Havana Daydreamin Back 2 Back on Serenade NOLA "LIVE"

As I say on pretty much a daily basis......

YAHOO!!!!

The beautiful Serenade of the Seas has come into port!

I woke up at about 6:15 and it was light enough to get ready for some sunrise pictures against what I thought would be the Serenade docked at the cruise terminal.

However, when I got down to the river, there was no ship! YIKES A quick check of marine traffic and I learned she was not far down the channel. So I prepared to get ready to welcome her back to New Orleans.

While I am giddy with excitement, I know there are a good number of passengers experiencing very soon the debarkation blues. Hope they got another one booked while onboard!:)

Enjoy the sights as I did.

IMG_5438_zps4a450e3b.jpg

IMG_5443_zpsb2133d4b.jpg

IMG_5446_zpse4c156c3.jpg

IMG_5454_zps9ab7ef8a.jpg

IMG_5475_zps3823743b.jpg

It is very difficult to focus on packing from the Hotel St. Marie. Though we won't leave till later morning, I want to get it done so I can focus on something better.

Traveling to the Serenade.

Embarkation

That first "bing" on the sea pass card.

Getting into the cabin.

Seeing what has changed since we were last on her.

Last time we enjoyed cabin 9500 the very most forward cabin starboard side. This trip the very most aft port side in 1100. I guess it is not only a "Back to Back" trip, it might also be a Front to Back combined with our last trip.

The other thing that will occupy my thoughts after all of that will find a nice place to daydream over a "habano" and beverage.

It will then be time for Havana Daydreamin on the Serenade for two weeks.

Thanks for checking in and more later today.

As I say on pretty much a daily basis......

YAHOO!!!!

The beautiful Serenade of the Seas has come into port!

I woke up at about 6:15 and it was light enough to get ready for some sunrise pictures against what I thought would be the Serenade docked at the cruise terminal.

However, when I got down to the river, there was no ship! YIKES A quick check of marine traffic and I learned she was not far down the channel. So I prepared to get ready to welcome her back to New Orleans.

While I am giddy with excitement, I know there are a good number of passengers experiencing very soon the debarkation blues. Hope they got another one booked while onboard!:)

Enjoy the sights as I did.

IMG_5443_zpsb2133d4b.jpg

IMG_5475_zps3823743b.jpg

Wow. Nice pictures of the Serenade coming in. Hope to see this in 5 weeks :D

Can't make it out, but is that the Carnival Dream or Elation coming in behind the Serenade?

I am looking at the Harbor cam this morning and can only see The Carnival ship...is it parked behing Serenade? Following your posts closely as we are sailing this itinerary March 28th...very excited. Thanks for the time you are taking to write your experiences. Julie

Received robo call and email notifying us of delayed boarding today. Details follow

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you with important information regarding your sailing today, January 24, 2015, onboard Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans. Last night, the ship experienced a water pipe break that flooded some electrical equipment onboard. All of the ship’s critical systems are operational. However, a few areas of the ship are without power. Because of this, your boarding today will be delayed. We ask that guests not arrive to the port before noon today. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation, and looking forward to welcoming you aboard.

I am looking at the Harbor cam this morning and can only see The Carnival ship...is it parked behing Serenade? Following your posts closely as we are sailing this itinerary March 28th...very excited. Thanks for the time you are taking to write your experiences. Julie

Serenade is behind Carnival

I hate that for everyone involved. I am just off the Serenade and it was a little scary when everything happened. We were in the theater, heard a loud pop and then they told us about water in the electrical room.

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Coast Guard is currently inspecting the ship. If or when cleared, boarding will begin. Note below.

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International. We would like to provide you an update regarding your sailing today onboard Serenade of the Seas out of New Orleans. The U.S. Coast Guard is currently onboard inspecting the ship. We are waiting for authorization from the Coast Guard to begin boarding. Because the cruise terminal in New Orleans is very limited in space, we ask that guest explore the local area until we can begin boarding. We will contact you again once we have received permission to begin the boarding process. We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

So relieved that your cabin was spared and you will get to enjoy two weeks onboard! I have loved your review so far! We were engaged in NO 25 years ago and returned last Feb for a NCL Jewel cruise. We spent 3-4 days walking the streets, eating beignets, Etoufe and oysters, touring the WWII museum (amazing) and listening to Jazz In Preservation Hall (not to be missed). DH had a broken foot at the time so we missed out on some of the things you were able to do in the Garden District! Next time! Your pictures brought back such great memories! Next time we are staying at the Hotel St. Marie! Love the architecture and wrought iron throughout NO!

Have a wonderful cruise and Thank you in advance for what has already been a terrific review! Hope your ports are far away from the storms brewing!

Lauri

Hello, this is Royal Caribbean International with an update your sailing today onboard Serenade of the Seas. The U.S. Coast Guard has given us permission to begin the boarding process. Please return to the terminal so that we may check you in for your cruise. Our entire onboard team look forward to welcoming you onboard, and will do their very best to make your sailing as enjoyable as possible.