Ordering Off-Menu Crown Grill

LynnMW3

Thing is that you're asking the waiter/cook to go way out of the way and they are all overworked as it is. That's why you're getting snarky comments. Isn't there something else on the menu that you'd like? If not, go to Sabatini instead... this will be special as well and you'll have something you can eat without putting undue burdens on he staff. Odds are though that they probably won't accommodate you at the Crown Grill. To you, it doesn't seem like a big deal, but on a ship that feeds about 3,000 passengers, it's a big deal indeed.

Really Nina? This is a restaurant. This is what they are trained to do. It is not a big deal. They are no more going out of their way then if you were in the MD and asking for a special dish which is what happens every cruise. My guess would be that some on this board are just worried that their dining experience would some how be changed. Next you will be wanting us to pickup our own dishes because the staff is so over worked. Give me a break.

Edited by waltd

Doesn't the wait staff already go between dining rooms/specialty restaurants to retrieve leftover open bottles of wine for people to enjoy with their dinners, or is that somehow not quite as burdensome..?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well... If one doesn't find it in the last place they look it seems to indicate they are still looking after finding the thing!

Well, some people can be very slow learners.

Doesn't the wait staff already go between dining rooms/specialty restaurants to retrieve leftover open bottles of wine for people to enjoy with their dinners, or is that somehow not quite as burdensome..?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Excellent point. Perhaps the waiter, whilst retrieving said wine, could slip a salmon filet into his pocket. Two problems solved.

I have to thank the OP. I haven't laughed out loud at a thread in ages. Enjoy your Crown Grill meal, whatever and however you get your entree.

Excellent point. Perhaps the waiter, whilst retrieving said wine, could slip a salmon filet into his pocket. Two problems solved.

I have to thank the OP. I haven't laughed out loud at a thread in ages. Enjoy your Crown Grill meal, whatever and however you get your entree.

Thanks...who could have imagined that such an innocent question would trigger such responses...I never realized how demanding, unsympathetic and self-centered I was! Do you think they'd let me pick up my salmon filet "to go" in the MDR and bring it with us to the restaurant?:rolleyes:

All we wanted to do was share a special dinner with a couple friends...sheesh!:eek:

Thanks...who could have imagined that such an innocent question would trigger such responses...I never realized how demanding, unsympathetic and self-centered I was! Do you think they'd let me pick up my salmon filet "to go" in the MDR and bring it with us to the restaurant?:rolleyes:

All we wanted to do was share a special dinner with a couple friends...sheesh!:eek:

I know its pretty pathetic........

I would ignore those responses, some are obsessed with finding the inconsistencies in posters answers and live/thrive to prove posters wrong. Don't be bullied. :) There are members that enjoy helping any way they can. ;)

I know its pretty pathetic........

I would ignore those responses, some are obsessed with finding the inconsistencies in posters answers and live/thrive to prove posters wrong. Don't be bullied. :) There are members that enjoy helping any way they can. ;)

A voice of reason (among a few others) ;)

We are not saying anything 'to your face' on these message boards than what some of the shipboard staff will say behind your back...sort of like those waiters you hear about that spit it your salad because you're being 'difficult'. But it's better to receive both sides of the story than to get all 'rainbows and ponies' answers. At least you're better prepared.

:cool:

Last month on the Golden we were dining at the Crown Grill and I asked if I could have just a plain green salad with Bleu Cheese and I was told no by the waiter and not very nicely either. He explained that he would have to send someone to the MDR galley and it would throw off the timing. Oh well.

Last month on the Golden we were dining at the Crown Grill and I asked if I could have just a plain green salad with Bleu Cheese and I was told no by the waiter and not very nicely either. He explained that he would have to send someone to the MDR galley and it would throw off the timing. Oh well.

Lovely.

We went to the Crown Grill while on the Grand last September. It was also escargot night in the MDR. My husband asked he could get it for an appetizer, they said they would check. It was a short wait, but they got him his escargot. In fact they brought him 2!

The question of payment was raised in post 10.

Lew

Yes, it was, and not by the OP. She never once indicated that she would not be willing to pay for something she could get for free in the MDR. I stand by my answer. They will be happy to oblige you in any way they possibly can. A little advance warning will work in your favor, as will a smile and being polite when you ask. I personally have ordered something from the MDR whilst eating in the Crown Grill (and ordered for the entire table of 12 to boot) and was met with nothing but smiles and "of course we can" by the dining room manager.