Questions re Bernards Tours.

sammy7088

Info on the #2 tour says you will be at Maho about 40. Seems to me we were there a bit longer than that.

We saw quite a few planes come and go when we were there, but none were large planes. My husband was a little disappointed with that, but he still enjoyed the time there and got many photos.

That stop really wasn't my thing, after the first plane or 2, I was done. The area was very crowded. It was interesting seeing a few people get blasted at the fence from the planes landing.

We were still very satisfied with the tour and the price.

Info on the #2 tour says you will be at Maho about 40. Seems to me we were there a bit longer than that.

We saw quite a few planes come and go when we were there, but none were large planes. My husband was a little disappointed with that, but he still enjoyed the time there and got many photos.

That stop really wasn't my thing, after the first plane or 2, I was done. The area was very crowded. It was interesting seeing a few people get blasted at the fence from the planes landing.

We were still very satisfied with the tour and the price.

cool. seems to be the consensus is you get to see the sights but not spend too much time at maho. hate to skip out on this tour but am afraid we will miss what we really wanted to see the most. it'd be like going to an amusement park and the ride you really wanted to try is busted.

It's absolutely kid friendly. Where we stopped at Orient Beach is topless. The dividing line between the topless and nude is where the vehicle turned around, at this point we did get a quick peek at a couple of nude men.

• 3 weeks later...
So did anyone have a problem using credit card to pay the balance on the day of the tour? Thank you

No problem at all. Bernard handled everything very professionally. Mailman is one great guide, so hopefully you'll get him as your driver.

• 2 weeks later...

Could anyone tell me if you book the private tour, are you able to choose how long you stay at Maho Beach? This is a priority for us as well. Do you basically get to pick what to do the whole day?

Thanks so much!

On our private tour we had absolute control over destinations and length of stops.

We did have to cut short our Maho stay, though, as there were reports of traffic problems heading back to the port.

Made it back in plenty of time.

gary

On our private tour we had absolute control over destinations and length of stops.

We did have to cut short our Maho stay, though, as there were reports of traffic problems heading back to the port.

Made it back in plenty of time.

gary

We are really considering a private tour over tour 2 now, not so keen on Orient Bay, I like the look of mullet bay and La Galion as well as Maho beach. Also a visit to marigot too. Hoping this is all do-able

Did you tell them where you wanted to go on the day for the private tour or did you email across what you wanted to do?

We are really considering a private tour over tour 2 now, not so keen on Orient Bay, I like the look of mullet bay and La Galion as well as Maho beach. Also a visit to marigot too. Hoping this is all do-able

Did you tell them where you wanted to go on the day for the private tour or did you email across what you wanted to do?

winniesbestm,

Both.

General plans worked out by e-mail and then details finalized when Bernard met us.

gary

• 3 weeks later...
winniesbestm,

Both.

General plans worked out by e-mail and then details finalized when Bernard met us.

gary

I just booked a private tour today with Bernard. I believe it is a maximum of 6 hrs. With Oasis getting in at 8:00 a.m., we arranged to start our tour at 8:30. Thinking of making Maho our last stop since reading that most planes appear between noon and 3. How long did it take to get back to your ship from Maho ? I guess the Bernard driver allows for this. Thanks. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

We had the best time on Bernard tour! We did tour # 2 and we did love Orient Beach.. beautiful! One of the best tours on our trip on Adventure! Our last stop was Maho beach.. lots of fun! I forget how long the trip was back to the boat but it wasn't too bad. They know to get you back in plenty of time. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
We had the best time on Bernard tour! We did tour # 2 and we did love Orient Beach.. beautiful! One of the best tours on our trip on Adventure! Our last stop was Maho beach.. lots of fun! I forget how long the trip was back to the boat but it wasn't too bad. They know to get you back in plenty of time. Have fun!

Tuliplvr... around what time were you at Maho? Did you get to see the planes? I too have read of a few complaints where people said they did not get to Maho Beach in time to see the planes. DH would love to see these but I'd really like to book with Bernard since he is so HIGHLY recommended. Thanks!

Edited by 2CruiseCouple

Tuliplvr... around what time were you at Maho? Did you get to see the planes? I too have read of a few complaints where people said they did not get to Maho Beach in time to see the planes. DH would love to see these but I'd really like to book with Bernard since he is so HIGHLY recommended. Thanks!

Currently on Oasis and docked at Costa Maya. Had a private tour booked with Bernard to specifically control our times and places to visit and particularly looking forward to Maho and the aircraft.....but....better safe then sorry and missed it due to the rerouting caused by the hurricane. Bernard refunded my deposit via paypal by Monday. AAA&&& for him. Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

We got there maybe around 1:30-1:45 and we were there to see several planes a little before 2. It was so awesome! We even were lucky enough to see one take off.

• 1 month later...

Same here on Orient beach. Does he ever go to another beach on the public tour?

Upon looking at his tours we are favoring tour 1 and it goes from 9am til 2:30pm, will there be someplace to get a quick lunch on this tour?;)

We did tour 2 which had a shorter stop in Marigot and we were able to get lunch. I think tour 1 has a longer stop there so you should have plenty of time to eat.