Is it just me re: Balcony sizes on Regal Princess deck plans

shutterbug63

Was poking around on Princess's website this morning and it seems like the deck plans for Regal no longer include balcony sizes. We're booked in L106 in March...deck plans used to say 345 s.f. for the cabin size including a 144 s.f balcony. Now it just says 345 s.f. with no indication of balcony size. Also seems like on that cabin they've removed the wording about balcony access being limited while ship is at sea (although we all know it isn't).

Anyway, I found it interesting. Just posting in case it's of interest to others.

Edited by shutterbug63

I think their ashamed to advertize the actual size, risking people not booking, and rather have you actually arrive on the ship after it's to late to do much about it. I knew that they were small & still booked a balcony but if there is a next time it'll be an inside room for us.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Was poking around on Princess's website this morning and it seems like the deck plans for Regal no longer include balcony sizes. We're booked in L106 in March...deck plans used to say 345 s.f. for the cabin size including a 144 s.f balcony. Now it just says 345 s.f. with no indication of balcony size. Also seems like on that cabin they've removed the wording about balcony access being limited while ship is at sea (although we all know it isn't).

Anyway, I found it interesting. Just posting in case it's of interest to others.

Most balconies on the Regal and Royal are 9'x4' (36 sq feet and not very suitable for lounging), but there are a few exceptions and your cabin is one of them. Your cabin L106 has a forward facing balcony which is probably around 9'x9'. Since it is a forward facing cabin it may not be very usable while the ship is in motion.

Most balconies on the Regal and Royal are 9'x4' (36 sq feet and not very suitable for lounging), but there are a few exceptions and your cabin is one of them. Your cabin L106 has a forward facing balcony which is probably around 9'x9'. Since it is a forward facing cabin it may not be very usable while the ship is in motion.

Yep. I know. And the balcony is actually 11 X 13. When I was trying to decide on which cabin to book, I got a Princess rep on the phone who had access to the actual measurements of that particular cabin. I've read some posts that say wind is an issue but just as many saying it's not. Taking the chance anyway. I can't deal with a 36 s.f balcony or, the alternative, a lack of privacy (angled balconies under seawalk or seaview bar), or soot on an aft.

• 6 months later...

Hi, does anyone know about Balcony B704 on the Regal Princess? With so much out there, I don't know where to begin. It looks fine to us...Not far from aft elevator. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Much obliged. Safe sails to you all.

We had an angled balcony on the Royal, two or three decks down from the Seawalk, and found the balcony wonderful! Sure, there were one or two people that looked down to see what they could, but for the most part, the other passengers couldn't be bothered. I would easily book that cabin again in a heartbeat! :cool: It was worth it!

Please consider posting your cabin reviews at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2233606.

Balcony size is one of the items of interest.

The data from the reviews is transcribed to a searchable spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1iJDFCtotsFNUvSNFzZ3LXomW95WX7R0svO7JhGRBvpo/edit?usp=sharing.

We had an angled balcony on the Royal, two or three decks down from the Seawalk, and found the balcony wonderful! Sure, there were one or two people that looked down to see what they could, but for the most part, the other passengers couldn't be bothered. I would easily book that cabin again in a heartbeat! :cool: It was worth it!

990101%20025%2001.01.15%20View%20through%20SeaWalk%20opening%20DSC04443_zpshjrt4d7v.jpg

891230%20117%2012.30.14%20View%20down%20from%20SeaWalk%20deck%2016%20DSC04093_zpsaxlpzr9e.jpg