Which bahamas iteniary is good and bad?

ccleveland

Wow you guys rock!! Well I wanted to do the paradise for caribbean cruise in Feb but looks like plans might change and I might have to do a 4 day bahamas cruise. Do you guys think I should try and stick with the 5 day western caribbean cruise (cozmel and grand cYman Islands been to both) or just do the 4 or 5 day bahamas cruise on the fascination or fantasy

I would go to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk before Freeport and Nassau

I would go to any Island before Nassau or Freeport! ;)

I did just book a steal to Freeport, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay, and won't be doing anything anywhere except Half Moon Cay.

Freeport is a dead island.

Nassau is OK for beach trips and junky t-shirts. One time and you'll never want to go back though. Kinda like Cozumel, less the attractions.

I love Grand Cayman, but dislike Cozumel (I do like Chankanaab Park though and Mayan Ruins at Tulum)

Edited by poison7fl

I would avoid Nassau and Freeport. If I found a great deal on a cruise or if the only cruise I could go on during my time off included those ports I would still go and just stay on the ship.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'll take Freeport before I take Nassau. What an overcrowded dump!

OP: Nassau is unfortunately a necessary evil on short Bahamas cruises. As others have said, at least try to find an itinerary that goes to Half Moon Cay as well.

Ya im looking at a cozmel and grand cayman islands on paradise or maybe the cormel and progresso off the elation. I might just might try royal caribbean only because i have been to cozmel 2 times and this cruise is strictly just to get away and not really do any excursions so maybe trying royal will be fun? I heard carnival is much better though :) Any opinions on what i mentioned? :(

Ya im looking at a cozmel and grand cayman islands on paradise or maybe the cormel and progresso off the elation. I might just might try royal caribbean only because i have been to cozmel 2 times and this cruise is strictly just to get away and not really do any excursions so maybe trying royal will be fun? I heard carnival is much better though :) Any opinions on what i mentioned? :(

Nothing wrong with giving RCCL a try

Carnival is MUCH better IMO. I would avoid the Elation itinerary. Cozumel is great but Progresso is a dump! I would stick with the Paradise as Grand Cayman and Cozumel are both great. Stay away from Freeport and Progresso!

Edited by cruiser fanatic

I heard carnival is much better though :)

It depends on who you ask and on which board you ask. While I wouldn't turn down a Canival cruise, if given the option I would pick Royal. I consider them to be a few notches better than Carnival. Our last Royal cruise was actually to the Bahamas from Pt. Canaveral. Feel free to click on my review (Enchantment of the Seas) for more details and photos.

Out of Charleston on The Fantasy they do Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau. Recently added Dominican Republic, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Both are 7 days. Pretty sweet itineraries in my opinion!!

Misslucy01

I agree! I didn't know the Grand Turk, HMC & Dominion Republic itinerary was offered out of Charleston.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Out of Charleston on The Fantasy they do Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau. Recently added Dominican Republic, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk. Both are 7 days. Pretty sweet itineraries in my opinion!!

Misslucy01

Would like it better if they changed the fantasy to a conquest or even a spirit class ship