The Ultimate Beverage Package- Getaway

noddingheadgirl

Hi everyone,

My fiancé and I are planning on booking the Getaway in October for our honeymoon and take advantage of the UBP promo.

I've been reading thru the forums and trying to understand what drinks are allowed, and I understand it to be glasses of wine $10 and under but for mixed drinks, how does that work?

I favor having a jack and coke --- would Jack Daniels be covered? How much is a single Jack and coke vs a double? What about Crown on the rocks?

Is there a pricing list of the mixed drinks they serve and what's the $ limit for mixed drinks with the plan? Do you tip in addition or is that covered even though you're receiving the plan for free??

Thanks! Trying to understand it the best I can--I know we are going to do it anyway cause it's a great deal with the promo, but I want to be able to utilize it.

We were on the Getaway during Thannksgiving week and my daughter and her boyfriend had the UDP. They didn't have any issues with the drink prices at all. I think if you just order wine by the glass and frozen drinks and cocktails you should be fine. :)

The Terms and Conditions of the UBP are on NCL.com. Lots of info.

http://www.ncl.com/promo/ultimate-beverage-package/terms

I read that too-- but since it says anything over $10 isn't included, I didn't know how much a jack and coke was exactly... hoping it isn't but there's usually a price jump for a single vs. double.

I read that too-- but since it says anything over $10 isn't included, I didn't know how much a jack and coke was exactly... hoping it isn't but there's usually a price jump for a single vs. double.

You can't order doubles w/ UBP -- well you're not supposed to anyway.

If you like a jack/coke, step it up to Makers Mark... which is included. You won't need doubles!

You can't order doubles w/ UBP -- well you're not supposed to anyway.

If you like a jack/coke, step it up to Makers Mark... which is included. You won't need doubles!

What vodkas are icluded. We like gray goose, chopin and belvedere

is there a list somewhere of all the different types of alcohol included? probably would make it easier??

It's not that hard. Pretty much all regular mixed drinks and alcohol are included except for alcohol that normally would be considered super expensive stuff on land. If it's a few bucks more you can pay the difference if you want. If there's any doubt just ask the bartender and he'll let you know if it's cool.

Easy peasy.

It's not that hard. Pretty much all regular mixed drinks and alcohol are included except for alcohol that normally would be considered super expensive stuff on land. If it's a few bucks more you can pay the difference if you want. If there's any doubt just ask the bartender and he'll let you know if it's cool.

Easy peasy.

I don't believe this is true statement. :confused:

Easy peasy.

While most drinks are included, you can't just pay the difference. You will be charged for that drink.

While most drinks are included, you can't just pay the difference. You will be charged for that drink.

Have you experienced that? I just read a thread not too long ago that said you could. If I was passing along wrong info I stand corrected with humble apologies.

No... not true.

Jack and Coke is def included. Think it was about $8 or $9 with the tip added on. I was on the Epic a few weeks ago and we had the UBP. I was hard pressed to find anything not included in the UBP. And believe me...we drank A LOT. You don't get to see the tally add up anymore, though, but we more than got our money's worth. The UBP promo is outstanding - worth over $800 for 2 people! You will love it! So nice just ordering whatever you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When I got the package back in October, the passenger in front of me asked the lady who was selling the package " what happens if I get a drink over 10$ ? " and she answered " you only pay the amount over 10$ "

This was Ncl's staff, at the counter where we were buying the package...

Is it true ? I dont know because I didn't buy any drinks over 10$.

Is this new policy ? Maybe !

If it is not true and Ncl's staff are not well informed, can you imagine how wrong these boards can be at times...

Would love to have an actual fact from someone who paid only the extra...or the whole drink...over 10$

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

When I got the package back in October, the passenger in front of me asked the lady who was selling the package " what happens if I get a drink over 10$ ? " and she answered " you only pay the amount over 10$ "

This was Ncl's staff, at the counter where we were buying the package...

Is it true ? I dont know because I didn't buy any drinks over 10$.

Is this new policy ? Maybe !

If it is not true and Ncl's staff are not well informed, can you imagine how wrong these boards can be at times...

Would love to have an actual fact from someone who paid only the extra...or the whole drink...over 10$

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Read posts #16 - #20. The person selling the package is probably not part of the bar staff thus not really knowing what the rules are.

Edited by Beaver1975