Crazy Room Service Question

The times we've ordered room service (not pre-ordered breakfast when they call before delivery) I don't like having to sit in the room waiting when we could be on the balcony. But if we go out we can't hear anyone knocking and it could take any where from a few minutes to an hour.

Is there a trick I haven't learned yet?

The times we've ordered room service (not pre-ordered breakfast when they call before delivery) I don't like having to sit in the room waiting when we could be on the balcony. But if we go out we can't hear anyone knocking and it could take any where from a few minutes to an hour.

Is there a trick I haven't learned yet?

We leave our door ajar by setting the dead bolt on the lock. We keep an eye peeled from the balcony, but it usually works fine.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hmm.. I could swear that the few times we have ordered room service, they telephoned about 2 minutes before arriving. This gave us time to put a robe on and get out the tip.

If we order breakfast via the door tag the night before they do call, but if we decide we want afternoon coffee or a snack and just call them up they just deliver....never had them call first then.

Thanks everyone...like the lock and note idea. They need a little light on the balcony that comes on if someone is at the door :)

Edited by packedandready

We have left a note on the door and left the door ajar. Sometimes the doorbell is not loud enough to hear when on the balcony. Sometimes they will knock loudly but a note works best and tell them when you order that you are on the balcony so the list it.

Why not? I enjoy breakfast on the balcony, why not lunch or late afternoon snack on sea days? We plan on a romantic dinner or two as well!

That's cool, I was just razzing ya. Personally, we don't really enjoy room service and for us, there certainly isn't enough room on the balcony for a full dinner meal. We prefer to be out and about, not in the cabin for meals. But that's just us. :D

On my last TA we ordered room service every day for coffee and croissants every morning, for 5 days until my pants stopped fitting!!:mad:

I hear you! Try that on a 12 day (but not every morning) than a week in Paris. I think the only thing that saved us was all the walking we did!

We've always had early dining and so at the end of the night, we all go back to one of the rooms, break open a bottle of wine and order a snack from room service. This time, we have late dining because my Grandson and a friend are going and we know they will get up late (later than us), and will want to stay at the pool or a beach later and we don't want them to feel rushed to meet us for early dinner. We've decided we will switch it around and enjoy a snack and wine on the balcony a few hours BEFORE going to dinner. We love sitting on the balcony with a snack and wine relaxing. We always leave the latch set to where they can just come on in, and a post-it note on the door...and we leave the balcony door barely cracked to watch for them to keep from having the wind tunnel effect when the door is opened.