PVP calls

deew0424

I have received a phone call every other day for the last month from my PVP and I am unclear why. We leave in less than 16 days for our cruise, this is our 10th cruise and she is not offering anything as far as upsell or discounts. My husband finally to her not to call back unless she was giving us a free cruise....lol. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue.

Gosh...glad we aren't the only ones! We put a 24 hour hold on a cruise a week ago and some pvp has been calling every day. I talked to her once and she was quite pushy. We still haven't booked. Just watching the rates for a cruise in March.

Edited by Drakestar

Just like sanmarcosman we communicate via email. Mine will occasionally send me a how are you doing, do you need anything before the next cruise or how was the cruise note? But not much else. This works great for me. I would put an end to such frequent phone calls quickly and would likely find a different PVP. We all have our own styles and there is a PVP or TA out there to match each of us. It just takes a little while to find the one with which we click.

My PVP never calls me. He will send the monthly newsletter and that's it. If I need something I email him and he will email me back quickly. All of our communication is thru email except when I want to book a cruise, then he calls to get payment info. I like it that way!

Do not log in when you go on Carnival.com. There is a rumor that a message pops up on the PVP's computer when you log in and it will not go away until they take action. Ever since I stopped logging in my PVP doesn't call me at all.

That makes sense. I was looking at cheap Bahamas cruise, logged in and priced it. I never finished the booking but within an hour I had 2 emails. One from a PVP and one about places to explore in the Bahamas. Now I know why, so thanks :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app

I have received a phone call every other day for the last month from my PVP and I am unclear why. We leave in less than 16 days for our cruise, this is our 10th cruise and she is not offering anything as far as upsell or discounts. My husband finally to her not to call back unless she was giving us a free cruise....lol. Just curious if anyone else is having this issue.

I think they are triggered by you checking out the website. Tell her you want offers via email only.

Do not log in when you go on Carnival.com. There is a rumor that a message pops up on the PVP's computer when you log in and it will not go away until they take action. Ever since I stopped logging in my PVP doesn't call me at all.

My PVP hadn't called me in years but called me about a week before we booked after a previous conversation. He knew we weren't quite ready to book, but said that me logging in prompted him to call.

I changed my phone number on the site so I wouldn't get any more calls. I read of others who did that on another thread on here.

I like to log in to see special offers, resident rates, etc... but every time I do I get calls from a PVP (never booked with one). I asked her to only use email, not phone but that didn't deter her. Changing the phone number did. I put my old home number which we no longer have.

I read others who put Carnival's phone number as theirs on their account! ha ha

I logged in for the first time in 2 years when I saw the $2 cabin thread. Been getting calls every other day since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Gosh...glad we aren't the only ones! We put a 24 hour hold on a cruise a week ago and some pvp has been calling every day. I talked to her once and she was quite pushy. We still haven't booked. Just watching the rates for a cruise in March.

probably trying real hard to make some bookings so she makes her quota and doesn't lose her job.

Bill

I changed my phone number on the site so I wouldn't get any more calls. I read of others who did that on another thread on here.

I like to log in to see special offers, resident rates, etc... but every time I do I get calls from a PVP (never booked with one). I asked her to only use email, not phone but that didn't deter her. Changing the phone number did. I put my old home number which we no longer have.

I read others who put Carnival's phone number as theirs on their account! ha ha

I went on there to change my phone which was my landline phone but the pvp was calling on my cell number.:confused:

Bill

I have received a phone call every other day for the last month from my PVP and I am unclear why.

Did you ask your PVP why? Or did you just ignore the calls? I'd love to offer some clarification but I'm sure that picking up the phone and actually speaking with the person would provide clearer and faster answers.

I know that we live in an era where we want to do it all electronically, and speaking to a live person has become uncomfortable to some but, respectfully, it just baffles me to see occasional threads like this one where people just can't pick up the phone, but will gladly waste their time speculating on an online forum.

Edited by Tapi

I got an email and a call this week from someone identifying themselves as my new PVP. I, too, had been playing on the booking engine while I was logged in. She initiated the call, but her manner was abrupt. I asked her if my current PVP was no longer with Carnival. She started backpedaling and said she would check because she didn't want to step on anyone's toes. If I do need a new PVP, I won't be using her ;)

Did you ask your PVP why? Or did you just ignore the calls? I'd love to offer some clarification but I'm sure that picking up the phone and actually speaking with the person would provide clearer and faster answers.

I know that we live in an era where we want to do it all electronically, and speaking to a live person has become uncomfortable to some but, respectfully, it just baffles me to see occasional threads like this one where people just can't pick up the phone, but will gladly waste their time speculating on an online forum.

Wow! Angry much? Amazes me people get ignorant on forums too when someone makes an inquiry.

I picked up the phone EVERY time! Each time she said she was checking on us to see if we needed her. I specifically said at the very first call that we were booked and ready to leave. That should have been the end but she called every other day for almost two weeks saying the same thing. The last time it was someone completely different! This forum helped me to realize that it was because I was logging into Carnival.Com and I appreciate the help! If posts like this bother you perhaps you should just ignore them.

To everyone else, thank you! I changed my phone number on my profile and no calls last night!

My PVP is awesome he never calls unless he has a good deal for us that he thinks we might be interested. We have booked 2 cruises with him and my parents have booked 4 we love him and I pass his name and # to anyone looking to book a cruise.