Questions re Bernards Tours.

sammy7088

Thank you so much for your feedback. Just one more question, we 're traveling with a 5 yr old granddaughter. Is it a good balance of time on bus and outside time? Or do you think it's not for small kids?

We did this in September with our three year old and he loved it. We had a lot of fun and would do it again.

Looking to book Bernard's for next month. Just wondering if the weather is horrible and we do not want to go touring, does he still charge the full price on the card? What's his cancellation policy? I can't seem to find it on his website.

Looking to book Bernard's for next month. Just wondering if the weather is horrible and we do not want to go touring, does he still charge the full price on the card? What's his cancellation policy? I can't seem to find it on his website.

Well, not a full answer to your question,

But cancellations require 8 business days notice, with the one exception of your ship not docking for some reason. When I did the deposit via PayPal, I authorized to charge $20 ($5 deposit per person x 4 people). I did not authorize, nor does his website state that they are to charge any more than that. I may be wrong, but I would think that his company charging the full amount to your card would be fraud when they do not have your explicit authorization to do so. His website clearly states that they charge a $5 deposit pp, and that the balance is payable upon beginning the tour. I do. It however, know what forms of payment he will accept for the balance. I want to say that I had read somewhere cash only, but cannot find that. I may be thinking of Godfrey in St Thomas. His FAQ page did not address the balance due.

Thinking of booking Bernard's. We are a family of 4 (all adults). How many people do they usually book on the beach/Marigot/Maho tour?

I don't know of any set number of people they book for each tour. They have multiple minivans that holds 8-10 passengers and a mini bus that held approx. 25 passengers.

Just used Bernards Tours in Oct Can't go wrong booking this tour Spent about 2 hrs at Orient Beach Beautiful beach

Had Mailman as our guide Great job learned alot had alot of fun

For the price you can't go wrong

Best way to see both countries

Had pre booked tour on line with $5 deposit Pick you right up at the pier, remainder of balance is paid before you leave

Had mini bus full comfortable the entire time

I don't know of any set number of people they book for each tour. They have multiple minivans that holds 8-10 passengers and a mini bus that held approx. 25 passengers.

I know Bernard personally, and a couple years ago we were chatting at Pedro's and the question came up.

Bernard told me that that day he had seven vehicles rolling, including two busses (that looked like they would hold more than 25).

gary

I know Bernard personally, and a couple years ago we were chatting at Pedro's and the question came up.

Bernard told me that that day he had seven vehicles rolling, including two busses (that looked like they would hold more than 25).

gary

We were just on the minibus in January and I can't see it holding more than 30 people, but I could be wrong, was not aware of a second bus. We'll be seeing Bernard again in a few week and I'll confirm the seat capacity.

I understand you have to pay 90 dollars per person if you are not a part of a group or is there a way to pay 45 even if you are alone?

They way I read it on the web site is that you only pay $90 if you are booking a private tour, ie not a standard bus tour.

Do you know how you can book it for 45 dollars?

Their website indicates:

Private Tours after you submit your form, please confirm your reservation with a $90 deposit through Pay Pal or Credit Card

THANK YOU.

Booking for 1 people for tour 2 is $45 pp. which will give you beach time on Orient beach. Tour 1 is $40 and does not go to Orient Beach. Both tours go to Maho Beach. You can book using their website below.

http://www.bernardstours.com/

We just did our second tour with Bernards Tours. We chose Tour 2 and went to Orient Beach, Maho Beach, Serafinas, and a short stop to visit the Iguanas. Also we had a few other stops for pictures....Well worth the $45.00 per person!

We have emailed Bernard's tours but not heard back yet:(

OK so we're not going until September so no real rush :o but would be nice to know if he can accommodate us.

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get an email response?

We have emailed Bernard's tours but not heard back yet:(

OK so we're not going until September so no real rush :o but would be nice to know if he can accommodate us.

Anyone know how long it normally takes to get an email response?

About 2-3 days is what I experienced

We also booked with Bernards. My question/concern is that my DH has health issues and does not deal with the heat well. He is fully mobile. Should I e-mail Bernard a week or so before to make sure that they can accommodate him? The main thing he would need is a vehicle that is well air conditioned, access to bathrooms, and maybe a cool place to go while I lay on the beach for whatever time we are allotted. I am a beach person - he is not!

Another very real possibility is that he might not be feeling good the day of the tour, and not be able to go. If we can't e-mail/call him to cancel, what do we do? If I go without DH, would I be safe to go on the group tour by myself?

BTW, DH would NEVER admit that he might need help - apparently, that is my job! :rolleyes:

TIA!