Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

Finally on board and a cold beverage well earned. Muster is in 30 minutes.

Some 800 passengers perhaps could not board with 417 cabins affected.

That's all I know for now

That's awful for those folks. I'm glad you were able to board.

Really appreciate your updates!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Well we got on board and barely had time for a beverage before muster.

After muster we had an espresso and chatted with parents for a bit and then went to relax a bit in the cabin and place the luggage in the cabin.

Barbara relaxed for a bit. Tomorrow I will scan the info documents and post them. I don't know if the wifi is workable and will check on that in the morning.

A staff person just came by and indicated they had been told we might move at 4 am. But I think that might just be to make room for another ship tomorrow. I think that is Norwegian. I don't know and am a bit behind with fatigue from standing. Had been used to walking.

I hope also to have some night scapes up to post. It has been fun to take night shots around the city scape.

Thanks all for the notes to keep us updated on what I had not learned

Hope I can get this posted as i had tried earlier and could not get anything posted.

Good night all as I am finishing daydreaming over my habano

Well we got on board and barely had time for a beverage before muster.

After muster we had an espresso and chatted with parents for a bit and then went to relax a bit in the cabin and place the luggage in the cabin.

Barbara relaxed for a bit. Tomorrow I will scan the info documents and post them. I don't know if the wifi is workable and will check on that in the morning.

A staff person just came by and indicated they had been told we might move at 4 am. But I think that might just be to make room for another ship tomorrow. I think that is Norwegian. I don't know and am a bit behind with fatigue from standing. Had been used to walking.

I hope also to have some night scapes up to post. It has been fun to take night shots around the city scape.

Thanks all for the notes to keep us updated on what I had not learned

Hope I can get this posted as i had tried earlier and could not get anything posted.

Good night all as I am finishing daydreaming over my habano

Screenshot from port schedule

http://corelserver1.portno.com:8082/cruisemain.htm

http://portno.com/vessel-schedules

754713cab47219874ffe1f41f1ccab82.jpg

Location info if anyone interested

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/details/ships/shipid:374965/mmsi:311492000/imo:9228344/vessel:SERENADE_OF_THE_SEAS

send from my phone please excuse any typo's

Great site! Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The serenade has move to a different dock. It is 4:52 AM.

I heard us move and felt it but did not get out to watch it. So I would guess the move may have been initiated around 4 AM.

We will see what today brings.

NOAA forecasts the following....

Today Sunny, with a high near 64. West wind 10 to 15 mph.

That's probably the most sure thing we can count on at this early hour.

Edited by Havana Daydreamin
Added line

The serenade has move to a different dock. It is 4:52 AM.

I heard us move and felt it but did not get out to watch it. So I would guess the move may have been initiated around 4 AM.

We will see what today brings.

Yes appears just down a little from where u where811adc3475764861015c59096003a399.jpg

Indeed it is. I went up to deck 11 and got a picture of the French Quarter from the river this morning.

At Louis Cathedral was easy to find on the skyline in the lense.

Currently in Latte'Tudes loading pictures from the camera.

Hoping the satellite internet is up so I can post some with commentary

Indeed it is. I went up to deck 11 and got a picture of the French Quarter from the river this morning.

At Louis Cathedral was easy to find on the skyline in the lense.

Currently in Latte'Tudes loading pictures from the camera.

Hoping the satellite internet is up so I can post some with commentary

Thank you

Good morning from Cafe Latte’Tudes on Deck 5 of the Serenade.

This segment is going to have a couple pictures of waiting to board and commentary.

It was a long arduous wait. Not much one could do about it, but keep a positive outlook. For the most part that was what I observed of many of the passengers. Oh, there were some grumblings here and there that I heard, but mostly everyone was very patient. That was very nice. Getting upset and ranting over conditions beyonds one control does not do much good and in most cases, and certainly this one, cannot correct the condition.

I will admit being a bit antsy to get to the port after our lunch. (SIDE NOTE: Thank you Barbara!!! That was a great call for nourishment as there were only sweet coffee style cake, cold limpy pizza, and hot dogs that were brought around.) The Royal Caribbean Windjammer staff did the best they could under the circumstances. That said, I was antsy as I had not sailed New Orleans and had no idea what to expect at the port and wanted to not be too very late in the day.

We arrived at the port from the Quarter quite easily and entered following the signs. We were directed to the correct terminal only to be greeted by a police officer who told us they were not boarding until 2 PM.

HMMMM….What to do? Where to park? Where to hang out?

So I made another turn around into the port. Taking off my sunglasses and putting on my regular eyeglasses, I was hoping that the officer might not remember me. I was wrong! LOL I was directed out until later as he had no clue if I could park and just hang out there. It turned out we could. At the entrance to the lot, a RCL rep was checking us against the cabins affected at that time which numbered 299. We were not on it so we parked and paid for one week at the advice of the parking lot attendant.

We took only our carry on, leaving our larger bags in the trunk hoping to roll them to porters later on. I later went to retrieve them at just the right moment before we entered into the terminal for yet more waiting.

We found my Father & Mother in Law and began the wait in line. Here are a couple shots from outdoors. This was sometime around 1 I believe.

wait1_zps59f2a725.jpg

wait2_zpsa6cb08b4.jpg

We finally were directed to wait in the terminal but made a long line well down the terminal. Our location was between doors 2 & 3. (Sounds like “Let’s Make a Deal”) and waited and waited while posting periodically from my phone.

Finally cleared for boarding by the USGC, the line moved. Here we are with TSA in sight. That was about the last long wait.

tsainsight_zps733e46cb.jpg

Check in was smooth and efficient and onto the Serenade we went, not knowing what would happen next. After check in there were porters available to take our larger luggage. PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I was never so happy to see a porter.

We took our bags to the cabin and posted from the phone whenever I could.

Next up: New Orleans nightscape

Edited by Havana Daydreamin

We experienced Muster and then enjoyed the nightscape for a bit. A sample of them from the ship are general skyline, the “Whale Lot” where we are parked, and the Crescent City Connection bridge from ship forward and midship. My Time Dining was nice. I only took a picture of the menu which I will include also.

IMG_5497_zps7fc48575.jpg

IMG_5494_zps51bc6f32.jpg

IMG_5504_zpsf1cefaa5.jpg

IMG_5514_zps465fd205.jpg

Many Diamonds, Diamonds Plus, Pinnacles enjoyed the lounge in the lounge.

IMG_5509_zps5f65bd46.jpg

Up Next: Menu from Dining Room