Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

I want to add my thanks to you for posting during your vacation! We are also sailing next week so hopefully we will get to thank you personally! We are booked in cabin 8010 which I am afraid is one of the ones that are empty this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they get everything repaired and we won't suffer the disappointment so many others did on this week's sailing. We fly out to NOLA on Friday so hopefully RCCL will notify us prior to then if we won't be able to sail. It would be a disappointment for sure but much easier to take if we were still at home.

See you soon (hopefully)!

Chris & René

I e-mailed Royal Caribbean last week and this was their reply:

"We are happy to advise you that the Cruise Director

for your sailing will indeed be John Blair. He returns

as Cruise Director for the Serenade of the Seas on

February 28, 2015."

So now I am completely confused :confused:

Royal shoreside is well know for giving wrong information about cruise directors.

Thank you for your updates. My DH and I, along with another couple, hopes to sail on Saturday. Our staterooms are 7534 & 7536, so they are in the affected areas of the power outage. Will be checking during the week for any info you can find out. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by Kay C

Well, my last major posting I left with the intent for doing a little dreamin on the lounge chair on the balcony. I was getting pretty successful at the attempt for about 10 minutes.

I mean who couldn't get relaxed listening to the sound of the sea and watching the wake!!?? It is so mesmerizing.......

IMG_5687_zpsae7b0893.jpg

I think I might have just about been on the verge of a dream, when I heard what sounded like a scream......then a tremendous roar......

THAT'S RIGHT....a tremendous roar.....from a fighter jet at low level flight right over the ship! It was not a dream!

As I scanned the sky for any sight of the jet, it came back over a second time at low level....tipped its wings and went on its way.

So much for sleep now as I was hoping to see another pass....I had the camera ready with the motor running. Never saw it again.

Well, we ventured up to the poolside for another set from the Tropical Duo, me with a Bolivar in hand to do a little daydreamin with....Barbara went to secure some beverages of Paradise Punch for her and Balvenie Triple Cask for me. We enjoyed everything immensely.

The pool deck was sparsely populated. I guess many were getting "gussied up" for the Captain's Reception.

After the music set and the Bolivar was a pleasant memory, we went back to the balcony and were treated to a sunset that is sure to please.

Now, I need to let you know....my filter on my camera makes it a bit prettier than it was to the human eye. That said....it is a fitting memory to a great day at sea.

Good night all!

IMG_5696_zps5d41cfe6.jpg

IMG_5699_zps0119ca9d.jpg

May all your dreams tonight be wonderful ones too!

Will do!

If you have the opportunity, could you please ask Alan when he will move from the DL to the CL? On the CL/DL thread, they keep reporting that Alan is supposed to replace Nizar (sp?) in the CL right about this week.

Thank you. And keep those photos coming! :D

VR,

T Lex

The Chef's Table (for those who may not know what it is) is a special dining venue limited to a small number. We were anticipating 12 but two of the people were in the affected cabins and not able to participate.

We gathered in the Safari Club on deck 6, being welcomed and led to a seating area and served a flute of sparkling wine while getting acquainted and waiting for everyone to arrive.

Then we were taken in to find our seats. Name placards are at each participants place along with a menu. This is a picture of the table & settings along with the menu of this week.

IMG_3965_zpse47a43f9.jpg

Each course was presented with explanation as was the presentation & explanation of the wine that was paired with that course. These are examples of what you would experience.

We have never gone to the Chef's Table. Am I correct in assuming that all the dish's listed on the menu are served and the wine listed with the menu item is served with it.

I read on another message string that the Blairs will be taking a "short" time off and will be back onboard the end of February.

The Blairs have told more than one person that they are heading to the Jewel. Exactly what date that will be is yet to be determined, but they are not coming back to the Serenade.

We have never gone to the Chef's Table. Am I correct in assuming that all the dish's listed on the menu are served and the wine listed with the menu item is served with it.

Yes. You are right on target with that assumption. What you see listed is exactly what you will get.

Menus may vary

Edited by Havana Daydreamin

If you have the opportunity, could you please ask Alan when he will move from the DL to the CL? On the CL/DL thread, they keep reporting that Alan is supposed to replace Nizar (sp?) in the CL right about this week.

VR,

T Lex

Thanks a bunch.

I am sorry, I forgot to inquire in the midst of other things that were occupying my attention. I will endeavor to find that out today.

The greeting of the morning sun called my name this morning around 6:20. Get ready, set, go.....was the theme of the moment.

Camera - CHECK!

Sea Pass - CHECK!

GO!....for a stop at Cafe Latte-tudes for a Cappaccino and then to Deck 11 forward to wait for the sun to make its appearance. Clouds loomed on the horizon and it appeared that we may not see the sun make its appearance. After some time there was a small glow on the horizon that briefly made its appearance before disappearing behind the clouds.

Some might have given up, but I am glad that I waited because the sun did greet me with a beautiful "howdy" this morning!

sunrise_zps2c7282ee.jpg

We are scheduled to arrive in Nassau at 2 PM this afternoon. My list of activity is short. A visit to Graycliff for cigars and a visit to their chocolate shop, our very first stroll through the straw market (we have always refrained from this, but today we will give it a go), and then to Señor Frogs for what we hope they still do, table side preparation of fresh conch salad.

In port with the Serenade today according to schedule I printed prior to the cruise are: Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Sensation, and Disney Dream.

Then we will return to the ship to enjoy the rest of the day.

Here's hoping the sun is shining on all of you and your daydreams today!

Good to see the Tropical Theater is back in service!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Yes, I think many agreed with you. It seemed high spirited as we walked by it last night.

I have no news about the cabins as I missed the Hotel Director in my rush to see the sunrise.

The greeting of the morning sun called my name this morning around 6:20. Get ready, set, go.....was the theme of the moment.

Camera - CHECK!

Sea Pass - CHECK!

GO!....for a stop at Cafe Latte-tudes for a Cappaccino and then to Deck 11 forward to wait for the sun to make its appearance. Clouds loomed on the horizon and it appeared that we may not see the sun make its appearance. After some time there was a small glow on the horizon that briefly made its appearance before disappearing behind the clouds.

Some might have given up, but I am glad that I waited because the sun did greet me with a beautiful "howdy" this morning!

sunrise_zps2c7282ee.jpg

We are scheduled to arrive in Nassau at 2 PM this afternoon. My list of activity is short. A visit to Graycliff for cigars and a visit to their chocolate shop, our very first stroll through the straw market (we have always refrained from this, but today we will give it a go), and then to Señor Frogs for what we hope they still do, table side preparation of fresh conch salad.

In port with the Serenade today according to schedule I printed prior to the cruise are: Majesty of the Seas, Carnival Sensation, and Disney Dream.

Then we will return to the ship to enjoy the rest of the day.

Here's hoping the sun is shining on all of you and your daydreams today!

From one cigar lover to another - enjoy!

Where may I ask do they allow you to partake on the Serenade? I purposely saved a couple of my special Montecristo #2 that I picked up in Dec in St. Maarten for our sailing on the 14th.

From one cigar lover to another - enjoy!

Where may I ask do they allow you to partake on the Serenade? I purposely saved a couple of my special Montecristo #2 that I picked up in Dec in St. Maarten for our sailing on the 14th.

I have been on Deck 10 starboard by the tables and on Deck 5 starboard.

VR,

T Lex

Alan indicated that his last day in the DL was on the 31st.

I guess I will see next week for sure.:)

The Blairs have told more than one person that they are heading to the Jewel. Exactly what date that will be is yet to be determined, but they are not coming back to the Serenade.

Can you tell me who the Activity Manager is on Serenade, now?

I know that the Blairs are the CD's onboard.

Alan indicated that his last day in the DL was on the 31st.

I guess I will see next week for sure.:)

You certainly will! :D. Thank you very much!

One possible glitch that may have already been addressed or rectified depending on the itinerary reversal, but if you are first porting in Nassau, then to Coco Cay, you may find that upon return to Key West you will first have to clear customs and immigration. :eek: I'm writing because you're live blogging and thought you should plan on potential delays debarking in Key West. Hopefully, the itinerary will extend the time in port to compensate (we're on the same itinerary on 7-14 March as you were supposed to have prior to the difficulties and we port in Key West at 1100 but must be on board NLT 1630). Good luck!

VR,

T Lex

Thank you again so much for doing this LIVE post. I am thoroughly enjoying the posts and especially the pictures! The sunrise looked incredible this morning! I cannot wait to be on her in a few weeks. I hope you enjoy Nassau! I cannot wait for more posts and pictures! Thanks again!:)