Police/Fire/EMS Discount

Hi guys.

I am a retired police officer in Australia. Wondering if I would be eligible for any discount with any future cruise with RCI.??????????

Cheers Bob.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=321&faqSubjectName=Special+Cruise+Pricing&faqId=2699

Yes for 12/6. I upgraded to a PR cabin for only $6 extra

Please do a review!! I love reading your reviews, and I'm in a PR on Freedom after you! So I'd love to hear your thought on it!!

Fabulous. I am just slightly paranoid. Thanks [emoji4] so no one has ever had to provide proof that they qualify for the discount?

Not for this discount, I did get a residency discount once and we had to show ID for that. It wouldn't hurt to have a credit card to charge the difference just in case, but from what others have said ,you should be good.

Are you sure a private ambulance service qualifies? I have no idea, just throwing it out there.

I qualify for the law enforcement discount even though I am female and sixty-two. I have used the discount three times and never been asked for proof.

What the heck does that mean, even thought you are a female and sixty two - what an absurd thing to say?

I am LEO and sixty and why should it matter what sex or age you are. If it did matter upon check-in, someone would be in big trouble.

I was asked upon my first discount years ago, and as far as I know its now on file. I always travel with my credentials.

Not for this discount, I did get a residency discount once and we had to show ID for that. It wouldn't hurt to have a credit card to charge the difference just in case, but from what others have said ,you should be good.

Are you sure a private ambulance service qualifies? I have no idea, just throwing it out there.

It says must be employed or retired from a state or local agency. Since we are a local agency..... And I'm not bringing a credit card for the difference. I don't own credit cards lol. I figure with my badge, pay stub, and license there is no doubt. And if they REALLY want to verify they can call my employer and speak to a supervisor.

What the heck does that mean, even thought you are a female and sixty two - what an absurd thing to say?

I am LEO and sixty and why should it matter what sex or age you are. If it did matter upon check-in, someone would be in big trouble.

I was asked upon my first discount years ago, and as far as I know its now on file. I always travel with my credentials.

Maybe because she is not typically what one would expect an LEO to be. Even on the phone when I was moving cabins the person who helped me (my normal TA was gone for the day) thought it was the male I'm traveling with not me, the female, who qualified.

SunshineCruiser24 had the perfect response for this comment. A vision of me is not what usually comes to mind when most people think about "law enforcement". I believe that employees responsible for checking in passengers would/should be trained to spot improbable situations and automatically question my qualification for the law enforcement rate. Not an "absurd thing to say", at all.

I will be 62 when cruising on Allure in March and got a better fare with the retired law enforcement discount vs the BOGOHO sale!:p I, too, carry my retired law enforcement credentials when travelling. Never had an opportunity to use this discount until now, so will be interested to see if they ask me for it!:rolleyes: My reservation does say to bring it with me.