Freestyle Choice...Free beverage package

Kajunswty

The Ultimate Beverage Package has been available for a while now for purchase. I believe it was introduced in early 2014 for the first time.

If two of you are in a cabin, the cost for a one week cruise for this package for the two of you is around 900 dollars with gratuity if purchased on board. (You'll save 5 dollars a day per person if you book it online ahead of time).

As part of the annual WAVE period promotions going on now until January 31, Norwegian is offering this Ultimate Beverage package for FREE for two in a cabin with any new booking of an ocean view cabin or higher, which is a great deal. No idea if this promotion will appear again, but the beverage packages for purchase are here to stay.

Edited by cliffd64

The Ultimate Beverage Package has been available for a while now for purchase. I believe it was introduced in early 2014 for the first time.

If two of you are in a cabin, the cost for a one week cruise for this package for the two of you is around 900 dollars with gratuity if purchased on board. (You'll save 5 dollars a day per person if you book it online ahead of time).

As part of the annual WAVE period promotions going on now until January 31, Norwegian is offering this Ultimate Beverage package for FREE for two in a cabin with any new booking of an ocean view cabin or higher, which is a great deal. No idea if this promotion will appear again, but the beverage packages for purchase are here to stay.

thanks for the reply....i may have misworded my question. what i meant was is this the first time they've offered Ultimate Beverage Package free as part of a promo.

Edited by Kajunswty

Early 2013. :)

thanks for the reply....i may have misworded my question. what i meant was is this the first time they've offered Ultimate Beverage Package free as part of a promo.

No it is not. It was offered last year (twice IIRC) as a booking perk with UDP for suites only - we had those for our Getaway cruise in April 2014.

This is the first time the package is offered in such large scale though.

Early 2013. :)

No it is not. It was offered last year (twice IIRC) as a booking perk with UDP for suites only - we had those for our Getaway cruise in April 2014.

This is the first time the package is offered in such large scale though.

thank you..i hope corporate likes the results! i want to book another for fall / spring next year but we are in limbo because one of our daughters may do an internship with Disney. we won't find out until as late as may if she gets in. if she gets lucky we'll be spending some time with uncle mickey *O* during the holidays if not cruising will be our vacay plans...

I'm not a big drinker, but I can't help but consider the potential value of the UBP being included as part of the Freestyle Choice promotion. Sometime next week, I'm likely to book a cruise on Norwegian Escape because of it.

I guess that means the promotion's working. :D

I was on a 14 day Panama Canal cruise in November and I had no intention of going on another cruise for at least a year. Because of the new promotion I am now booked on the Dawn leaving New Orleans on Feb 8th. The UBP was just too good to pass up. My sister and her husband have booked a cruise too because of this promotion.

We always buy UBP anyway, so it would be a super deal for us. However, it's not available for our Escape TA, (and the other offered promos would have raised our total cost significantly to rebook, so no free deal for us). We are planning to do land trips again for a while, so not booking anything else right now. Should this promo pop up again next year, we'd probably bite. That shows its working.

Edited by LrgPizza

I'm not a big drinker, but I can't help but consider the potential value of the UBP being included as part of the Freestyle Choice promotion. Sometime next week, I'm likely to book a cruise on Norwegian Escape because of it.

We'll be on the Dawn on Sunday and, also not big drinkers, but looking forward to having the IBP!

What are you doing away from MainSquare anyway, Marc??? ;)

Good to see you here.

No brainer on some trips.

Spirit and Jade 10n the UDP and UBP cost close to $800pp the cruises were selling for $625inc tax pp.

The UDP and UBP included fares were $17pppd over the cheapest fare for the cruise.

NCL had to respond to the packaging the other cruise lines are doing.

IMO it is the cruise lines trying to reset price expectations higher.

Also the beverage packages will tend to be bought by those that will benefit, by pricing them in everyone has to take them even those that don't drink so much.

What are you doing away from MainSquare anyway, Marc??? ;)

Good to see you here.

Heh heh... :D

I love Cruise Critic and spend a fair amount of time here keeping my love of cruising going between cruises, although I generally spend more time over in the Royal Caribbean forum. It's only recently that I've tried NCL and now with this new promotion, I'm likely to book my second NCL cruise.

This promotion (and the included UBP) secured our Escape booking! Excellent promotion.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app