Labadee Cabana?

I keep reading about cabanas but can't find them on the excursion tab on the website. Do they only open reservations closer to sailing?

Are the cabanas here comparable to the ones on Carnival's Half Moon Cay?

I've read people report that they reserve a Labadee cabana a year in advance. I'd keep checking the website, but the pre-cruise allocation might be gone. If you don't get one pre-cruise, try going to the Explorations desk as soon as you board. Some are held back for onboard booking.

Hello Sunshine,

Since Barefoot Beach is reserved for guests staying in a suite, they receive priority to book the cabanas. If you are not staying in suite, you will not be able to reserve it online. but anyone may book a cabana by simply showing up to the Barefoot Beach entrance and rent available cabanas. Just try to show there very early. It's a walled off area. The cabana will fit 4 to 6 ppl. Service includes bottled water, but not alcohol, private buffet, snorkel gear, floating mats, chairs. The beach is secluded, but the waters are rocky, despite the beach name. Bring water shoes and enjoy! Happy sailing!

Forgot to mention that Nellie's Beach (near Barefoot beach) also has cabanas, around 15. These are slightly cheaper because don't have same level of service such as private buffet. You may try these.

I think that the Nellie's Beach cabanas are the same price as the Barefoot Beach ones.

And I think that the special buffet may be included again. On the Cruise Planner web site for a Nellie's Beach cabana, it says:

HIGHLIGHTS

• Cabana Rental: Enjoy lounge chairs, a ceiling fan, two floating beach mats, beach towels and personal cabana attendant service.
  • Meal: Upgraded lunch buffet included.

I've seen reports here that reserving Nellie's Beach cabanas through the Cruise Planner has been discontinued and as of now, people will have to book them onboard. (Those who already have them booked are grandfathered.)

Holy crap. A year?

For my last cruise in October 2014, I booked our cabana in May 2013.

I was traveling with a group and we wanted to get cabanas, so we ended up booking six of the over-the-water cabanas far in advance of the cruise to ensure that we could get them.

Hello Sunshine,

Since Barefoot Beach is reserved for guests staying in a suite, they receive priority to book the cabanas. If you are not staying in suite, you will not be able to reserve it online. but anyone may book a cabana by simply showing up to the Barefoot Beach entrance and rent available cabanas. Just try to show there very early. It's a walled off area. The cabana will fit 4 to 6 ppl. Service includes bottled water, but not alcohol, private buffet, snorkel gear, floating mats, chairs. The beach is secluded, but the waters are rocky, despite the beach name. Bring water shoes and enjoy! Happy sailing!

I thought Barefoot Beach at Labadee was sandy, not rocky.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suite Passengers to the best of my knowledge. If you are in a suite, you can email the Concierge requesting a Cabana. I believe the Concierge has complete control over the Cabanas at Barefoot beach as we have been able to reserve specific cabanas in the past.

I don't have a direct knowledge about booking cabanas on Nellies Beach, but I think you can book them online.

294189228_Labadee(5).jpg.ccc0755b9cce3509ef57dfce5b181da7.jpg

DSCF4162.jpg.88eea29ec890c59376723bb94a6a747e.jpg

Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suite Passengers to the best of my knowledge. If you are in a suite, you can email the Concierge requesting a Cabana.

It had been that non-suite passengers could also get a cabana at Barefoot Beach if one were available after being offered to suite passengers. Supposedly, priority would be given by Crown & Anchor status, but we did manage to get a Barefoot Beach cabana one a few years ago when we were lowly Platinum members by asking the Concierge to see whether one was available.

I don't know whether this is still possible or even whether there are any left over given their greater popularity in recent times.

Just got off the Oasis and had cabana in Labadee for the second time. Both times, we reserved the cabana 11 months in advance online on Nellie's beach. We paid $250 for OTW cabanas. The Buffet is supposedly no longer available to nellie's beach guests but the attendants have the bracelets and give them out. Our attendant gave us the bracelets and we ate at the barefoot beach buffet. .

On our cruise this past week, they announced that there were cabanas still available but I don't know where these were. They have built other type of "cabanas" on adrenaline and other beaches which are basically beds that are covered. I don t know the cost for these.

Barefoot Beach is reserved for Suite Passengers to the best of my knowledge. If you are in a suite, you can email the Concierge requesting a Cabana. I believe the Concierge has complete control over the Cabanas at Barefoot beach as we have been able to reserve specific cabanas in the past.

I don't have a direct knowledge about booking cabanas on Nellies Beach, but I think you can book them online.

Could you please tell me if the cabana in the picture has a number. It looks to be waterfront

We booked our over the water cabana on Nellie's last June. The price we paid was $ 277 CAD. The description said it comes with upgraded lunch. I have noticed that they are no longer showing up on the excursion page for another cruise we have booked.

Could you please tell me if the cabana in the picture has a number. It looks to be waterfront

Here is a good thread with more information. The cabana we had in my picture is B1. We have had this cabana 3-times and love it! Easy access too.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1960433