciate your help...and especially the pictures. Do you have an album somewhere that have all of your Bermuda pictures? I might find something interesting I'm not aware of. :D

I do have a copy of that map (google earth link) posted, but if you look at it, it looks like you could access each place to me. You only see the area there between Chaplin and Horseshoe that looks like it might be inaccessible for awhile. But then again, it doesn't show any names of beaches along that area to say what it is. :confused:

Since I haven't been to Bermuda yet, it's hard to say what that is...but if I was to guess, I'm thinking maybe that is Jobsons Cove?? Can anyone confirm? If it is, that's definitely not a beach I want to miss. :eek: I had that on my list even before knowing that you could walk all 5 of these beaches using a trail.

LOVING your pictures. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing them with me. :)

As per Bermuda Attractions dot com, you could walk all 5 beaches right on the beach... It is said that some part are rocky but easily doable with water shoes.... That might be an option?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

So when you say Jobsons Cove is accessible, you do mean from the trail right? I really want to go there for sure. :)

Yes she is very brave and getting so big. Sometimes I feel like it's going to get hard at some point to entertain her because she's "done it all". I think this Bermuda trip may be a little hard on her if she is not able to get in the water. I'm not sure what we'll do if that's the case. She'll have a fit.

I really really appreciate your help...and especially the pictures. Do you have an album somewhere that have all of your Bermuda pictures? I might find something interesting I'm not aware of. :D

Yes, Jobson's is right off the path. It is the first cove you get to after leaving Warwick...just a few minutes walk. very, very easy to get to.

I will have to check the website out that Sebas030 talked about. maybe there is more info there about what beach is what. I do know you can walk on the beach for some time but in some areas, namely Warwick, it would be quite dangerous to try to swim around that big rock outcropping.

I do not have my pics anywhere beside my personal computer. Not sure we have done much more that you would like.

We went to Seaglass Beach when it was still ok to take the glass. I have a friend that makes jewelry so I brought her a few pieces. That's a pretty area to spend a few minutes.

We snorkeled Church Bay. That is a really pretty beach. We had the beach to ourselves! Beautiful area!

We really liked St George. Tobacco Bay was really nice and the Unfinished Church was beautiful. Great photo op! The shops were fun to walk through. We bought perfume at the Perfumery. Loved walking the streets with the unique names.

Dockyard: We did check out the museum in the Dockyard. that was worth going to and has some beautiful ocean views from the grounds. We always stop at the Frog and Onion for good beer and go watch the glassblowers.

The three days you are there go by too quickly! Have fun planning!

Lauri

As per Bermuda Attractions dot com, you could walk all 5 beaches right on the beach... It is said that some part are rocky but easily doable with water shoes.... That might be an option?!?

That's typical of the type of advice from this website that makes me cringe. As I've mentioned in the past, the site is run by someone who lives in India...not that he hasn't been to Bermuda and not that everything on the site is wrong, but he depends on people emailing information to him to use on his site, not current first hand experience.

I suppose you could wade out into the ocean to get around some of the rocky areas preventing full end to end, beach to beach access, but if you try it at the wrong time...high tide...maybe with strong currents that day, you're risking injury or worse.

That's typical of the type of advice from this website that makes me cringe. As I've mentioned in the past, the site is run by someone who lives in India...not that he hasn't been to Bermuda and not that everything on the site is wrong, but he depends on people emailing information to him to use on his site, not current first hand experience.

I suppose you could wade out into the ocean to get around some of the rocky areas preventing full end to end, beach to beach access, but if you try it at the wrong time...high tide...maybe with strong currents that day, you're risking injury or worse.

I so agree...when you are actually there and see the size of the rock outcroppings, it is crazy to even think you can wade or swim between all the beaches. Between Chaplin and Stonehole you can walk the beach, correct NJHorseman? That website does have some great information but with everything on the Internet you have to be cautious!

Lauri

I know you don't like this site ;). And as I also said before, I don't believe everything on every site is correct. I do appreciate when you correct the info so our "friends" here on CC are not misguided.

I so agree...when you are actually there and see the size of the rock outcroppings, it is crazy to even think you can wade or swim between all the beaches. Between Chaplin and Stonehole you can walk the beach, correct NJHorseman? That website does have some great information but with everything on the Internet you have to be cautious!

Lauri

Honestly, I don't remember where the obstructions are and where it's walkable...I just remember that there are areas where you definitely can't walk along the beach to get from one to the other.

I know you don't like this site ;). And as I also said before, I don't believe everything on every site is correct. I do appreciate when you correct the info so our "friends" here on CC are not misguided.

While I use the site, I try to restrict my use to confirming my own recollections about things I may not have done or seen in a long time, making my memory of them fuzzy and unreliable. (Come to think of it these days my memory is fuzzy and unreliable about most everything. ;) )

I like to use the bermuda-online.org website as a reference. It's authored and edited by a Bermudian, and owned by Bermuda's daily newspaper, The Royal Gazette . http://www.bermuda-online.org/aboutus.htm .

While I use the site, I try to restrict my use to confirming my own recollections about things I may not have done or seen in a long time, making my memory of them fuzzy and unreliable. (Come to think of it these days my memory is fuzzy and unreliable about most everything. ;) )

Yes, it's fine for someone who already knows pretty much about Bermuda but questionable for someone who is relatively new looking for information.

I like to use the bermuda-online.org website as a reference. It's authored and edited by a Bermudian, and owned by Bermuda's daily newspaper, The Royal Gazette . http://www.bermuda-online.org/aboutus.htm .

Agree

I'm on the Celebrity Summit May 10th cruise and have a web site for my fellow cruisers. Would you mind if I added this table to my web site for their use?

Thanks,

Monica

If you use sebas030's table, keep in mind it's only last year's data...not the long term averages. If you look carefully at the "Departure from Norm." line in the chart you'll see that air temperature was colder than average, average daily precipitation was greater than normal, and sea surface temperature was higher than average.

Edited by njhorseman

I'm on the Celebrity Summit May 10th cruise and have a web site for my fellow cruisers. Would you mind if I added this table to my web site for their use?

Thanks,

Monica

Hi Monica,

Go to : weather.bm

Then on the left click on : climate data

Then click on: retrieve report for...( choose the months and year you want...do a report for a few years if you want an average )

Once the page opens, click on : chart 1 in the top of the page....then this table opens.

This should do the trick...

Or use my post as a reference if you want !

Have fun !

How is weather enroute there? I'm used to Bahamas itineraries from NY and the sun is blaring day two at sea. How is it to Bermuda from NY in May while at sea? Still pool weather?

Of course May 1st and May 31st are totally different...but the short answer is YES it's pool weather....

Long answer is....well you know how it can differ from one week to the other....

The Bermuda route is so great....can't wait for the next time around !!!