Question about the Diamong & Diamond + Lounges on board the Grandeur

DJLDRUMS

As with many of the ships when there's too many D & D+ cruisers to enjoy the 5:00-8:00pm benefits they open up one of the Lounges for the overflow for the duration of the cruise.

We will be on the January 6th sailing and would like to hear from any recent D & D+ passengers. Which Lounges do they put the D & D+ overflow people when they know they will have more than what the room can handle.

Thanks to all in advance who reply to my question.

As with many of the ships when there's too many D & D+ cruisers to enjoy the 5:00-8:00pm benefits they open up one of the Lounges for the overflow for the duration of the cruise.

We will be on the January 6th sailing and would like to hear from any recent D & D+ passengers. Which Lounges do they put the D & D+ overflow people when they know they will have more than what the room can handle.

Viking Crown if they don't just go right to the vouchers for D members

Have you joined the Roll Call?

The Diamond Lounge on Grandeur is located adjacent to the South Pacific Lounge. Overflow seating is just outside the DL. D+ also use the Concierge Lounge located in the Viking Crown. Overflow there extends into the Viking Crown. Drink vouchers for D and D+ seem to have lessened any crowding as they provide flexibility for socializing with friends who may not be Diamond. Plus you may carry a drink into dinner.

We love the Grandeur! Now we need to sign up for the 1/6 Meet and Mingle.

The Diamond Lounge on Grandeur is located adjacent to the South Pacific Lounge. Overflow seating is just outside the DL. D+ also use the Concierge Lounge located in the Viking Crown. Overflow there extends into the Viking Crown. Drink vouchers for D and D+ seem to have lessened any crowding as they provide flexibility for socializing with friends who may not be Diamond. Plus you may carry a drink into dinner.

We love the Grandeur! Now we need to sign up for the 1/6 Meet and Mingle.

This will be our first time on an RCI cruise is a VERY long time. We like the smaller ships and thought the GOS would be a good fit for us. We are Diamond on RCI and are looking forward to this cruise!

Hi, we will be on the Jan. 6th cruise as well, and were on the New England cruise in September. Spillover from the Diamond group seemed to be handled in the adjacent South Pacific area well, and we never had an issue.

By the way, make sure to bring mosquito repellant on the Caribbean trip. The CDC is still cautioning people about Chickungunya virus in the area spread by bites. Prevention of bites is the best and only "therapy." Google it and check the CDC FAQs. I'm sure this will be mentioned on board at some point, but there could be a run on repellant then.

Hi, we will be on the Jan. 6th cruise as well, and were on the New England cruise in September. Spillover from the Diamond group seemed to be handled in the adjacent South Pacific area well, and we never had an issue.

By the way, make sure to bring mosquito repellant on the Caribbean trip. The CDC is still cautioning people about Chickungunya virus in the area spread by bites. Prevention of bites is the best and only "therapy." Google it and check the CDC FAQs. I'm sure this will be mentioned on board at some point, but there could be a run on repellant then.

We just got off a Celebrity ship to the Eastern/ Southern Caribbean in November. There was no mention of Chickungunya.

Edited by jimandtoni

Viking Crown if they don't just go right to the vouchers for D members

I think it would me great if they went totally to the voucher system for dia, dia+ and Pin. increase the amount and allow the card to be used anytime during the day. no more crowded lounges. remember this is MY OPINION.

We just got off a Celebrity ship to the Eastern/ Southern Caribbean in November. There was no mention of Chickungunya.

Here is/are CDC links

http://www.cdc.gov/chikungunya/geo/caribbean.html

http://www.webmd.com/news/20141106/mosquito-borne-chikungunya-virus-still-a-concern-for-american-travelers-cdc

I don't think there is cause for alarm, but some sensible precautions are probably in order. I hope that the venues that most of us visit are using some insecticide spraying programs to lessen the likelihood of spread. I hope that anyone interested will read the many articles available on the internet, some by CDC, and draw their own conclusions. I don't plan to lose sleep over this, but I will try to be cautious and try to avoid being mosquito bitten.

Grandeur uses the Pacific Lounge where the DL is located. They just open the door to the DL and rope off the back of the lounge near the windows. They also set up an additional table of appetizers.

They use the VC for the CL overflow.

We were on GR twice this year and we were overflowed into the Pacific Lounge on both trips. Our last trip made us D+ so we haven't been in the CL on GR, but there is an additional area in the VC that was roped off for CL overflow.

Edited by BND

I still think Royal introduced the vouchers to stop all the need for overflow lounges. Too much space is being taken up that could be revenue producing.

I have a feeling with all the D numbers in the C&A program-this may be a change that is soon to come and vouchers will be the D perk.

I still think Royal introduced the vouchers to stop all the need for overflow lounges. Too much space is being taken up that could be revenue producing.

I have a feeling with all the D numbers in the C&A program-this may be a change that is soon to come and vouchers will be the D perk.

When I was on the Grandeur in May, I don't recall there being much of a crowd in the South Pacific Lounge, so the overflow from the Diamond Lounge would not have taken away any revenue. That said, I was always there before the early seating, not later in the cocktail time. Maybe it is busier then, don't know.

This will be our 3rd time on the Grandeur and although the DL and overflow area in the Pacific lounge are always well attended, we never had an issue finding seats for the four of us. Festivities that are scheduled in the PL generally occurred right after Diamond "happy hour." The only inconvenience is occasionally having to walk out of the DL against some traffic coming into PL. Vouchers are fine, but reduce some of the festive atmosphere of the DL experience, in my opinion.