walking?

lb0456

On our recent (October) port stop we opted for a tour (private company) which was right outside the terminal door easy to spot and hop on..It was $20.00pp and was a 3 1/2 hour tour of the island which included the light house & rock formations etc..then upon return to the terminal we walked the port area for lot's of shopping...this filled our day easily...Enjoy !!

If you like to walk, Reflextions Beach Club is about a mile's walk on the linear park. :)

We did this in December. It seemed like more than a mile, though, probably because we walked quite a ways past Reflexion--there is no sign, just a big white building. We finally turned around a found it.

Alert! If you get to the airport it is too far!

We did this in December. It seemed like more than a mile, though, probably because we walked quite a ways past Reflexion--there is no sign, just a big white building. We finally turned around a found it.

Alert! If you get to the airport it is too far!

Oh my ;) I hope you ate dessert that night after walking off all those calories. :)

Oh my ;) I hope you ate dessert that night after walking off all those calories. :)

Of course I have dessert--every night! But, even though we do several miles a day of walking and active excursions, I still gain weight. Too much food around!

That sounds just what I would like to do.

Thanks for any infor.

On our recent (October) port stop we opted for a tour (private company) which was right outside the terminal door easy to spot and hop on..It was $20.00pp and was a 3 1/2 hour tour of the island which included the light house & rock formations etc..then upon return to the terminal we walked the port area for lot's of shopping...this filled our day easily...Enjoy !!

That sounds just what I would like to do.

Thanks for any infor.

No can't remember..but they all had on blue shirts and were easy to spot...before exiting the terminal we stopped at the information desk and asked about an island tour and they told us to just go outside the doors ...very easy to find them...they actually will find you as you walk out and will show you a map of where they go.... Avoid the open air bus tours (party type) we ended up at the rock formations at the same time they did and they all looked HOT and partied out already due to the HEAT..Ours was on a very new large air conditioned bus $20.00pp..Enjoy !!!

Edited by Ashland

Just know that if you arrange a private taxi tour in advance, you will be one on one with your driver and you would be able to customize your tour stops.

4 people can take a 2 hour tour in a taxi for $22.50 per person. :)

Still too expensive? Get together with folks in your roll call. The rate is $45 an hour for up to a maximum of 5 people.

That of course does not include a tip, but I am assuming that the $20 bus tour doesn't include a tip either. ;)

Arubalisa,

Do you arrange a private cab ahead of time ot just outside the gate? What is the suggested tip amount or what is expected?

Thanks

I would arrange the tour ahead of time so that the driver knows what you would like to see.

There is a lot of info in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=606744

Sorry, like rental cars ;), I don't make recommendations, but for tipping I would say give what you feel is fair and deserving. ;)