Fresh off Dream with long review and photos

shdixon

I just got off the dream as well on sunday and in Cozumel during our America's Cup Race excursion (which was AWESOME) I saw 6 ships in Cozumel that day

6?? not sure how I missed that. At least we couldnt tell because the port didnt seem overly crowded

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After that I just relaxed till dinner. Prior to dinner my sushi surprise from my husband was delivered. It was very attractive and taste good. Love the rolls with the real crab meat. The rest were ok. Its a cruise line and not a sushi restaurant so in spite of that I think they did a good job. They didn't send any soy sauce or chop sticks. Didnt care about the chop sticks but definitely had to call them back for soy sauce.

How did he order this sushi?????

Chefs table was excellent. There was only one thing i didnt like which was the beet blanket. The chef pretended we were the first to try this new menu but i knew what was on the menu by reading all of the chef table reviews on here. The chef was so nice and explained what every single thing on the plate was even the garnishment. The staff was awsome. I had to exit to use the bathroom and one of the waiter staff walked me arm and arm to the restroom on the next floor. He did not want me to fall. Our meal was served in the kitchen. At first i was like WTH but it turned out to be cool. The chef tabke was definitely worth the money. After that i didnt look forward to going back to the ships regular menu. Towards the end i was stuffed. We each received a free photo of all of us at the table

I have a question, was it really loud at the table, I have read several reviews that it was too loud to enjoy speaking with others at your table? We are sailing on the Dream in September and I want to book the Chef's table but also want to enjoy the time. Thank you in advance for your response.

Woke up and prepared myself for irie mon beach party. Didnt really have time to eat so i just went to lido to get quava orange mixed punch. Delicious, highlight of my mornings

We get off ship and sign in to begin our excursion. Only left 5 minutes after scheduled time which i think is pretty good.

Liked the whole experience. I felt safe on the beach, the few vendors were not pushy. Island music played the whole time, there were games like vollyball and musical hoola hoop. They offered massages on the beach which i thought were slightly overpriced since we were not at a resort but my husband enjoyes it. Lunch eeh. Burgers with no cheese option. Chicken, pork, rice and peas. May sound like a lot but i was just expecting something better. Kinda felt low end. Im a foodie so im always looking forward to the meal. Im kinda glad the food wasnt multiple trip worthy because i was doing chef table and didnt want to overeat.

I guess i was dissapointed because while we waited i saw men carrying large platters of food but i guess that wasnt for our group.

My husband however thought the food was excellent.

I would give the irie beach party excusrion a 4.5 and thats only because the food was slightly dissapointing. The rest of the experience was excellent. Beautiful beach, kind staff, drinks plentiful.

Was the Irie Beach Party in Montego Bay? Couldn't tell what port you were in? Sorry if you said it and I missed it.

Can anyone tell me what nights are the formal nights on the Dream? I would like to book the Steak House for one of these nights.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

It depends. I'm going on the dream in April and the elegant nights are Tuesday and Friday. However, I found out the exact dates when I emailed the steakhouse for reservations because we didn't want to book on elegant night. They will tell you if you ask.

I understand that the Dream has a sushi taste. Not a full bar, did you try that, and if so, what did you get and how was it?

Question on the big screen Did you go to any of the movies at night and how crowded was it Although i image it wouldn't be too crowded if it was cold?;)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Day 6 Cozumel

Woke up, had a very good breakfast. For the first time I saw pancakes and they had my home fries the way i like them. Good start to day.

Once off boat we walked through shops and hopped a cab to Mr. Sanchos beach club. Heard about it on the Dream FB page. $17 each way. Per car not per person. I highly recommend. For $55 per adult and $49 child you get access to an all inclusive beach club. Plenty of drinks and plenty of food. Both buffet and a la carte all included. I had to keep asking if stuff was included because I couldn't believe how much we got for so little money.. I had a Miami vice, and mango margarita, and peach daiquiri. Both delicious and with a good amount of alcohol.

There are many of places to lounge and dine. Loungers, tables with umbrellas and a large hut area where they housed the buffet

I ordered the grilled shrimp and mixed seafood ceviche. Tastes fresh and not frozen. Loved every ounce of it. Had to order it twice.

Normally when I stop at ports i never venture off. I walk around or find a senor frog or margeritaville and walk around. A couple of times in the past I took a shuttle to a beach in st. Thomas buts that's it. This is the first cruise I ventured off and glad I did. I've mentioned to people that i have been to all these island when I actually only seen the ports and surrounding areas. Moving forward I will explore more. But only after i research the safety. This was probably my favorite part of the ports. I even took a picture with an iguana. Well worth every single penny.

Later that night was the 2nd elegant night so i got to dress up again. Yaaaay. This night i had grilled shrimp and chateaubriand. Both excellent. No complaints. There was also another staff performance

Thanks for your review. Sailing on Dream in January 2016. Love your formal night dress in the pictures on this post!

• 4 months later...