Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

You review has now become part of my morning coffee ritual. We were on Serenade in February and will be back in April the week before repositioning. Had to sail her one more time before she leaves NOLA, which is only about 4 hours from home so easy for us. Noticed in Key West you plan on going to Capt. Tony's. We haven't been there before and had already thought about going after reading the history. Since you mentioned going, now I feel certain it must be a "not to be missed" place. Thanks for this review. It's great!

Because of the early arrival and early departure, I could only walk past Captain Tony's....once closed....once opened but there was a lot of people in there.

Just be aware that the decor is quite "rustic"....many old dusty bra's hanging from the ceiling and the like. BUT it is historic and should not be missed, IMO.

If nothing else than a cold beverage.

The checkin in with Immigration on Deck 5 was quite painless if you just have all your documentation ready.

We breezed through in less than 5 minutes....seriously probably 2 if it were not for the full lap around the dining room!

Back to the room to grab my camera, etc and off we went. It was a very short ride to Clinton Square and then off to wander about.

We found our way to Mile Marker 0 on highway one. I took a shot both ways. I guess that was in case I did not know if i was coming or going. I like that much better than being at the "end of my road." :D

Milemarker0_zpsa080df99.jpg

Milemarker0begins_zps56478a75.jpg

In our wandering around Key West, we explored some areas of boutique hotels and residences. We found our first inquisitive rooster who wondered why I was taking his photograph without asking permission.

rooster_zps78231a97.jpg

We saw some nice structures and this was one that stood out for a nice photo op to share.

House_zps334d82a6.jpg

We were intrigued with some interesting flora.

IMG_5931_zps523c1261.jpg

IMG_5933_zps26f25301.jpg

Of course, by then it was time that the Margaritaville store was open and we wandered over to see if there were T Shirts that called our name. Indeed there were. After purchasing our shirts we ventured to enjoy some Loaded Landsharks at......

MargaritavilleKeyWest_zpsb7dd8160.jpg

Following a slaking of our thirst (a favorite Radar O'Reilly effort at being fancy with speech) we wandered toward our most favorite of Key West places....first with a stop to wave at family on the Live Duval Street webcam outside of Sloppy Joes......the Conch Republic Seafood Company.

There we enjoyed beautiful vistas of the marina and enjoyed oysters and Key West Pink Shrimp that are caught locally.

marinaviewfromConch_zps0126d971.jpg

shrimp_zps8453bee5.jpg

Then back to the ship. The line for the trolley back (FREE) was short and we arrived quickly and proceeded to Deck 11 for beverage, snack, Tropical Duo music and doing these posts.

Edited by Havana Daydreamin

It was a typo!

Deck 11 Starboard. Maybe I had a cigar buzz going?! :D

Sorry for the confusion.

We are on deck 10 for our cabin but we cannot smoke there, of course.

Ha Ha no worries, we are on deck 10 as well! Things change all the time, so you never know!

Hope the rest of your trip is a blast.

Karen

Certainly, I procured a La Gloria Cubana Serie N from my personal humidor to enjoy while doing these posts.

Barbara's company is great, the music is wonderful, and I include a skyline of Old Key West and what I prepared to daydream over....Sunset Key...where the entry level residence starts at around $5 Mil.

oldkeywestskyline_zps801f74d9.jpg

sunsetkey_zpsd24b2985.jpg

Nice I have a cigar to help the daydream along!:D

Hope you all enjoyed tagging along with us a bit today.

Later I will try to get today's Cruise Compasses up.

Reading this review has become a morning ritual for a lot of us!

Thank you very much Havana Daydreamin... I really appreciate your positive attitude!

You are quite welcome! I do enjoy doing this as I live vicariously by others who are providing the same when I am landlocked waiting for my next cruise vacation.

Hope you enjoy!

Has RCL posted a list of the cabins that were affected by the power outage?

I have not seen any. I suppose they have posted some, but not for public consumption.

I think it was more electrical difficulties and distribution of power than water damage. But that is just my conjecture.

Afternoon Havana Daydreamin, I has been a real treat tagging along on a cruise with you which could have easily had a negative overtone. I look forward to meeting you and Barbara next week at the M&M.

Thank you a bunch and glad you enjoyed! We did not sign up for the Meet & Mingle, but you will know where to find me after the posts this week. *wink*

Thank you a bunch and glad you enjoyed! We did not sign up for the Meet & Mingle, but you will know where to find me after the posts this week. *wink*

I'll endeavor to find you at Cafe Latta one morning or Deck 11 starboard aft. Would enjoy meeting you both and buying you a drink at Margaritaville in Falmouth or Guy Harvey Restaurant Grand Cayman (located above the Harley store - the owner Bruno is a friend) or last but not least maybe Senior Frogs in Cozumel.

Edited by mfeenker

Barbara is the early bird in search for the worms this morning. Actually, I was not too far behind. I could not get back to snoozing so I thought I would get this posted and then go watch the sunrise.

Today is the Consecutive Cruisers meeting. So the first information deals with that. I would not get off the ship were it not to have to pay for parking. Because of the issues at the beginning, the parking attendant just simply did not want to take my money. She indicated that she would just charge me for one week. Yeah, right!!! I don't want to get off next week and find that my vehicle has been towed! So I will need to get off briefly and then be able to get back on as soon as the ship is cleared for boarding. I suppose that will mean I have to wait around awhile.

Wish it would have all been smooth last week. But then again several hundred are wishing it would have been the same for them. I can deal with the minor interruption.

ConsecutiveInvite_zps31c3f78f.jpg

ConsecutivePage1_zpsded89c14.jpg

ConsecutifePage2_zps338cd39f.jpg

Great photos! Thanks again for a great review - and you have a full 2nd week to enjoy!

Just curious but we have friend on board (a bartender named Alok). We've sailed with him several times on the Serenade. Have you met him by chance? Nice guy! Looking forward to seeing him again in a couple of weeks.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OH MY GOODNESS!!!! Havana Daydreamin you have sold me on a cruise out of NOLA!!! Royal should be paying you!!! I have become so excited about your on going daily posts...WOW is not enough!!!! Thank you sooo very, VERY much for the time involved to make these wonderful posts. Looking forward to the next installment...