Back after several years. Happy Hours?

dcsam

We haven't cruised with Princess in several years. But we just booked a cruise aboard the Star for mid-February. We are Platinum members, and I read something about a lounge that offers a Happy Hour??? Hubby doesn't drink, but I enjoy a glass of wine (or two ;-) prior to dinner. What does a glass of wine cost? I also enjoy bringing a glass of wine back to the cabin to enjoy while getting ready for dinner.

Thank you.

We haven't cruised with Princess in several years. But we just booked a cruise aboard the Star for mid-February. We are Platinum members, and I read something about a lounge that offers a Happy Hour??? Hubby doesn't drink, but I enjoy a glass of wine (or two ;-) prior to dinner. What does a glass of wine cost? I also enjoy bringing a glass of wine back to the cabin to enjoy while getting ready for dinner.

Thank you.

Platinum/Elite/Suite Lounge open each night from 5 'til 7 with a selection of appetizers and a selection of drinks for $5. This in normally held in Skywalker's. You will receive a card in your cabin that tells you the special appetizers and drink for each day.

Happy hours also may be at some bars in the afternoon, maybe 3pm to 4pm, check at the bars.

You are permitted to carry on one 750ml bottle of wine per adult without charge. So if you like wine in your cabin this is the route to take. Additional bottles have a $15 corkage fee.

We went to the Happy Hour onboard the Grand almost every day on our last sailing. Any drink you wanted was buy one get one free. We would often choose Korbel wine splits, as they would leave one bottle unopened and we could take it back to our cabin and enjoy it there. The Happy Hour on the Grand was at the Wheelhouse Bar every day from 3pm-4pm.

We were on the Star in November. Happy hour for platinum and elite was at 5:00 PM in Skywalkers with a $5 drink that changed every day and snacks.

They had a happy hour for any pax from 3:00 to 4:00 in the Explorer Lounge every day. The happy hour was any drink available 2 for 1 price. The drinks were regular price but with 2 for 1 you get two for the price on one drink or half off each of the two drinks. They have to be the same drink.

Great info. Thank you. I'm not into the sweet, mixed drinks. So I'm liking the sound of the regular happy hour. No problem bringing bar drinks back to the cabin?

Is the nightly past passenger reception worth going to?

Great info. Thank you. I'm not into the sweet, mixed drinks. So I'm liking the sound of the regular happy hour. No problem bringing bar drinks back to the cabin?

I haven't much attended the Platinum / Elite lounge for their happy hour -- last time there was no service -- nobody would come over to our table in over 30 minutes. Plus, the last time I had gone it was just a very limited number of drinks -- none of which were impressive to me. I do like the snacks they serve, though.

For the mid-day happy hour, ours being on the Crown, it was in the Wheelhouse bar from 3-4 every day and CROWDED by 3:05. They put on a LOT of extra help though. The drinks offered are 2 for 1 and the drink does have to be under $10. A decent glass of wine (not premium but very decent) is $8 plus gratuity -- so 2 for $8 during this happy hour.

To the post that asked, it is a split of Korbel sparkling wine (I don't think they actually have champagne available in the splits). This, canned sodas and the beers are the only drinks I am aware of that they have where you can take them out unopened. You can purchase all the drinks offered with you as it gets crowded in the wheelhouse.

• 1 month later...

It used to be, as they were allowing any of the drinks of the week for $5, now depending on the ship as they are changing policy to only one choice, no worth going anymore. You can go to any bar or bring your own.

It used to be, as they were allowing any of the drinks of the week for $5, now depending on the ship as they are changing policy to only one choice, no worth going anymore. You can go to any bar or bring your own.

Depends on the day and the drink of the day. Also, when we on the Regal they had the 2for1 deal early (Crooners Lounge) and late (Club 6). Check the Patter daily to see what is available to everyone and check the private invitation if you are Platinum or above for the private event daily.

Stay thirsty my friend.....:cool: