second dinner?

Remus2010

Please don't flame me :D Not that I plan on doing this, but just wondering. With your time dinning, if you go to dinner at say, 5:45 and then go back at 8:45 for second dinner, will they turn you away? I know with the early/late seating dinner you cannot do both. Again, my husband and I were just talking about it at dinner and just got to wondering.

Please don't flame me :D Not that I plan on doing this, but just wondering. With your time dinning, if you go to dinner at say, 5:45 and then go back at 8:45 for second dinner, will they turn you away? I know with the early/late seating dinner you cannot do both. Again, my husband and I were just talking about it at dinner and just got to wondering.

Yes, they will turn you away because someone else will be sitting at the table you were at earlier in the evening.

They have never taken our cabin number. They just glanced at the card to see anytime.

The wait staff are not credited with their tip without being given your cabin number. Somewhere along the way someone in your party must have given your cabin number to the staff in the ATD room.

Edited by sanmarcosman

My sister and I went to the dining room twice on our cruise. Albeit the first was for dinner (we had anytime dining) and we wanted more dessert later so we asked if we could come back. It was approx 2 hours later. They had no problem. We ordered another entree to split as well as the Melty Yummy Goodness chocolate cakes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure about an entire meal, but my husband and I have eaten in the dining room two different times in the same night with ATD.

We finished our meal and were both stuffed, didn't have room or desire for dessert. Later in the evening we wanted something sweet and said how great WCMC would be. We went back to see if they would let us just have dessert. We didn't even have to discuss it with them, they just asked if we were a party of 2 and seated us. The waiter came over and started his normal service procedures. We explained that we had already eaten but would just like dessert.

It was there quickly and we made note to do this more often!

They have never taken our cabin number. They just glanced at the card to see anytime. I don't think I could ever eat twice in one evening, but I know a few who could :D.

At dinner--We've had our folio number taken at times. Other times it's been our cabin number. Cabin numbers have been taken in the Miracle in October, the Imagination in December and we're just off the Inspiration today.

Breakfast/lunch/brunch it's never been taken.

Please don't flame me :D Not that I plan on doing this, but just wondering. With your time dinning, if you go to dinner at say, 5:45 and then go back at 8:45 for second dinner, will they turn you away?

No issues at all. They will let you do this no problem. If the mood (or appetite) strikes have at it!

I'm not sure about an entire meal, but my husband and I have eaten in the dining room two different times in the same night with ATD.

We finished our meal and were both stuffed, didn't have room or desire for dessert. Later in the evening we wanted something sweet and said how great WCMC would be. We went back to see if they would let us just have dessert. We didn't even have to discuss it with them, they just asked if we were a party of 2 and seated us. The waiter came over and started his normal service procedures. We explained that we had already eaten but would just like dessert.

It was there quickly and we made note to do this more often!

Good to know!

The nuances here are that at ATD, folio numbers are taken so your gratuities can be allocated to those servers. At brunch, open seating breakfast or lunch, those servers are not getting a portion of YOUR specific gratuities. I believe the brunch, open breakfast and lunch servers are working for no tips for everyone who has pulled their gratuities or " prefer to tip just those who provide a direct service" since I have never ever seen anyone tip at breakfast, lunch or brunch.

By the time you get done dinner it will be close to 7pm. I will bet that no way in hell will you be able to sit through another dinner by 9pm.

But friends went to aNYtime for their meal-- then went back about 9pm for the dessert. (i think this is rude because it took away a seating for someone else)

The buffet serves the same food as the dining room- minus a few things.

Besides sitting through another table service meal will take away from some show-- or some lounge or something happening

PS- you do not want to show up for anytime dining at 5:45 as that line is super long. The MDR opens at exactly 5:45 and all those people need to be processed then seated.. wait 15 minutes to avoid that line

Yes you can,

Some folk we met went to ATD early so they could eat quickly and early as their father was ill in the cabin.

They then told us the next day that he felt better so the accompanied him to the dining room much later and as it was supper time they ate as well.

there was approx 2-3 hours in between so possible for bigger appetites I guess.