second dinner?

Remus2010

By the time you get done dinner it will be close to 7pm. I will bet that no way in hell will you be able to sit through another dinner by 9pm.

But friends went to aNYtime for their meal-- then went back about 9pm for the dessert. (i think this is rude because it took away a seating for someone else)

The buffet serves the same food as the dining room- minus a few things.

Besides sitting through another table service meal will take away from some show-- or some lounge or something happening

I might agree with you...IF the second visit was during the popular dinner hours. But I highly doubt the ATD room is at capacity at 9 pm - so it is not likely that they "took away seating for someone else". :rolleyes:

By the time you get done dinner it will be close to 7pm. I will bet that no way in hell will you be able to sit through another dinner by 9pm.

But friends went to aNYtime for their meal-- then went back about 9pm for the dessert. (i think this is rude because it took away a seating for someone else)

The buffet serves the same food as the dining room- minus a few things.

Besides sitting through another table service meal will take away from some show-- or some lounge or something happening

I certainly wouldn't want to miss the show because i went back for a second meal, especially on the night they have the Hasbro show.:p

Bill

I might agree with you...IF the second visit was during the popular dinner hours. But I highly doubt the ATD room is at capacity at 9 pm - so it is not likely that they "took away seating for someone else". :rolleyes:

Have you ever looked in there at 9pm.. Its not full like at 6:30 buy boy a lot of people are eating at 9pm.

I tried it on our first cruise and boy was it rough-- eating, then seeing the show and trying to sleep with all that heavy food just laying there-- argh.

I dont know how they do that

I'm not sure about an entire meal, but my husband and I have eaten in the dining room two different times in the same night with ATD.

We finished our meal and were both stuffed, didn't have room or desire for dessert. Later in the evening we wanted something sweet and said how great WCMC would be. We went back to see if they would let us just have dessert. We didn't even have to discuss it with them, they just asked if we were a party of 2 and seated us. The waiter came over and started his normal service procedures. We explained that we had already eaten but would just like dessert.

It was there quickly and we made note to do this more often!

This is what I was thinking! This would be perfect!! I'm glad to know it's possible.

I almost always go to brunch for both breakfast (as soon as they open) and then again for lunch just before they close. But while they may not turn you away for dinner at ATD, they don't plan on having people return.

• 2 weeks later...
The nuances here are that at ATD, folio numbers are taken so your gratuities can be allocated to those servers. At brunch, open seating breakfast or lunch, those servers are not getting a portion of YOUR specific gratuities. I believe the brunch, open breakfast and lunch servers are working for no tips for everyone who has pulled their gratuities or " prefer to tip just those who provide a direct service" since I have never ever seen anyone tip at breakfast, lunch or brunch.

WRONG. What if you only eat in the lido; no one taking a number there! The tips are pooled, period.

Anyway, you can go back to the dining room on Carnival. They are happy to serve you again if you wsh.